Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

You did the alterations yourself @heartsmyface!? It looks amazing! 

Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@GeorginaBT   Yes.   One of my hidden talents from my first job.   Itโ€™s been along while since Iโ€™ve sewn anything besides the odd curtain alteration, but it turned out well.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats, @heartsmyface ๐ŸŽ‰  You look amazing!

I wish I could fix clothes like that!  I've done a bit of hand and machine sewing but mostly for smaller things like bags and skirts.

@RAWRitsRED  Being able to use a sewing machine is an awesome skill no matter what size your projects are so awesome on you for doing what youโ€™ve done! And you CAN if youโ€™ve got the will to learn;)  I made most of my oldestsโ€™ baby clothes and clothes diapers cause I worked at a fabric store and got super discounted fabric.  I just donโ€™t have the patience to sit down and make things anymore.  That and once people know you can sew they expect you to make and fix things for them and it ruins the fun of it.  If you learn to sew keep it a secret from your family and friends;). 

@heartsmyface  that's awesome that you sew.  I started learning as a teenager from my gma and home ec.  It's hard, lol.  I did it more when I got into fashion, and wanted to go into fashion design.  a few things turned out good, but I realized I'd rather just go to the thrift store and get neat things, rather than try to make them myself.  and that's so true, I made a curtain and my dad would point out "hey isn't that neat?" then my brother wanted me to make him something, I said ok, but then he got annoyed and was like "fine, I'll just make it myself"  "I said I'd get to it!!!" lol.... ๐Ÿ˜…

@treestar86   It is for sure waaay easier and less time consuming to alter something than to make it from scratch . I LOVE thrifting but sadly havenโ€™t been in a long while.  The hunt to find treasure never gets old for me! 

@heartsmyface  Indeed!!  I was so excited that there was a goodwill just blocks from here, I used to walk there for a fun thrifting trip.  But I got too much stuff, and now my obsession has turned to the beauty world, lol.  it's smaller, so I can fit more of it in my house, haha. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations @heartsmyface! You look fabulous in your robe! ๐Ÿ’•

Congratulations to you, @heartsmyface! It looks great on you!

Congratulations,  @heartsmyface !  You look great in this robe!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

It looks fabulous, @heartsmyface!

@heartsmyface Congratulations on receiving your robe.

@tjffc   Thank you:). 

@heartsmyface @Congrats on receiving the robe.  Itโ€™s perfect on you 

Thank you so much Sephora and @TeamBIC for this wonderful collection of clean products.  I can't wait to try them all out.

20200811_104054.jpg

@SusanM85  I know you will have a lot of fun with that!  Congratulations!

@Ispend2much6  Thank you!

@SusanM85 Congratulations on your lovely gift from Sephora.

@tjffc  Thank you so much.

@SusanM85 Congratulations on receiving the gratis!! Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@mezzotown88  Thank you so much!

testing