Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@SportyGirly125  Thanks a bunch!! The highlighters are gorgeous and the eye mask is really nice to try!โ˜บ๏ธ

@yankeefaithful congrats! Can't wait to hear how they work for you!

@makeitup305  Thanks so much and have had a chance to try 2 of them. I've posted (having problems getting to post) an update!!๐Ÿ˜Š

RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

How does take part or contribute to being apart of the gratis community?

Re: RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@Desii190  The more active you are by posting in the conversation threads, leaving product reviews, and posting looks in the gallery it increases your chances of receiving a gratis package. 

Can someone tell me how you receive gratis? Thanks

@nyfashionista  The more active you are in the community by posting in conversations, leaving product reviews, and posting looks in the gallery it increases your chances of receiving a gratis package.

RE: Re: RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thanks girl

Thank you so much, Sephora! I love my gratis box. I am including a couple of photos of the box and some searches of the two highlighters. My apologies for the photos, itโ€™s dark everywhere due to the storm. When I was looking at the Benefit highlighters during the sale, I thought I would like the cookie one over the tickle one. But, surprisingly on my skin tone, the tickle one looks more natural. I included a photo of just the swatch and one with it blended in. I will post a photo later with both of them on my cheeks.

Cookie & Tickle look great on you!

xo,

Benefit

Congrats on the gratis @MadhuV !  I bet the tickle is going to look amazing on you!

Congrats @MadhuV. Gorgeous swatches. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats @MadhuV !

The highlighters are beautiful,  @MadhuV!

Congratulations on receiving this Gratis from Sephora, @MadhuV !

Thanks for the swatches!

Congratulations @MadhuV! You got fun box of goodies there. I have both highlighters on my wishlist ๐Ÿ˜‚. Enjoy!

Congratulations @MadhuV! Those highlighters are gorgeous!

๐Ÿ˜ฎ @MadhuV You just sold me on BOTH those highlighters! Iโ€™ve been eyeing them and Iโ€™ve been sooo good with only buying things I need. But man they are beautiful! When blended out they donโ€™t have a powdery look at all!!! 

Congrats on the gratis and thank you for posting!! 

oh that's so pretty on you!! @MadhuV enjoy your excellent...

oh that's so pretty on you!! @MadhuV enjoy your excellent gratis!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Update on gratis: Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mL

I've used this for 3 months. In the beginning, I would get an occasional flake but generally no worries about flakes or smudges. I've rotated between a couple mascaras and anytime I wear something else and then this, I can really appreciate the volume it gives.

The mascara and workouts can be a bit of a battle. Mascara vs. normal sweaty Erica means the mascara holds up. Mascara vs. super sweaty Erica means if I touch my eyes it will come off some but doesn't get crazy like raccoon eyes. Mascara vs. super sweaty + wearing sunglasses Erica means the mascara rubs off on the sunglasses and gets on my face. I guess having semi-long lashes isn't always a good thing.

The wand is unwieldy. Yet even with small wands I can make a mess especially with the lower lashes. My mascara philosophy is put it on then do some touch-ups with a q-tip. But if you don't want to clean up, the wand might be a bit overbearing.

4 out of 5 stars. I don't know if I would buy a full size. I currently have a stash of minis to use and don't need to buy any mascara. But if this was part of a Sephora lash stash in the future when I did need a mascara restock, I'd be more than happy to use it again.

Great review @ShortErica I stopped using Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mL

about a month in. It didnโ€™t hold up for me during my normal daily commute (I do about 22 000 steps) and when Iโ€™d take my sunglasses off to meet with my next client Iโ€™d find myself running to a mirror first to make sure to wipe away flakes. 

It was also rather clumpy and not in a way I could fix. It just comes down to personal preference. 

I do work in a more creative field where I can get away with heavy make up however I tend to let my hair do the talking and make up take a back seat. 

I wouldnโ€™t purchase but am thankful for being able to try it. 

10 Replies
testing