Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

I'm impressed as well @KatieBT glad to see it's helping in those areas you need most

@lmaster 'twas a pleasant surprise, indeed!

@KatieBT  @faeriegirl  How does this Amika shampoo compare with Living Proof Triple detox? My daughter's scalp gets so oily even the second day so thinking this might be a good milder option. 

@naturalooks15  The Amika is definitely a milder option. LP triple detox cleans much deeper. I like the Amika shampoo but I donโ€™t like the scent of the conditioner at all. The shampoo cleans well but I still have to wash my hair daily or it gets oily.

Gratis update:  The maybes 

amika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mL and AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner. So far I like this set. The shampoo has a nice scent and I love the texture. My hair feels nice and clean after using. I have used it several times now and it hasnโ€™t dried my hair out. The conditioner has a nice texture but the scent is very strong and I donโ€™t care for it. Luckily it doesnโ€™t linger. It is lightweight and doesnโ€™t weigh my hair down. 
I donโ€™t blow dry or style my hair very often so Iโ€™m not sure how much Virtue Strengthening Split End Hair Repair Serum Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL will help my hair. I do like the scent and didnโ€™t have any trouble with the pump. Iโ€™ve been using it on just the ends and it does make it feel silky. Unless I start styling my hair more often I wouldnโ€™t replace it. The SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer Serum works great. I love everything about it but the scent. It is very very strong. It feels nice on and my makeup looks great and lasts. Iโ€™m not sure I can get over the scent though๐Ÿค” 

The LOVES!

I am in love with all three lippies in this gratis! The Dior Lip Glow Oil Pink is so glossy and hydrating. The applicator is huge. I really like this and Iโ€™m definitely thinking about picking up another shade. The Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 25* Goldie Red in Goldie red is absolutely gorgeous! It is the perfect holiday red! It feels so comfortable, I love it!โค๏ธ I also really like  IT COSMETICS - Pillow Lips Collagen-Infused Lipstick in Humble. The formula is very hydrating and comfortable.  I love the Llama makeup eraser set! Iโ€™ve been using makeup erasers a lot lately because Iโ€™m trying to not use makeup wipes so I was thrilled to add another one to my collection! I absolutely LOVE the GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflรฉ Moisture Cream! It smells so good! Its not hydrating enough for me to use it alone but Iโ€™ve been adding it as the last step in my nighttime skincare routine like a sleeping mask. My skin looks great in the morning and it hasnโ€™t caused any blemishes. I would definitely repurchase if they would put it in a pump container. I try to avoid jar packaging.

The only No for me is the YSL black opium neon fragrance. Iโ€™ve tried it a couple of times and I just donโ€™t care for it. Even my boyfriend said he didnโ€™t like it and he usually doesnโ€™t comment.

Thank you again so very much @TeamBIC  for sending all these wonderful goodies to try!

@faeriegirl  Thanks for the update!

@faeriegirl I'm so sorry that you don't care for the ysl,, have your tried any of the other black opium scents?

I haven't tried any others @lmaster 

Well, everyone has their own likes @faeriegirl I personally love all the black opium scents they have, you should smell the others!

@faeriegirl I wore the It Cosmetics Humble lipstick today and really liked it!  I need to take a picture.  I think I am the only person that likes jars better than pumps for my moisturizers.  For me it's because I like expensive moisturizers but I'm cheap with them and want to use every last bit of them.  I hate wrestling with the bottom of the products in pump bottles (unless it's an airless pump, where I feel like everything comes out.)

GRATIS UPDATE: HAIR CARE EDITION

Gratis - Hair products.jpg

amika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mL and AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner

Spoiler

Virtue Strengthening Split End Hair Repair Serum Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Spoiler

@itsfi  Do I see a summer Friday mask there?? 

Yes you do @ather! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Itโ€™s the SUMMER FRIDAYS - R + R Mask - have you tried this one? I like that itโ€™s a twofer - exfoliates and hydrates. ๐Ÿ’• The light rose scent to it is something I really enjoy as well. ๐ŸŒน 

@itsfi  No I havenโ€™t tried it yet! Maybe I should pick one up!!

@ather, this one is my favorite of the Summer Friday masks. I find the exfoliation to be gentle; the highlight for me about the mask is how hydrated and nourished my skin feels after rinsing off the mask. ๐Ÿ’–

Love your #shelfie photo! <333

Thank you @PenelopeBT! ๐Ÿค—

Hi, friends! I wanted to update on the hair products from my last two gratis packages:

BRIOGEO - Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask

- A favorite!  I've purchased the regular version before and like this version even better.

AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner

-  Nice.  I have very thick hair.  It  claims it doesn't wear hair down and it doesn't.  I can use a little weighing down, though.  This is nice and I'll certainly finish it.  I have a friend with thin hair who would love it.

Virtue Strengthening Split End Hair Repair Serum Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

- I used it all over, not just on my ends.  I like it but I like my Virtue Hydrating Recovery Conditioner for Dry, Damaged & Colored Hair 6.7 oz/ 200 mL more.  For a leave in, I like my KรฉRASTASE - Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum (which I use as a leave in).

GOOD DYE YOUNG - Prime Color Kind Hair Primer

- Not good but not bad.  There's a flaw in the black paper packaging.  If my hands are wet when I spray it on wet hair, the black ink of the label comes off on my hands.  You can see it on the packaging in the 2nd picture.  I don't want ink on my hands while trying to style my hair.  I've used it three times and I'm not going to use it again.

Thanks, Sephora!

20191228_132702.jpg

20191228_132713.jpg

Good reminder about the Kerastase @curlychiquita! ๐Ÿ’— I need to put that somewhere within eye sight. 

I went ahead and used amika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mLand AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditionerway ahead of when I thought I would. I do love the scent on these products. I'll also note the conditioner had more of a foam consistentcy the first time I used it, this time it was more of a gel that expands a bit after dispensing. I still enjoy both of these products, and my hair was not dry feeling at all! Also continually usingVirtue Strengthening Split End Hair Repair Serum Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mLit does a nice job on repairing my ends, would I repurchase at 40$? No not for the amount of product that comes in that bottle. Maybe more like $28 range imo 

What I thought would be a never-ending search for a red lipstick that suited me (i.e., didn't turn fuschia on me) has come to an end, thanks to @TeamBIC and Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 25* Goldie Red - 25 Goldie Red. The art deco - like design on the packaging is absolutely beautiful, the satiny cream formulation goes on oh-so-smoothly and wears comfortably, and the color, well, it's just stunning! I've been giddy with how well is looks, feels and wears. Thank you TeamBIC and Gucci to introducing me to my red. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Gratis - Gucci lipstick.jpg

3 Replies
testing