Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@eshoe  great reviews, thank you so much! I'm eyeing that GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflรฉ Moisture Creamnow

I was planning on buying it before I received the gratis @averylayne, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to open it! I have tried and loved so many different daytime moisturizers, but they have to work as well with my other products as my HG does (the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...). This one does that. The only minor difference I noticed today is that there is just the very slightest tack that remains. Iโ€™ve been wearing it for three weeks and this is the first Iโ€™ve noticed, so that is just how minimal it is.

Hopefully they have it as a promo soon!

@eshoe  good to know! I'm not a huge fan of that tacky feeling either, especially in a daytime moisturizer 

@eshoe, I'm wearing my GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflรฉ Moisture Cream tonight again and I like it!  I can see how it may not work for very dry skin but I have a combo of oily and normal and I put it on over my retinol, which works well.

The skincare Iโ€™ve tried from them seems best for normal/oily skin @curlychiquita I agree. I bought the Watermelon Moisturizer but use it as a serum in the winter. Love that everyone has had a positive experience with it so far!

@curlychiquita @eshoe I still need to try this!! I have just a little left in a ds volition celery, maybe another week

You are extraordinarily patient, @lmaster

Hardly ever lol @eshoe ๐Ÿคฃ

Great reviews! @eshoe I'm really loving theamika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mLand AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioneri know the scent of the conditioner is not everyone's favorite, but I actually like it, and love the cooling sensation it gives! I'm also very much loving the Virtue Strengthening Split End Hair Repair Serum Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, I'm still not convinced the price is justified quite yet

@lmaster  Iโ€™ve been looking at those shampoo and conditioners!! Glad to hear a great review 

@ather the conditioner has a menthol cooling scent and feel, I personally love it

Thatโ€™s good to hear about the Virtue, @lmaster. Im going to focus on that one in the next couple of weeks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Happy Friday BIC! I wanted to jump in and share my thoughts on the amika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mL and AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner since I've been testing both out for about 1.5 months now.

I wash my hair 1-2x/week so have used this pair 3-4 times yet I can already tell a difference and feel like my scalp is in better shape than it was two months ago. To be honest, my scalp has been was dry and itchy so I thought it would only get worse with the "cold" weather we've been experiencing in San Francisco. I also wasn't sure something that's meant to absorb oil would help balance my scalp.

I use a lot of dry shampoo so think that the clarifying shampoo has been helping with product buildup. I see less flakey texture in my hair as well! I haven't been needing as much dry shampoo and feel like I haven't needed to shampoo my hair more than once/week. This is a plus for me because my hair is super dry and I prefer to skip shampoo whenever possible! I am excited to continue using this and definitely recommend to anyone with scalp dryness or oiliness they want absorbed. I feel like my scalp is so much more balanced using this duo!

@KatieBT  Sounds awesome!! 

@KatieBT  That sounds just perfect! I have some trouble with my ends getting dry from too much washing, so I'm tempted to give this a try to see if it will help me decrease how often I use shampoo. 

@PrettyPaint If your ends are dry I would avoid washing them with shampoo if you arenโ€™t doing so already! I only scrub my scalp with this shampoo and smother my ends with the conditioner. I feel like water + any in-shower hair product is all you need to get your hair clean, but thatโ€™s a personal opinion! I know some people feel the need to wash their ends with shampoo. 

Thanks @KatieBT. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I think I need to make a conscious effort next time I shampoo to know for sure what I usually do because it's second nature at this point. I think I usually just kind of massage it into my scalp moving upwards, but I'm wondering if a bit too much shampoo gets on my ends this way. I'll definitely give your suggestions a try! 

Chiming in to say I agree with you, @KatieBT! Not only are my ends dry, but Iโ€™ve also grown it to waist length (who am I trying to be?! Rapunzel? ๐Ÿ˜‚) so those 2 reasons have kept me from shampooing my ends. I find that my ends are less dry this way and I end up having to apply less smoothing/nourishing treatments to the ends as a result

@Guessgal I didnโ€™t know you grew your hair to waist-length! I feel like you must have a lot of great tips to maintaining hair health - I cut my mermaid(ish) long tresses and feel like Iโ€™ll never get back to what I had... Iโ€™m also impatient since itโ€™s only been 4 months ๐Ÿ˜„

Any and all pro tips on how you grow out long and healthy hair are always appreciated by me! 

@KatieBT Sorry for the late reply! I was trying to find where my dry styling oil wandered off to ๐Ÿ˜‰ I keep my super long hair nourished using the Marc Anthony Strengthening Grow Long shampoo + conditioner. I switched to this after my dyed hair faded and my priorities became less about colour-safe products and more about anti-breakage, which I find this duo combats well! Additionally, for the ends I alternate between OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme (this gratis item is still in my regimen, thanks again @TeamBIC ) and Marc Anthony Dry Styling Oil. This oil smells amazing and Iโ€™ve repurchased it many times! These latter two products really help when my ends feel a surge of dryness, probably attributed to the chlorine from swimming weekly. Hope this info is useful to you!!AEDB500B-B184-4DE7-88F9-5C1175493137.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing @Guessgal this is incredibly helpful! And I have never heart of that brand but โ€œgrow longโ€ is a name and goal I can get behind!! 

I have the OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme and definitely need to use it more. My ends need the extra TLC as I have gotten into the habit of using heat tools much more since the holidays. 

testing