Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@ShortErica Yes, it was me ๐Ÿ™‚ You have a good memory @SportyGirly125

Oh yay @ohheyitscindyk! Great job @SportyGirly125!

I'm not sure @SportyGirly125, but just remember seeing some fans after that gratis and knowing it was memorable (though apparently I'm not doing a good job remembering) profile pic. Hopefully whoever wished the bear wasn't limited edition will at least be able to get it again.

@ShortErica would I have to be a BOSS in order to receive gratis? Are there any qualifications?

@rosegoldlovely   Just keep sharing reviews and honest opinions of products you try and stay active so your visible.  You donโ€™t have to be a boss - just active and likely to share reviews.  

@heartsmyface that's the thing, I did tons of reviews since I became a part of the community back in March. I have excellent review stats but I'm still a Rookie. ๐Ÿ˜ญ I also have been incorporating collage pictures of the actual product into my recent reviews and before and after shots. Hopefully soon I get gratis. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ’ I'm just anxious, I guess. ๐Ÿ˜… LOLSephora Review Stats.jpg

An example of one of my review pictures.....

118387249_310867543454015_5864951896966627970_n.jpg

Thanks for the positive vibes as well! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸŽ‰ I'll keep trying!

@rosegoldlovely I agree with @WinglessOne.. I'm relatively new to the community and I just participate a lot.  I've learned so much especially in everything eye group.  I ranked up pretty quickly initially because I participated a lot.  Just keep posting and interacting and before you know it you will rank-up.๐Ÿ˜

@tjffc Oh wow! Thanks for the motivation! โœŒ๐Ÿพ And I need to check out the Everything Eyes group because that is actually where I have the most difficulty. Itโ€™s like you read my mind. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

@rosegoldlovely I'm not sure if product reviews (on Sephora.com product pages) count toward BIC rank. I think rank stats have more to do with number of BIC posts, hearts given and/or received, and length of BIC membership. None of us (who aren't BIC mods or admins) know for sure. But, I think it's great that you've done so many product reviews! You've done far more reviews than I have. 

As others have said, just keep participating in BIC threads and a mod might choose you for gratis, based on the way you participate. Try not to make gratis or BIC rank your goal, though. I mean, participate because you genuinely want to interact with us, not because you wanna get freebies or rank up. Just hang out with us, be considerate and helpful, don't flame or troll anyone, keep contributing to conversations, and you'll rank up before you know itโ€”and you might also get gratis. 

@WinglessOne Couldn't have said it better.

@WinglessOne I see what you mean and I really appreciate your genuine advice. I'll keep it in mind. ๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿพโ€ I love doing reviews in general, because it help others make better decisions on items. I get sad when I see reviews that are very vague like, "Product worked very well." I'm just like, what's good about it?! What does it do?! What does it look like?! LOL. So, when I buy something or get a sample, I try to be very descriptive for others. I'm also level 6 on Google Local Guides with 890 contributions to the Google Review community, but that's on Food Reviews. ๐Ÿคฃ But, what made me want to be active on here, really, is because I'm actually not good or have an understanding about makeup products. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I'm trying to become more feminine. I've finally learned how to contour perfectly! I think someone gave a picture example post on here based on Face shape. I'm embarrassed to say because everyone on here is so smart with skincare and makeup products. ๐Ÿ˜“ You all have been nothing but nice and helpful with all of my questions. ๐Ÿ˜€ I really will try to keep active! I know part of everything is that I haven't been in the beauty insider community for a year yet. It's been maybe 6 or 7 months, so I won't complain about gratis. There's people who've been here longer and deserves it before me. I just want to learn makeup techniques. ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

@rosegoldlovely like @SportyGirly125 said, it seems to be about community participation. Leveling up to Boss isn't required for it.

@rosegoldlovely Team BIC will pick people randomly sometimes.  It really is based on participation and how active you are.

Oh my goodness!  Thank you so very much @TeamBIC for the wonderful house robe and the lovely appreciation letter!   Iโ€˜Ve had it a while but I was swimming in it so had to take it in a bit in the sides and arms but itโ€™s absolutely perfect now!  Iโ€™ve cranked up the air conditioning so I can wear it around the house๐Ÿ˜…. I love it so much!   

1F879943-8E83-4E5F-BFA6-A2CDB4692B72.jpeg

โ€ƒ

So smart to have it altered @heartsmyface !   Mines a bit big as well, I still wear it, but I really should take it in a touch.

@heartsmyface  Congratulations!

@heartsmyface It looks like it fits you perfectly now!

Whoa that fits amazing @heartsmyface! Enjoy your robe. That extra love paid off, it's perfect.

@heartsmyface You're so multi-talented!!!

Congratulations!! @heartsmyface ๐Ÿ™Œ

@heartsmyface Congratulations on receiving the gratis!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค— 

6 Replies
testing