Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thank you so much @haleyvvvv , and congratulations to you too Heart !

@Mcakes   I agree with Sporty your smile is contagious. ๐Ÿ™‚  BIC's personalized items are always so cute!

Aww thank you @Ispend2much6 Heart ! I am with you on the BIC personalized items, they're the best! 

@Mcakes Your videos make me smile.  Love your new channel.

Thank you so much @SportyGirly125 Heart !! I should have added a spoiler alert for you!!!! Hopefully you already got your box and I didn't ruin the surprise!

@Mcakes No worries Lmaster posted what she got too so now I am really excited when I get it today.

So grateful to get this bundle of goodies. But I'm wondering if there is somewhere to change my skin tone setting for next time? Almost all of these products are way way too dark for me.

Edit: for some reason I can add pics to post since the last app update 

@MsMAP Congratulations!

Congrats, @MsMAP!!

Congratulations, @MsMAP !  Enjoy your goodies!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@MsMAP @Congrats on this gratis. You can change your skin tone on your profile online. Usually with gratis they donโ€™t cater to a specific skin tone. We almost all get the same product color to test out. 

Cross posting 

@TeamBIC Thank you so much for this surprise assortment of clean products.  I canโ€™t wait to try everything and review them.  There were 2 items not in the shades mentioned on the sheet. I got SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette Monarch  and MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Mood  so I will be reviewing those in replacement of the ones on the sheet. 

3FA6BD1F-65F7-48A2-80B6-A84148F1ECB0.jpeg

C776CA54-0A5F-4A2A-A949-0CDC96D7415C.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 Congratulations, they look like great products!

@SusanM85 @Thank you 

Congratulations on receiving this great gratis, @SportyGirly125!! I hope you like all of the products, can't wait to see your reviews!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you!

Congratulations,  @SportyGirly125 !  These products look really nice!  Enjoy!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@Titian06 Thank you!

Ohhhhhh how exciting!! Congratulations!!! @SportyGirly125 

@lmaster Thank you!

This is a follow up to a gratis that @TeamBIC (Thank you again!) sent some of us a while back with a selection of hydrating and redness-reducing serums and masks. I wanted to post a few thoughts about a couple of them now that I've finished or almost finished a few of them. 

Background: My skin is oily and dehydrated. I'm 40 so aging is an issue but still get occasional (usually hormone related) breakouts. I'm pretty prone to redness in my cheeks and hyperpigmentation. My skin isn't overly sensitive to too many ingredients, but can react adversely to certain things (ferments, retinol, a few others). 

All that said, I wanted to get this up since my favorite of the bunch is included in this weekend's sale so I picked up a new tube and wanted to share in case others might be interested. 

PXL_20210212_170126802.jpg

The first up is one that just didn't work for my skin- the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask. I love the original Laneige water sleeping mask and have it in both the original version and the lavender version. The original version is incredibly light weight, sinks in easily, and hydrates my skin well overnight. Unfortunately, the Cica version is just too heavy for my skin. This version would be much more appropriate for those with drier skin than mine.  I didn't notice too much of a reduction in redness with this one, but I believe that's at least in part because it didn't agree with my skin overall. I've tried re-purposing it on other areas of the body that see more dryness (hands, arms, etc) but it ends up not being quite moisturizing enough for those areas. If anyone is interested in any of the sleeping masks, Laneige (direct site) is offering full-size versions as a GWP with $65 purchases today and tomorrow. 

The second is the Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. This sleeping mask that is supposed to plump, quench, and restore overnight is just "OK" for me. It is a light, airy cream that sinks in well and does add some hydration, but in the end, there's just not enough OOMPH to justify purchasing this for me. 

That leads me to the third product, Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL. This I love. It's a light cream treatment that layers easily into my routine, sinks in well, and works! It hydrates, soothes, and calms my redness. The Calendula included in the ingredients is an added bonus as my skin loves that particular ingredient for plumping and soothing. I love layering this under my moisturizer at night. It's made a noticeable difference in the redness on my cheeks, and I can feel a difference in my skin when I'm using it vs when I'm not. At first, I balked a bit at the price tag, but in the end, I do feel like this one is worth it for me. And for the Sephora Presidents' Day Sale, it's marked down from $58 to $41 (US) which made it an easy order for me this morning. 

Thanks again TeamBIC for letting me try out these products and I hope this helps someone else out there! 

testing