Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thanks @tsavorite ! You're always so kind 

@sprocketta yes with this highlighter Iโ€™ve found the lightest touch is the best! If you have a fan brush, Iโ€™ve found it works best:)

@eshoe never bought a brush for highlighter and don't have many brushes. It's definitely out of my depth.

Iโ€™ve learned the brush matters, @sprocketta! This jar could last a lifetime with its serious glow.

@sprocketta   That is a beautiful shade on you, and your skin looks luminous, whether you have highlighter on or not. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @Ispend2much6 that was very sweet. You should've seen how gold the right cheek was before I cleaned things up.

@sprocketta   Probably as gold as my shirt when I opened the jar. ๐Ÿ˜†

@Ispend2much6 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ my carpet took a hit from the chrome pot too.

@sprocketta Looks great!!

Thanks @Samtian the picture really doesn't do it justice.

@sprocketta - Your eyes look great!  The colors you chose look very pretty on you, and you did a great job with the mascara.  Too bad about the cold sore, but it's better to get that healed and then play with your PMG lippies.  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@Titian06 thanks! Shimmer pink is my go to. It looks more pigmented than the picture shows.

I'm totally counting this as a birthday present (such perfectly timed arrival): thank you so much, @TeamBIC , for spoiling me and several other folks with the Tarte Unleashed gratis package! 

Y'all already know how the box looks and what's inside, so I'll just show my swatches. I love loose pigments, so having a Chrome Pot makes me happy! I finger-swatched it 2 ways: dry and with a mixing medium. 

I should've swatched the wet powder with a liner brush instead, to show how it'd look as an eyeliner. D'oh.I should've swatched the wet powder with a liner brush instead, to show how it'd look as an eyeliner. D'oh.

The highlighter made the whole box smell vanilla-y, which isn't a bad thing. At first I thought the scent came from the eyeshadow palette, but nope. It'll be fun to see how diffused I can get this bad boy with the right brush, because he wants to light up the night. ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

@WinglessOne   You're going to have so much fun!

Those look stunning, @WinglessOne , and that chrome paint purple is gorgeous. Enjoy!

@WinglessOne Congrats and beautiful swatches! Vanilla scent!?! โค๏ธ

Congratulations and happy birthday, @WinglessOne!๐Ÿง Beautiful colors!

Thank you @curlychiquita ! ๐Ÿ–ค

Congrats @WinglessOne @and happy birthday!!! Those colors look really pretty on you!!!! 

Thank you @Kim888 !

Happy Birthday, @WinglessOne and @Titian06  !  December is my Birthday month also!  Let's all celebrate together!

6,253 Replies
testing