Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

I really like the stain these tints leave; congrats on receiving this fun gratis @Loretta55! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you very much @itsfi. These tints truly leave the prettiest stain. Once I finished my dinner last night, I just added a thick layer of balm and I was good to go.

Happy Valentine's Day, @Loretta55 !  Congratulations on receiving this Gift!

That sounds like a tasty test of the product.

I realize that I live in an area where fresh bagels are readily available but if anybody could purchase Thomas bagels Everything, they seriously could compete with any freshly baked bagel. I will gladly sign up to be a tester of lip products and give an honest review @tsavorite. Whenever I travel to a city, I always love trying local foods and have found many new favorites.

@Loretta55 @Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

Thank you @SportyGirly125.

Congratulations @Loretta55 โค๏ธ , they smell so good.  

I agree @2manyperfumes ! Thank you!

Congrats @Loretta55! ๐Ÿ™‚Enjoy your lippies! 

Thank you @itsfi.

Congratulations, @Loretta55 !  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @Titian06.

Congrats, @Loretta55! This is such a sweet gratis!

Thank you @quspork. I am having fun with these.

@Loretta55  Congratulations!!

Thank you @ather.

Congrats on receiving this wonderful gratis @Loretta55!  I initially thought I was going to like Flamenco the best, but I have actually found myself reaching for Cha Cha Cha more.  Which do you prefer?

I do not favor one over the other yet @mrsmouse . I like both colors. Next time I am in store I want to swatch the other colors especially Salsa.

Congratulations to you on your gratis @Loretta55 ! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom.

A thank you and a gratis update. Tagging @naturalooks15  who I think wanted to know my updated thoughts on F-Balm. 

First: aww, thank you @TeamBIC  for the Valentineโ€™s Day surprise! You know this lipstick junkie will absolutely put both of these to the test this weekend. For now, I can say the cherry scent surprised me but Iโ€™m not mad at it! While swatching, I kept sniffing the wand. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Also, love the handwritten note inside the card <3Also, love the handwritten note inside the card โค๏ธCanโ€™t decide which one to try first.Canโ€™t decide which one to try first.

Next: Iโ€™ve now used Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL enough times to say Iโ€™m underwhelmed. Iโ€™ve tried it at night with various facial oils, 2 different cream moisturizers, and on its own (no oil or cream underneath), plus once during the day applied after my usual AM Herbivore Emerald CBD + YTTP Superfood Moisturizer combo. It always feels like a hydrating splash of water when first applied; then itโ€™s sticky for a while; and then itโ€™s just kinda non-existent. Itโ€™s not moisturizing enough on its own for even my oily zone, let alone my dry zones. 

Iโ€™m grateful for the Sephora gratis and the lack of typical breakout/bad reaction I get with Drunk Elephant products. But the only way I get much benefit from F-Balm is by layering it over an oil and/or a cream moisturizer (which is kinda how DE meant for it to be used anyway, as a last step)โ€”and even then, I donโ€™t get nearly enough of a moisturizing boost for this product to earn a spot on my skincare carousel. 

Still, Iโ€™ll hold onto this bottle and try it again when temps warm up. I want to see if F-Balm performs better in much warmer weather. Itโ€™s no match for Chicago winter, not even one this mild compared to the deep freeze we normally get. For winter, Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL is by far the more moisturizing product for my skin. I canโ€™t use Calming Relief every day (it becomes a bit much for my oily zone) and probably wonโ€™t use it in summer, but my skin loves occasional use in colder weather. 

testing