Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and I’ve been finding that while it’s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, it’s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products we’ve received after we’ve been using them for a while, especially because it’s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

@faeriegirl I'm so sorry that you don't care for the ysl,, have your tried any of the other black opium scents?

I haven't tried any others @lmaster 

Well, everyone has their own likes @faeriegirl I personally love all the black opium scents they have, you should smell the others!

@faeriegirl I wore the It Cosmetics Humble lipstick today and really liked it!  I need to take a picture.  I think I am the only person that likes jars better than pumps for my moisturizers.  For me it's because I like expensive moisturizers but I'm cheap with them and want to use every last bit of them.  I hate wrestling with the bottom of the products in pump bottles (unless it's an airless pump, where I feel like everything comes out.)

GRATIS UPDATE: HAIR CARE EDITION

Gratis - Hair products.jpg

AMIKA - Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo and AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner

Spoiler

2019 has been a year of hair care for me, in the best way. I had been wanting to pick up a clarifying shampoo when the Amika Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo and Amika Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner arrived. Perfect timing. Thank you @TeamBIC and @loveamika . When I'm good about my hair care, I'll reach for clarifying shampoo once every 1-2 weeks, depending on how much products I've been putting in my hair and how frequently I've been styling it. I've used both these Amika products twice since receiving them as gratis. The texture on these hair care products reminds me of Skintimate shaving products. Where the shampoo has a shaving gel consistency, the conditioner takes on a shaving cream texture. The shampoo has a subtle, toned down version of the
signature Amika scent. The conditioner, on the other hand, well, I initially thought "minty...but not in the best way." @Shosh85  said it best (and way more eloquently than I did) when she reviewed it and likened the fragrance to a menthol/eucalyptus scent. The scent on both fade away but where I hope the fragrance from the shampoo lingered longer (I have an Amika room spray because I really like the brand's signature scent), I can hardly wait for the scent on the conditioner to disappear. 

In terms of results, both yield good ones. The Amika Reset shampoo leaves my head, scalp and hair feeling light, soft, airy and clean. It does what it sets out to do - clear head and scalp of build up so that your other products perform better. I get compliments every time I use this - from people I might expect to notice these things and others that I would never think knew anything about my hair other than perhaps the color. Two of my coworkers remarked on different occasions after I used the shampoo that my hair "looked really good" with one sharing that it looked like I had gotten a blow out. And, note to self ... "Self, put this on your loves list now."

The Amika Reset conditioner has also been working quite well for me, scent aside. I have thin hair, and lots of it. It can be easily weighed down since it's so thin and that is not a good look on me. Not so with this conditioner. I apply it from the middle of my hair to the ends; it detangles nicely and leaves my hair soft, silky and smooth. I sometimes need to use leave-in conditioner because my hair can get ratty, tangled, etc. and feel stringy over the course of the day - I have no idea why since I don't do anything with or to it. I didn't experience any of that with this conditioner. My hair stayed silky smooth and soft throughout the day. I'm on the fence about whether to purchase another can on this after I've gone through this one, mainly due to the scent. I still have a lot of product left, so we'll wait and see what I decide to do.

VIRTUE LABS - The Perfect Ending Split End Serum

Spoiler
I haven't been using styling tools for a while so my ends are pretty healthy so I didn't think the Virtue Labs The Perfect Ending Split End Serum would do anything for my ends. I decided to use it as a hair serum / leave-in product, applying it from the middle of my hair to the ends and it seems to do a nice job of keeping my tresses shiny and smooth. One of my resolutions for 2020 is to style my hair more, which means the effectiveness of this serum may be put to a better test once my hair has been subject to more heat styling products and more damage as a result. That being the case, I'll plan to check back in with a further update in late next month on how well the serum performs.    

@itsfi  Do I see a summer Friday mask there?? 

Yes you do @ather! πŸ˜ƒ It’s the SUMMER FRIDAYS - R + R Mask - have you tried this one? I like that it’s a twofer - exfoliates and hydrates. πŸ’• The light rose scent to it is something I really enjoy as well. 🌹 

@itsfi  No I haven’t tried it yet! Maybe I should pick one up!!

@ather, this one is my favorite of the Summer Friday masks. I find the exfoliation to be gentle; the highlight for me about the mask is how hydrated and nourished my skin feels after rinsing off the mask. πŸ’–

Love your #shelfie photo! <333

Thank you @PenelopeBT! πŸ€—

Hi, friends! I wanted to update on the hair products from my last two gratis packages:

BRIOGEO - Don't Despair, Repair!β„’ Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask

- A favorite!  I've purchased the regular version before and like this version even better.

AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner

-  Nice.  I have very thick hair.  It  claims it doesn't wear hair down and it doesn't.  I can use a little weighing down, though.  This is nice and I'll certainly finish it.  I have a friend with thin hair who would love it.

VIRTUE LABS - The Perfect Ending Split End Serum

- I used it all over, not just on my ends.  I like it but I like my VIRTUE LABS - Recovery Conditioner more.  For a leave in, I like my KΓ©RASTASE - Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum (which I use as a leave in).

GOOD DYE YOUNG - Prime Color Kind Hair Primer

- Not good but not bad.  There's a flaw in the black paper packaging.  If my hands are wet when I spray it on wet hair, the black ink of the label comes off on my hands.  You can see it on the packaging in the 2nd picture.  I don't want ink on my hands while trying to style my hair.  I've used it three times and I'm not going to use it again.

Thanks, Sephora!

20191228_132702.jpg

20191228_132713.jpg

Good reminder about the Kerastase @curlychiquita! πŸ’— I need to put that somewhere within eye sight. 

I went ahead and used AMIKA - Reset Clarifying Gel Shampooand AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditionerway ahead of when I thought I would. I do love the scent on these products. I'll also note the conditioner had more of a foam consistentcy the first time I used it, this time it was more of a gel that expands a bit after dispensing. I still enjoy both of these products, and my hair was not dry feeling at all! Also continually usingVIRTUE LABS - The Perfect Ending Split End Serumit does a nice job on repairing my ends, would I repurchase at 40$? No not for the amount of product that comes in that bottle. Maybe more like $28 range imo 

What I thought would be a never-ending search for a red lipstick that suited me (i.e., didn't turn fuschia on me) has come to an end, thanks to @TeamBIC and GUCCI - Rouge Γ  LΓ¨vres Satin Lipstick - 25 Goldie Red. The art deco - like design on the packaging is absolutely beautiful, the satiny cream formulation goes on oh-so-smoothly and wears comfortably, and the color, well, it's just stunning! I've been giddy with how well is looks, feels and wears. Thank you TeamBIC and Gucci to introducing me to my red. Smiley Happy 

Gratis - Gucci lipstick.jpg

@itsfi  Beautiful picture!!

Thank you @ather! πŸ€— Taking pics for posts here has turned into a bit of a creative outlet for me. πŸ’–

What a great pic @itsfi! Glad you found a red that works for you! Smiley Happy

Thank you @veronika23! πŸ€— It was a very kind and generous gratis. β™₯️ I wouldn’t have tried this red but for that. After trying this one, I’m sure I’ll be looking into the other colors and formulations when they hit the stores. 

@itsfi I completely agree with you!! This is the most beautiful color, and it applies with perfection,, love the formula

@lmaster I’ve seen your pics with this red and it looks amazing on you! ❀️