Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Foil and Feedback thread!

Ever really loved a foil and wanted to scream your love from the rooftops?  Yes!?!

Ever really got on the hype train from a sample, but forgot who asked you for feedback?  Maybe?  Just want to rave about a sample you finally opened? Yes!

Post your experiences with your samples... Whether you actually scored all the ones you requested, or upgraded from foil to full sized.

Also, peruse other threads related to foils:

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018 

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019 

TRAVELING SEPHORA BOX 

Tags:

Re: The Foil and Feedback thread!

@GeorginaBT Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL is phenomenal!!! Great scent for fall/winter

Heh @GeorginaBT , samples and even deluxe sizes are welcome!  (I just like the alliteration of feedback and foil.)

From the same line, I like Maison Margiela REPLICA' Mini Spray Set - Jazz Club, Whispers In The Library, By The Fireplace .  Fireplace is, smoky, then it turns into a nice lighter scent. I love each one.

Knew I could count on you @danielledanielle @lmaster 🤗 Thanks for the recs! Fireplace does sound like a warm and cozy scent. Will have to give it a whiff during my next store visit! 

Guerlain L'Or 24K Gold Radiance Primer 

Tried this a few weeks back, did not care for it.  It's pretty to look at, but pretty watery in its consistency.  Also tried it with a Givenchy foundation sample, neither one wowed me.

I LOVE this thread , @danielledanielle!! 

I had a number of foils of the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL but I had been waiting to try until I finished a serum with surprise AHAs (my nemesis). I hate the smell on these, it's like marine? Plus my skin was iffy so I just gave up on using more AHAs on my face. After using one foil on my face, I've started using the rest on my partner's back and that's a much better use. 

No one likes a nemesis, let alone a surprise nemesis @haleyvvvv 

And, clever usage of the foils for your partner's back 

I think that I just found my HG foundation thanks to a deluxe sample from a recent order. I received Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Longwear Foundation in   3 Cool. It really gives me good coverage and the match is perfect. Once I get through my foundations I will definitely be placing an order.

IMG_20210730_201721214.jpg

All the curly hair beauties!!! This product is fabulous!!! It defines beautifully and eliminates frizz ♥️

@lmaster thank you for this! I need to define my naturally wavy hair, and have yet to start the journey. This will be on my list.

@eshoe I get so excited when I find a product that goes above and beyond my expectations!! 

Thank you very much for the recommendation @lmaster

No problem!! @Loretta55 I'm so glad I received two of these samples 😆

I am surprisingly impressed with the Wishful Mini Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 1.35 oz/ 40 mL that was included in the Sephora Favorites POP – Beauty Zone I thought it would be harsh and drying, but it's definitely not! Gentle yet powerful, and smells fabulous,, I will purchase a FS. 

Another product I'm impressed with from the same Sephora pop box is the HUDA BEAUTY Silk Balm Hydrating and Nourishing Lip Balm Blush it really does feel like silk, and it's hydrating and lasts much longer than other similar products

@lmaster  I actually got a bunch of foils of Wishful Yo Glow Facial Enzyme Scrub and loved it too!

I'll admit I was leery @ather and completely proved myself wrong 😆

@lmaster  I was nervous to try it too. But total love. 

I applied some at 5 pm it's now 830 and I'm still feeling moisturized lips @danielledanielle 

@danielledanielle Great idea for a thread! I pretty much never use foils except I received one for Farmacy Honeymoon Glow from @eshoe  since she had an extra. Love that product. I’m on my 2nd bottle.

@sprocketta  Yes!!!! Love that one too!!!

@ather I really loved it but my skin just won’t tolerate it anymore

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 353 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos6
  • PXL_20210710_205553546.jpg
  • PXL_20210710_205514936.MP.jpg
  • IMG_20210730_201721214.jpg
  • EF4D67B7-4BB2-40CD-81E8-9A61F62CF11B.jpeg