Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Awww thanks @Loretta55 ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž

@lmaster - You look great in this red lipstick!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

thank you lovely beauty! @Titan06 ๐Ÿ’ž

thank you lovely beauty! @Titan06 ๐Ÿ’ž

Oh I just tried the Gucci tonight as well, @lmaster. I layered it over balm because I am not a comfortable-in-red person and it gave me a nice brighter than flush look. Very wearable and considering the gorgeous packaging I will see if there is another to pick up (is it LE???).

@eshoe I'm already eyeing the other shades! Doesn't appear to be LE ๐Ÿ‘โ™ฅ๏ธ

Me too, @lmaster. Me too.

Congrats on getting this gratis @lmaster and wooooooow! Love how that gucci looks on you, it's super flattering.

Thank you @CC3616 so kind of you ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’“

@lmaster, you're one smokin' hot mama! ๐Ÿ”ฅ That Goldie Red looks beautiful on you! 

@Shosh85 you are totally making me blush ๐Ÿ˜Š thank you sweetness ๐Ÿ’‹

I'm happy to hear you like the primer, @lmaster.  The Gucci color is so pretty!

@curlychiquita thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I didn't think I could love a red, but this is amazing

This is definitely one for the faint of heart @lmaster โค๏ธ 

๐Ÿ˜† @eshoe you sweetie!! ๐Ÿ’‹

@lmaster   Congratulations and you look great. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Ispend2much6 thank you so much ๐Ÿ’—

I've had trouble posting lately, so this is a bit late, but I was one of those lucky ones that received this amazing gratis! A big thank you to @BrendaBT and @TeamBIC for sending out this generous gift and another big thank you to all the participating brands!D6C1F479-041C-40A8-8855-E99E64A296CA.jpeg

E584E0F9-78E6-4A7B-A8E4-B691E00868BB.jpeg

I'm just gonna start of with my first impression of the things I've tried so far, starting with the amika Reset Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mL and AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner I've only used the pair once, but so far so good! The shampoo smells like the classic Amika scent and the conditioner smells more like menthol/eucalyptus. I love how the conditioner feels - so cooling and refreshing. My hair felt soft and silky after using them.

I think I might be the only one who doesn't absolutely love the smell of the GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflรฉ Moisture Cream- I do smell the artificial banana scent, but it smelled a little off to me, like there was also a hint of something chemical, maybe alcohol-ish. Not bad, just didn't smell strictly like artificial banana, in my opinion. I do love the light, creamy/gel like consistency and it does seem to hydrate/moisturize well.

I agree with everyone about the scent of the SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer Serum, definitely not delightful, but it doesn't seem to stick around long. It has a nice light and sort of runny consistency, absorbs well, but also has a slight tackiness to it. I tried it as a primer as well, and I'm not sure yet how well the makeup sticks to it, but it doesn't have any negative effects when makeup is applied on top, so that's promising. I'll have to try it out a couple more times to judge it's staying power better.

@Shosh85 Congratulations on receiving this gratis too. 

Thanks a bunch, @SportyGirly125! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Congrats on receiving this round of gratis, @Shosh85! Can't wait to see more reviews!

Thank you so much, @quspork! Excited to try everything! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing