Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Foil and Feedback thread!

Ever really loved a foil and wanted to scream your love from the rooftops?  Yes!?!

Ever really got on the hype train from a sample, but forgot who asked you for feedback?  Maybe?  Just want to rave about a sample you finally opened? Yes!

Post your experiences with your samples... Whether you actually scored all the ones you requested, or upgraded from foil to full sized.

Also, peruse other threads related to foils:

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018 

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019 

TRAVELING SEPHORA BOX 

Tags:

Re: The Foil and Feedback thread!

I've been hitting the samples lately.

PXL_20220517_030219027.jpg

I really loooovee the serum.  It's a nice light weight gel, the first time I used it, definitely clear up some redness from some breakouts.  My skin looked smoother, too.

The cream, the foil didn't really have much vs serum (I got 4-5 uses of the serum), so I don't feel like I really got an idea of it.  Nice texture, you could apply the two together.

PMG: I've sampled before in store, with 19, but 17 worked okay.  Didn't really love the coverage, but the finish is a beautiful satin.  It's a very watery foundation, and the packet didn't have enough to build up where I wanted.

I used Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer after a day in the sun and the pool, and I really enjoyed how it made my skin feel even after a more drying than normal day. All that sweat, wind, and chemicals can feel pretty harsh! I am not in the market for a new night cream at the moment, but I’ll give this a look when I am. I think it would be too heavy for day, nice and hydrating and replenishing for night. 

@alexasteph especially during the winter I can actually get away with using it during the day and it wears fine with my makeup (but my skin gets super-dry in the winter so YMMV).

@alexasteph , I like the sample I tried too, but I heard it's been reformulated recently 😞

@danielledanielle How often are things actually ever reformulated for the better!? Well, it’ll be some time before I need a new night cream, but I needed a small package to take with me overnight and I had that! 

Vegamour GRO WELL Hair Boost Supplement Powder + Probiotic 30 stick packs 

I got the 100 pt reward, and it's worthwhile.  It's 8 sticks, with two of each flavor.  They mix easily with cold water and taste pretty good.  There's a mild chalky aftertaste, but not a deal breaker for me; I was anticipating a more bitter/chalky taste.

@danielledanielle What sort of changes/improvements have you seen in your hair? 

None yet, I just started it yesterday.  I don't expect to see a change, usually with a probiotic, you would need more time.  I figured taste wise, if they were okay, I'd be willing to try them in the long run @alexasteph

A couple of foils I’ve tried recently -

First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Niacinamide Brightening Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - I have enjoyed this for daytime brightening. There is another brightening eye cream I will try next, but I like this well enough to consider it. Currently, I use FAB’s retinol eye cream and really love it a ton, but I’d like to transition that to a night cream and find something else for day. 

LANEIGE Lip Treatment Balm 0.35 oz/ 10g - I’m still running into some dry and uncomfortable lips for some reason… and so far I like to feeling for this. The smell of coconut is nice too, but I may just return to their original sleeping mask instead. 

ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Formosa ST4 - Very happy with being able to try this from the recent Sephora Favorites foundation bundle. I’ll give a few other ones from the set a try just cause that is sort of the point, but I have been interested in this for a while and really love it so far. 99% sure I will use the $10 coupon for a full bottle of this - even though I think it can be used for any foundation. It’s performed for me very nicely. 

@alexasteph,  great feedback,  I grabbed the  foundation samples myself, and was curious about the Ilia.

@danielledanielle I hope you enjoy it! I’ll likely order it by the end of this week. 

I've been obsessed with Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 05N Radiant Tan , I got it as a sample a few times and each foil gave me 3-4 uses.  It's got a nice emollient feel for a skin tint, with SPF to boot.  I may have to get a FS, I'm down to my last foil!

I was inspired to organize all of my foils to start the New Year more organized!

20220103_132140.jpg

@Mellmars1185 good job!!

Thank you! @lmaster 

I realized that I need to add my latest find. I received a sample of Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 1... . My skin is plump and glowing after using this. The packet lasted my 3 applications and I immediately ordered the full sized version. I was not looking for an overnight mask but this product really convinced me.

@Loretta55 this is one of my favorite masks!!

Tried the perfume sample BURBERRY Her Eau de Parfum and instantly bought the set with the travel spray!!! It does remind me of the PATRICK TA Mini Major Glow Body Oil or the BBW scent under the stars I think it's the name,  I love it!!

September foils:

EF4D67B7-4BB2-40CD-81E8-9A61F62CF11B.jpeg

Spoiler
A few new loves here, including the Topicals Like Butter Mask for Dry, Sensitive & Eczema-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL and the Edible Beauty Purifying Mask.
LANEIGE Water Bank Hydro Gel 1.6 oz/ 50 mL is a repeat and it works well for my normal-right-now skin. The AERIN Rose De Grasse Eau de Parfum has a fresh rose scent; it is very springy. Everything else was ok. My foundation pilled over the Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Grape Water Gel Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL, but other than that, it was ok. The Darphin Intralskin Eye Cream is rich and absorbs somewhat easily, making it best for evening.

@ather this is my start to the 30 by the end of the year challenge 🙂 18 (I did not count the JM Lavender and Silver Birch as it was just a peel back foil).

Love this thread so much @danielledanielle😊 

Technically not "foils" but recently I've been trying out perfume samples I had stashed away: Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk and Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Coffee Break Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. I'm liking both! Does anyone have any other Maison Margiela fragrances they love and would recommend? 

65 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 353 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos6
  • PXL_20210710_205553546.jpg
  • PXL_20210710_205514936.MP.jpg
  • IMG_20210730_201721214.jpg
  • EF4D67B7-4BB2-40CD-81E8-9A61F62CF11B.jpeg
  • 20220103_132140.jpg
  • PXL_20220517_030219027.jpg