Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@mrsmouse Congrats! Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you so much @RebeccaBT!  I am very excited to try it!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Congratulations,  @mrsmouse !  I hope you like this product!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Thanks @Titian06! ๐Ÿ™‚

@mrsmouse Congratulations! I came so close to picking this up during Ulta's last big hair sale event because it gets amazing reviews. I was kind of kicking myself afterward that I didn't so I'll be anxious to hear what you think of it. :-).

@CookieGirl1 I love and use this product and have gifted it to others on BIC. 

@SportyGirly125 I've really seen very few negative reviews on it but it's nice to hear your feedback as well because I'm always jealous of how great YOUR hair looks in the pics that you post.  You and @gonerogue both have gorgeous hair! 

@CookieGirl1 Awww thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š @gonerogue really has great hair. 

Thanks @CookieGirl1!  I try to steer clear of any reviews of gratis products as I want to formulate my own opinion without any outside influence.  I did look at the directions and it seems there are two ways to use it (on damp hair & on dry hair), so I'd like to try both before reporting back.  I am really excited to try it out & will certainly let you know.  ๐Ÿ™‚

@mrsmouse 

That sounds awesome! Enjoy! 

Thanks @GG84๐Ÿ™‚

@mrsmouse  Congratulations!! This sounds amazing. I canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts!

Thanks @ather!  I am going to give it a go this weekend and I'll report back.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been using and loving โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL. Iโ€™ve mainly been using it as a nighttime moisturizer and mixing  it with Blume Meltdown. I did use it on its own twice to see how it performed as the solo star in my skincare line up - but had a little zit pop up around my hairline from not washing my sunscreen off properly so ultimately decided to add Meltdown into the mix. Itโ€™s great for my always dry skin but I donโ€™t think I could use it in the morning. Itโ€™s a bit too rich to go under my medium coverage foundation. Will absolutely purchase this gem when the gratis runs out. Algenist is always a win with me! 

@GG84  Iโ€™m so happy you love this!! Thatโ€™s so great! 

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this @GG84, and since I'm a big Algenist fan it's definitely one I will be picking up and trying out.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Wanted to give some updates on the last gratis. 

Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL - So I have been using this pretty consistently since I received it - about 2 pumps a night as the last step in my skincare. I do think it's giving a little boost of extra hydration which is nice in these winter months and it plays well with my other night time skin care products. It absorbs pretty fast. However, I'm not sure I would really miss this if I didn't have it - like the extra hydration is nice, but I'm not sure it would be noticeable enough if I weren't paying attention. 

LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask - I'm actually surprised how much I like this.  I haven't found their other sleep masks to be anything special for my dry skin, but this has a much more cream like texture and it absorbs and delivers really nice hydration for me. My skin looked really plumped on the mornings after I used it and felt really hydrated. I know some people had reactions so test patch but it worked for me. 

@Kim888  Too bad you didnโ€™t love the f balm. But Iโ€™m glad you liked the sleeping mask

@Kim888 I'm loving both of these products as well!! 

I have tried the drunk elephant f balm mask a couple of times and I donโ€™t have an opinion on it. It doesnโ€™t seem to do much, honestly. Coincidentally, I received a bunch of drunk elephant samples last month โ€” the pink glycolic acid, the face wash, the light pink moisturizer and the orange eye cream. 

ive purchased the framboos glycolic acid before and didnโ€™t repurchase because I didnโ€™t see any results after finishing the bottle โ€” and I bought the large size bottle!  It was around the same time I discovered good genes which I did see results with so I just kept purchasing gg. 

Since I have the whole suite of drunk elephant skincare I thought Iโ€™d start with f balm first. I just donโ€™t really notice a difference. And now that Iโ€™m not pregnant my super dry skin seems to have corrected itself. So I canโ€™t say how this performs on dry skin. Just combination skin. 

I feel like Iโ€™m missing out since I know so many people love drunk elephant and especially the glycolic acid. I just donโ€™t see any difference. I love the baby skin peel though. I have to go back and see if I can use it while Iโ€™m nursing because that stuff is amazing!

@itscarin  I think different things work for different people. So as long as you find something that works good for you then thatโ€™s all that counts. 

4 Replies
testing