Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@eshoe  Oooh, I like seeing other peopleโ€™s comparison photos; glad Iโ€™m not the only one doing that! I hope more folks can post comparisons, especially Luxie owners. I donโ€™t have a large Luxie collectionโ€”just 4 or 5 brushes so farโ€”but I often say theyโ€™re my softest synthetic brushes, and a couple of these new Sephora PROs remind me of Luxies: similar shapes and softness. Itโ€™d be fun to see more old vs. new PRO brushes, too. 

I hope you enjoy the brushes! 

Ah yes, @WinglessOne - I have the 56.6 and I think 55.5 (the Rouge brushes) but I couldnโ€™t include them because they werenโ€™t 100% clean๐Ÿ˜„

I received a Luxie brush in a beauty box awhile ago but gave it away, it seemed too soft for me. Is the white tip of the brush sparser? Iโ€™ve heard good things about those brushes I just have brush tunnel vision;)

@eshoe  Yeah, some Luxies donโ€™t seem dense enough for their intended purposes. My skin (and eyeballs behind closed lids) love their softness, but if theyโ€™re also floppy then I canโ€™t use them the way Luxie intended. 

And psh, we wonโ€™t judge you for showing us dirty brushes. Some of the comparison brushes in my photos were dirty! ๐Ÿคฃ Hell, my MAC 217 blender is probably dirty in each photo Iโ€™ve shared on BIC; that brush gets used often. 

And see, Iโ€™ve never noticed, @WinglessOne ๐Ÿ˜‰ You have such an amazing brush collection. Every year I admire the Lunar New Year Brush and the LE brushes that Beautylish comes out with, they are just fun to look at. Itโ€™s enough work keeping my brush set clean๐Ÿ˜„

Anonymous Insider

Congratulations @eshoe 

Thank you, @Anonymous - congrats to you as well!

Congratulations @eshoe! Love to look at the comparison and your brush collection. They make me happy ๐Ÿฅฐ canโ€™t wait to hear more

Aww thank you, @blackkitty2014! Brushes make me very happy, too, I feel especially lucky๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations, I love the comparison brushes @eshoe !

Thank you very much, @Buootiful! I tried them out this morning, hoping tomorrow to try them with different products to compare. I feel very fortunate to be able to test these out:)

@eshoe, Congratulations on receiving this awesome Gratis....

@eshoe, Congratulations on receiving this awesome Gratis. Thanks so much for displaying your brushes that you use along with the Sephora Pro Brushes, that was really helpful.

Re: @eshoe, Congratulations on receiving this awesome Gratis....

Youโ€™re welcome, @Luvstravel ๐Ÿ™‚ Some are not exactly the same shape/size but the intended use is the same so hoping the reference will at least be helpful to someone!

Congrats, @eshoe!!! Happy Monday :).  Thx for the brush comparison as well--I think it's really helpful for people to include that. 

Thank you, @CookieGirl1! This is going to be a pretty novel experience for me so I am looking forward to having some time to sit down and really  experiment with some products. 

I hope the brush comparisons helps, since my vegan bristle knowledge is pretty amateur:)

@TeamBIC  You are so very kind and generous for allowing me to try the new Sephora Pro Brushes. I will be sure to post detailed reviews once I've had a chance to upload my photos. I've already started using them, and I'm so happy with them! Thank you, thank you!!!

Here's the lovely collection!!!Here's the lovely collection!!!

@PrettyPaint  Congratulations!!!

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚ @ather 

Congratulations!!! @PrettyPaint so excited for you ๐Ÿ’—

Thank you so very much @lmaster 

Congratulations, @PrettyPaint!

Congratulations, @PrettyPaint!

Re: Congratulations, @PrettyPaint!

Thank you so much @curlychiquita