Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Beautiful color @2manyperfumes , looks so perfect on you.

Thank you @naturalooks15 โค๏ธ

@2manyperfumes Its like someone hand picked that colour for you, it looks great!!

Thank you @GG84 โค๏ธ, I felt the same way, how did they know lol

What a great color on you @2manyperfumes !!

Thank you @Kim888 โค๏ธ

Congratulations, @2manyperfumes !  This color looks great on you!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @Titian06 โค๏ธ, I love this shade.

@2manyperfumes  congratulations! Thatโ€™s a beautiful color on you 

Thank you @Indy701 โค๏ธ

I want to get in on this Amika action, too! I've tried the amika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo and amika Reset Scalp Cooling Gel Conditioner. I'm a huge fan of the scents! I'm not scent sensitive, so that might be why. The shampoo smells girly and floral and the conditioner smells minty to me. Maybe a little coconut as well? I honestly had a hard time telling at first. I need lessons from @2manyperfumes๐Ÿ˜‰  My hair feels VERY soft and my scalp doesn't feel flaky. I use a lot, a lot, a lot of dry shampoo so I'm sure the flakes are from buildup. I'd probably use this 2x monthly b/c it's very clarifying and I don't want to overdo that. Two thumps up from me! 

@CarolBT Oooooh, I love a minty conditioner - sounds lovely!

@Cyncynn  Iโ€™m with you on the mint!  It sounds fabulous!  

Amika is a very good brand @CarolBT โค๏ธ, because Iโ€™ve coloured, bleached and highlighted my hair and am always changing it I really want to not over fry it.  I use a anti brass shampoo and conditioner from my hair dresser but I do use the gift from Sephora olaplex oil (๐Ÿฅฐ) living proof anti brass mousse and IGK toning drops, their good behaviour spray and for volume when I want it the 30,000 feet IGK texture powder.  I havenโ€™t tried the banana shampoos because of my hair colour.  I agree donโ€™t over use the clarifying shampoos.  Peppermint oil and castor oils are good once in a while to add to your conditioner and leave it on a bit - I just use the oils on my scalp especially in the winter months.  

@2manyperfumes   The banana shampoos are fantasy color friendly.  ;). 

Ooh thank you @heartsmyface โค๏ธ That is good to know.  I was worried about them.

โค๏ธ @2manyperfumes  - I'm a huge fan of Olaplex too!

@CarolBT  Oh wow, that conditioner sounds so nice the way you describe it. 

@CarolBT ooo I love the scents on these as well! The conditioner feels so cooling and refreshing on the scalp

I have been a rouge for 10+ years and have never received anything gratis from Sephora in exchange of a review. Is there a list I have to get on or is it just random selection of folks?

@mybuttercup It has nothing to do with being Rouge. Itโ€™s more on being picked and how active you are on BIC

3 Replies