Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thank you @Samtian! I love itโค๏ธ

@faeriegirl Congrats!!! Well deserved! ๐ŸŽ‰

Thank you @EuDeMa!

@faeriegirl 

Oh my god that robe looks so lush! Fit for a BIC Queen!

Thank you @GG84!

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ 

Awwww, what a phenomenal surprise, @faeriegirl! โ™ฅ๏ธ @TeamBIC outdoes itself again!! ๐Ÿค—

BTW, your skin looks flawless, hon! ๐Ÿ’—

Thank you @itsfi!

@faeriegirl 

Wow, congratulations!  That robe looks amazing๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @RAWRitsRED!

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to share my review of the gratis I received back in February, but here it is ๐Ÿ™‚

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Lip Pop- I love watermelon scented things, so I was excited that it was included in the box. It smells amazing, moisturizing, has a great light tint to it and lightly exfoliates my lips. Will definitely purchase when it runs out!

Lilah B Aglow Priming Oil-it's moisturizing, but I feel it's better in the colder months as it is a little thick. Very luxe and I like it, heavily scented btw. When I run out I will consider buying the smaller size as it is a little more affordable.

Lancome L'Absolu Mademoiselle Lip Balm in 03 Plump Pink-Has a minty smell, light tint, moisturizing, perfect for summer. The packaging is beautiful and bougee. 

Amika Flash Instant Shine Hair Gloss Mask-my hair was shiny after using it, but it didn't give me the WOW shine that I was hoping for.

Wishful Yo Glow Facial Enzyme Scrub-it exfoliated my skin gently and no redness or irritation and was quick and easy to use!

Bumble & Bumble Preta Powder Post Workout Dry Shampoo-it has a strong scent but by the time it dried down, my hair felt cleaner and smelled great. Going to come in handy this summer ๐Ÿ™‚

That's it for this gratis, I will review the Sephora Collection brushes I received in March!

Great highlight of products.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

#sephoracollection Gratis update! Hello Everyone, I have been MIA on this board for quite some time. I dunno why it feels easier to be in Insta but that is the reason for my absence. 

I hope everyone is coping and being well in these strange times ๐Ÿ™‚

BRUSHES:

I am more impressed with their face brushes than their eye ones. They pick up pigment and blend really well with no streaks. I usually use my fingers for most face makeup so that is my only point of reference for brushes. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59

It performs well for a powder brush. As a Hourglass ambient ghost edit reference, it picks up the blushes in the hard pan really well. I use it as a shortcut if I don't feel like blending blush really well.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96

Picks up hard pressed blushes like Hourglass really effortlessly. All you need is  a slight swirl and there's a lot of pigment  on the brush. Feels very soft when blending.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #70

I press then move in circular motions while keeping it on the cheek. I don't know what the best way to apply but the bristles are nice and firm. It's like a Teddy bear hugging your face ๐Ÿ™‚ This doesn't absorb too much product.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #56

I like it but it takes longer to blend than fingers. I prefer the #70. I  don't think it absorbs too much product but the bristles remain wet after application and the 70 doesnt do that.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Contour Brush #79

This is only for powder and not cream. I don't know if it is Hourglass but it doesn't pick up the highlighter or bronzer well in the Hourglass Ghost edit palette. I have to swirl 4-5 times to build color.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #14

It works ok but I like the older shadow version. This one doesn't blend as well or easy to use for a whole eye look. With their animal haired brush(discontinued) I could pack on color AND blend.  I will say it does create a nice shape for the outer corner of my hooded eyes.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #15

Handles cream really well. I used Tarte Clay lidlock and it was faster to put on than fingers ๐Ÿ™‚ I am so glad I finally found a good eye brush for cream.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #19

I wanted to like It but drags over the lid/crease. It doesn't glide over like my #38 featherweight crease ๐Ÿ˜ž .  I really wished it performed better!

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Brow Brush #20

It's ok, I wish the brow part  was slanted 

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Daily Brush Cleaner

This is my cleaning staple since Dec 2018. I love using this to clean my brushes but they raised the price $1 ๐Ÿ˜ž It has the same ingredients as the black bottle and is just re-packaged. I can clean my brushes from the day before quickly . It dries within a few minutes as I am waiting for my sunscreen to set.

Great overview of Sephora brushes.  I keep reading great comments about them.

I received Wishful Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 3.38 oz/ 100 mL as part of a gratis and tried it tonight. And loved it! I wasn't super excited about a scrub because you can damage your skin with those. But this has AHA too. Anyway, I was not impressed when I opened the tube and squeezed some out. I was sort of hoping it would smell like pineapple but it didn't (I know a lot of people don't like scent in their skincare but I do if it's right). No scent. Kind of a blah creamy consistency, not that gritty. I rubbed it into my skin gently, very mindful not to over scrub. It kind of balled up as I pushed it around. As I was rinsing it off,I was just like, meh. My skin didn't feel smoother. Then I dried my face and put my glasses back on. And exclaimed, "Wow!!!" My skin looks so much brighter. I'll be interested to see how it looks in the morning. I did notice my vitamin c serum (Farmacy cherry bright) strung a little when I put it on, which has never happened. I'll wait a couple minutes next time. I look forward to seeing my skin in the morning. A+++ Love it thanks @TeamBIC 

ETA: Got up and checked my skin out today. One whitehead but that was it. I know AHA brings stuff to the surface, so no concern there. I was afraid I would break out. Not the case. My skin looked so bright this morning. I'm sold on this stuff. Highly recommend!

@sprocketta Great review

@tjffc I will give you a follow-up. I liked it but haven't used it a second time. Take that for what it's worth. Though admittedly my skincare game has stunk during the pandemic.

@GG84 Checked my skin out today. One whitehead, nothing else. My skin looks nice and bright. This is a total winner. Let me know what you think when you try it.

Sad gratis update. My BIC pop socket for my phone broke today. I got so much use out of it! Bummed to see it go.20200415_080845.jpg

@sprocketta  Oh no. So sad ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@ather it's okay! @Loretta55 sent me hers as she isn't using it.

3 Replies
testing