Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

This exact thing happened to mine! I didnโ€™t use it all that long either. ๐Ÿ˜ž @sprocketta

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@sprocketta Ahhhhhhh!   Wow, that sure did get loved!!!   She looks like she could really use the spa๐Ÿ˜….  

Sad day.  

Awwwww @sprocketta ๐Ÿ˜ญ

You have my sympathy, @sprocketta !

R.I.P. Amazing Pop Socket.

Just a quick update two products that absolutely will not work for me.. From a previous gratis, I thank you Sephora and Team Bic for the opportunity to try these, unfortunately GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONERโ„ข Exfoliating Acid Solution Tonerwill no longer be in my routine for to the alcohol content, and one I was actually really getting used to loving SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer Serumcontains essential oils high up on the ingredients and has repeatedly clogged my pores... So sad but have to say goodbye

@lmaster Sorry they didn't work for you

@tjffc thank you! I know it was a bummer

A few thoughts after getting the chance to use some of the new brushes from the Sephora Collection PRO line that Sephora graciously sent so many of us as a gratis:

Ones that will definitely be worked into my regular rotation:

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #70 Love this brush. I'm usually a dedicated beauty blender user for foundation purposes, but occasionally will break out a brush, depending on what foundation I'm using. With something quite liquid, like Estee Lauder's Double Wear, this brush is a dream. It gave great, even coverage with smooth application. It blended really well and managed the contours of my face nicely.

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96: This is a fabulous blush brush and, in fact, might be one of the best I've used! It's great for targeted application, very soft, picks up and deposits pigment evenly and well, and doesn't leave excess product on the brush. Love this one!

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #15: This brush is great for more precise lid application, including getting near your upper lash line. It deposits pigment beautifully and doesn't hold too much excess on the brush. It also blends out really well. I'll reach for this one often. 

Ones I'll use occasionally:

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59: This is a decent enough powder brush. It did seem to work a little better with pressed powder over loose powder. It's very soft with a nice shape and doesn't shed (always a plus). But I felt like it struggled to pick up as much powder as my beloved RT powder brush. Still I'll have no trouble working it into the rotation. 

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #14: I used this as all-over lid brush and it seemed to work well for that purpose. It has decent pick up of pigment and held it well- I didn't experience much fallout with it. It's a little stiff, but overall a nice shadow brush. 

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #19: The more I use this one the more I like it. It not in the first category purely because it doesn't beat out my absolute favorite crease brush already in my collection. That said, this is a great brush to use. The shape is perfect for hitting the crease, even for someone with hooded eyes like myself. It's soft and comfortable on the eye. It picks up color well, though it does keep a fair amount of pigment on the brush itself. It's not terrific at blending out color outside of the crease, but that's a small issue. 

Ones that, unfortunately, miss the mark for me:

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #56- This one unfortunately just doesn't work as well at the other new foundation brush (70) IMO. I found it more difficult to get my desired coverage, it seemed to use more product, and it required a lot of extra blending time. 

-SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Brow Brush #20- Not a fan to be honest. The spoolie end has VERY stiff bristles which I found to be scratchy and uncomfortable to use. The brush end seems better suited for cream application and I'm a powder eyebrow coverage kinda girl. 

@quspork Great review

@quspork What do you use for your crease brush?

@Samtian It's actually a Julep brush. I'm not sure if they even still make that exact one anymore. I got it years ago as part of a shadow palette and the palette itself was 100% the worse eyeshadow I've ever used LOL. But the brush is amazing, go figure. 

Thanks, @quspork!  I have the # 70 and the # 96 on my favorites list.

Love those two, @curlychiquita! If you decide to pick them, I hope they work out nicely for you too!

This past week I was one of the lucky people to receive the new sephora brushes. Omg this packaging is amazing, and I was in love with how everything is labeled and seperated. I thought today would be a perfect time to try them out and honestly I am surprised and amazed considering that I never tried the Sephora brushes before. I used the foundation brush 70, and the two eye brushes 19 and 15.

Usually when I use a foundation brush it leaves streaks, and I usually never like how the finished effect is, but this one seems to be a game changer. It left my face looking flawless and I love how easy it was to use it. The eye shadow brushes are so soft, and I loved how easily they picked up the product, and how easy it was to put onto my eyes. Honestly, after this experience, it made me give the sephora brushes a second look.  Thank you so much Sephora and the BIC community, for opening my eyes to them.

Brushes I usedBrushes I usedLooking I did using the brushesLooking I did using the brushesAmazing packaging.Amazing packaging.How everything is labeled.How everything is labeled.

Lovely photo and the brushes look great.  I ordered one today to try out.

@Anastasiya13 your photo is GORGEOUS, that fascinator ๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe  Aww thank you so much hon โค๏ธ

Congrats @Anastasiya13 and what a great look! i agree the foundation brush is great

@Kim888  Thank you hon. Whats been your favorite brush so far?

@Anastasiya13 Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

testing