Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and I’ve been finding that while it’s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, it’s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products we’ve received after we’ve been using them for a while, especially because it’s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

I have a family photo somewhere @ather ☺️ 

@eshoe That’s the best!!! 

Thanks for the update @eshoe ! I smelled the banana cream in the store yesterday and it really smells so good! But I agree - all their products can be a bit difficult to get out - It's nice it's glass rather than plastic but maybe a square shape would be easier to use!

@Kim888 curious if you decided to sample it or not. I’m crossing my fingers for a promo🀞🏼

@eshoe  great reviews, thank you so much! I'm eyeing that GLOW RECIPE - Banana SoufflΓ© Moisture Creamnow

I was planning on buying it before I received the gratis @averylayne, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to open it! I have tried and loved so many different daytime moisturizers, but they have to work as well with my other products as my HG does (the YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Superfood Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer). This one does that. The only minor difference I noticed today is that there is just the very slightest tack that remains. I’ve been wearing it for three weeks and this is the first I’ve noticed, so that is just how minimal it is.

Hopefully they have it as a promo soon!

@eshoe  good to know! I'm not a huge fan of that tacky feeling either, especially in a daytime moisturizer 

@eshoe, I'm wearing my GLOW RECIPE - Banana SoufflΓ© Moisture Cream tonight again and I like it!  I can see how it may not work for very dry skin but I have a combo of oily and normal and I put it on over my retinol, which works well.

The skincare I’ve tried from them seems best for normal/oily skin @curlychiquita I agree. I bought the Watermelon Moisturizer but use it as a serum in the winter. Love that everyone has had a positive experience with it so far!

@curlychiquita @eshoe I still need to try this!! I have just a little left in a ds volition celery, maybe another week

You are extraordinarily patient, @lmaster

Hardly ever lol @eshoe πŸ€£

Great reviews! @eshoe I'm really loving theAMIKA - Reset Clarifying Gel Shampooand AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioneri know the scent of the conditioner is not everyone's favorite, but I actually like it, and love the cooling sensation it gives! I'm also very much loving the VIRTUE LABS - The Perfect Ending Split End Serum, I'm still not convinced the price is justified quite yet

@lmaster  I’ve been looking at those shampoo and conditioners!! Glad to hear a great review 

@ather the conditioner has a menthol cooling scent and feel, I personally love it

That’s good to hear about the Virtue, @lmaster. Im going to focus on that one in the next couple of weeks πŸ‘πŸΌ

Happy Friday BIC! I wanted to jump in and share my thoughts on the AMIKA - Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo and AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner since I've been testing both out for about 1.5 months now.

I wash my hair 1-2x/week so have used this pair 3-4 times yet I can already tell a difference and feel like my scalp is in better shape than it was two months ago. To be honest, my scalp has been was dry and itchy so I thought it would only get worse with the "cold" weather we've been experiencing in San Francisco. I also wasn't sure something that's meant to absorb oil would help balance my scalp.

I use a lot of dry shampoo so think that the clarifying shampoo has been helping with product buildup. I see less flakey texture in my hair as well! I haven't been needing as much dry shampoo and feel like I haven't needed to shampoo my hair more than once/week. This is a plus for me because my hair is super dry and I prefer to skip shampoo whenever possible! I am excited to continue using this and definitely recommend to anyone with scalp dryness or oiliness they want absorbed. I feel like my scalp is so much more balanced using this duo!

@KatieBT  Sounds awesome!! 

@KatieBT  That sounds just perfect! I have some trouble with my ends getting dry from too much washing, so I'm tempted to give this a try to see if it will help me decrease how often I use shampoo. 

@PrettyPaint If your ends are dry I would avoid washing them with shampoo if you aren’t doing so already! I only scrub my scalp with this shampoo and smother my ends with the conditioner. I feel like water + any in-shower hair product is all you need to get your hair clean, but that’s a personal opinion! I know some people feel the need to wash their ends with shampoo. 

Thanks @KatieBT. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I think I need to make a conscious effort next time I shampoo to know for sure what I usually do because it's second nature at this point. I think I usually just kind of massage it into my scalp moving upwards, but I'm wondering if a bit too much shampoo gets on my ends this way. I'll definitely give your suggestions a try! 

3,821 Replies