Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@mrsmouse congrats on your gratis. When youโ€™re feeling better Iโ€™m sure you will enjoy your goodies.

Re: RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thank you @KNC24๐Ÿ™‚

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@mrsmouse @Congrats on receiving this gratis too. Hope you feel better soon

Thank you @SportyGirly125!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrat, @mrsmouse! Sorry to hear youโ€™ve been sick, seems like this has been a really hard year on everyone๐Ÿ˜ž Hope you are feeling well enough to get back to back to life as normal๐Ÿค—

Thanks @eshoe!  I wound up with bronchitis and it definitely did not play well with my asthma.  I am finally back to work and feeling LOADS better!  I can't wait to try these babies out now!  ๐Ÿ™‚

....and are you home again, @mrsmouse? Seems like almost everyone is. Keep getting better!!

Yes, I am back home again @eshoe, but at least am able to work from here.  I live in a very densely populated area with some confirmed cases so the entire area is in a shelter-in-place that started at 12am yesterday, until April 7th.  It's for the best really, to minimize exposure.  How are things where you are?  Are you home too?

Weโ€™ve been pretty much sequestered for the past couple of weeks, @mrsmouse. Not mandatory, although things have started to lock down more in the last day or so. Working on my reviews of the brushes, with everyone home and being interrupted every few seconds, itโ€™s definitely a challenge!

I really wish our area would have started the shelter-in-place sooner @eshoe.  I was off work visiting my kid and then came back sick, so I was only in the office 2 days since 2/27.  I also, fortunately, I do not share an office with anyone. I haven't even tried the brushes yet.  ๐Ÿ˜ž  Going to give the face ones a try today though.  I'd like to see how the foundation ones perform with both foundation and tinted moisturizer.  I currently use an Artis brush for foundation and a KVD brush for tinted moisturizer, so it will be interesting to see how the Sephora PRO brushes compare.  I wish you and your family health and happiness during this challenging time!

How has it been going, @mrsmouse? I was able to review 6 today, the other 4 I need to work with more before, donโ€™t feel like Iโ€™ve had enough time to give them a real โ€˜go.โ€™ 

I havenโ€™t tried anything from Artis but it seems like the brand would have a decent match for the 70 foundation brush. 

Hugs to you and your family๐Ÿ’—

Some things came up yesterday and I didn't wind up putting on any make up at all @eshoe.  I have a plan for today though!  I am going to do one half of my face with my regular brushes and the other half with the Sephora PRO ones.  It will still be a little while before I post up reviews because I want to give them all multiple tries before giving my opinion.  I have been staying away from all of the reviews so my opinion doesn't get skewed or swayed.

The Artis brushes are pretty pricey, and I probably would not have tried them if I had not found them on clearance at TJM.  The bristles on the Artis brushes are more densely packed than the Sephora PRO 70, but let's be honest, the price points are no where near each other.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hugs and love to you and your family as well!  I hope you all stay happy and healthy during this challenging time!

@mrsmouse I did the half face thing today with a few of my regular brushes and the Sephora Pro brushes. The later applies more product, itโ€™s totally unexpected so I feel like I need to work with them more to develop a better understanding of them before I review. So I totally hear ya on thatโ˜บ๏ธ

I'm still working with them @eshoe, and the "using less product" is one of the things about the Artis brushes that I find to be true.  That being said, application wise, I felt the Sephora PRO 70 did as good of a job as my Artis Oval 7.  Other than that, I'm withholding my comments until I am ready to post reviews.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I finally got a chance to try out the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Jelly Melt Glossy Lip Tints from the valentines gratis package. I really like both shades but Flamenco is my favorite!

FlamencoFlamenco

Cha Cha ChaCha Cha Cha

Thank you again so much @TeamBIC for sending these my way!โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Both shades are lovely @faeriegirl! Flamenco is absolutely stunning on you! 

Thank you @itsfi!

Aren't they great? @faeriegirl. I love both shades on you!!!

Thank you @PrettyPaint!

Yass! Flamenco is such a good color on you! @faeriegirl 

Thank you @Buootiful!

6,250 Replies
testing