Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congrats, @2manyperfumes!

Thank you @quspork โค๏ธ

@2manyperfumes  Yay!!!! Many congrats! And I find it so heart warming that both you and your daughter get to try everything out together. So sweet. 

Thank you @PrettyPaint โค๏ธ

So happy that you were chosen to receive this, @2manyperfumes!  Your looks and great pics are always so inspiring and I hope that these new goodies inspire you just as much :).  Enjoy!

Thank you so much @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜˜ I used the priming oil today and the facial scrub and both lip products lol. 

Congratulations @2manyperfumes. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Thank you @Loretta55 โค๏ธ.

Congratulations, @2manyperfumes !  I hope you (and your daughter) enjoy your gratis goodies!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @Titian06 โค๏ธ

Congratulations @2manyperfumes  ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @lmaster โค๏ธ

Thank you @lmaster โค๏ธ

Congrats @2manyperfumes! What a lovely gratis! ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @itsfi โค๏ธ

Update on hair products -

AMIKA - Flash Instant Shine Hair Mask -

Look/feel / smell- Thin gel, not too slippery. Nice smell which dissipated to a faint on after some time. 

How it works - Washes off well. hair feel clean and not slippery that I feel product is still left on my hair. It does not feel silicone ladden, does not have too much slip so I do not feel the need to keep washing it. 

Performance - I had less frizz. I let my hair air dry. My hair were shiney, good volume, stayed fresh for wash day+3 days; even on 4th day did not fee too oily. I like it quite a bit and interested in this. I probably will buy it. 

Will try next time with blow drying and report back

Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder Post Workout Dry Shampoo Mist 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Test conditions - I used it today after workout. Full disclaimer - It was 4th day hair but not overly oily. 

I used it on half head and used Living Proof dry shampoo on the other half to compare. 

Feel & Smell - Mist felt nice but very very strong fragrance. I felt like I am spraying perfume on my hair. Stayed strong for about 8 hours. Could be an issue for someone with migraine or sensitivities to scent. 

Performance - It worked somewhat. Hair looked better but not good enough if I needed to go out. Living proof side looked as well as 'felt' cleaner/ less sticky when I ran my fingers through hair compared to the side where I used this mist. I shook well before using (powder is completely separated when you keep the bottle on counter). 

I am not sure I will buy this. 

I will test it again on 2nd day and 3rd day hair to give it a better chance. 
See the liquid and powder separattion. Powder sediments at the bottomSee the liquid and powder separattion. Powder sediments at the bottom

EE7DA40E-A311-4F2D-8EE7-B50B5DA45453.jpeg

AMIKA - Flash Instant Shine Hair Mask Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder Post Workout Dry Shampoo Mist 4 oz/ 120 mL

@naturalooks15  I was also pretty surprised by the strong smell of the B&B. I think because of this it's not necessarily something I'd want to use everyday, but I think it would definitely be nice to cover up any "dirty smell" if you had a really hard workout. Unfortunately I haven't had a hard enough workout yet to be able to see, though ๐Ÿ™‚  Maybe this will be a motivator. 

@naturalooks15  Good to know about the bumble and bumble. Iโ€™ve seen so many people talking it up. I do love the pret powder from bumble and bumble. 

Thank you for the warning about the dry shampoo @naturalooks15. What is your hair texture? I have very thick wavy hair and I am having an unexpected surprise from the hair mask. My hair is almost dry after washing it 4 hours ago. I wonder if that is one of the many benefits!

My hair are wavy and medium @Loretta55 I am not too educated in the terminology that I see (3c, 4c etc.)

@naturalooks15  Bummer about the B&B dry shampoo mist. Heavy fragrance and stickiness are 2 of the things I hate about most dry shampoos. โ˜น๏ธ I hope it performs better the next time you try it. Thanks for all your updates! 

6,253 Replies
testing