Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Foil and Feedback thread!

Ever really loved a foil and wanted to scream your love from the rooftops?  Yes!?!

Ever really got on the hype train from a sample, but forgot who asked you for feedback?  Maybe?  Just want to rave about a sample you finally opened? Yes!

Post your experiences with your samples... Whether you actually scored all the ones you requested, or upgraded from foil to full sized.

Also, peruse other threads related to foils:

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018 

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019 

TRAVELING SEPHORA BOX 

Tags:

Re: The Foil and Feedback thread!

@sprocketta  Oh no. That’s to bad

@sprocketta are you talking about the Farmacy HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids 1 oz/ 30 mL or Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Body 12% AHA/BHA Bump-Smoothing Night Serum 4.7 oz / 140 mL 

@lmaster the night serum

@sprocketta my skin hated that stuff, I couldn't stand the scent and every single time I used it, I had a burning sensation,, and I use acids frequently,, no other product would do that to my skin

@lmaster I used an entire bottle without issue and then suddenly it just made my face start burning and not like a tingle like I first had with it. I was sad to see it happen as it made a huge difference in my skin.

That looks like a great product @sprocketta! How long did it take you to go through the first bottle ?

Oh geez @danielledanielle I am really not sure. Maybe 3 months? But I use it daily. It does wonders for my skin.

Three months sounds about how long it takes me to go through a bottle of serum too, @sprocketta. When I focus on one at a time, that is.  

Love your idea for a new thread, @danielledanielle! It’s always interesting to hear feedback on the samples:)

Me, too @eshoe !  I'm always excited when a foil I tried exceeds expectations.  But, half the time I can't find the original post, so I am hoping this makes it easier.

Me too, @danielledanielle! Now to comb through the past six months worth of foils 😄 

@danielledanielle such a great thread! 

@lmaster, yay!  Can't wait to see what you contribute!

The sample that I received with a recent order is Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Grace @danielledanielle . I use the applicator and apply 3 dots on my cheeks on they blend beautifully. At some point I will purchase. 

@Loretta55 I got the same sample and the first couple of times I used it I wasn't sold on it but then I found myself reaching for it...and reaching for it...and I finally had to pull out the stopper and now I'm scraping the tube.  I wish that it was offered in a mini!

I think @itsfi asked about the Gucci sample I had.  Finally tried it this weekend.

It has a fragrance I don't love.  And I had to cocktail two of the shades to get a working color.  BUT, once I got past that, it's really easy on application, I was all fingers and no brush.   It looked really nice, just a natural glow to it.  It did separate a little around my nose, but I feel like if I set this foundation with powder it would still happen, just not as noticeable.

PXL_20210710_205553546.jpg

PXL_20210710_205514936.MP.jpg

@danielledanielle I actually purchased this foundation after watching a video with Jackie Aina.  I normally use matte foundation and this one was a perfect change.  I purchased a shade that was a little too dark but made it work. Its a nice change from my more matte formulas and worked beautifully on my combination skin. 

@danielledanielle, thank you for the tag. I ended up purchasing the foundation a few weeks ago; haven't had a chance to use it yet so I'll keep your feedback in mind. A natural glow is perfect. 

@itsfi, I really like it.  If I wasn't already working through a few foundations, I'd probably buy it.

Love to know your take when you try it

"If I wasn't already working through a few foundations..." Yeah, I hear that @danielledanielle😂 I think the Gucci foundation will work better with my skin in the late summer and fall months so I should hopefully have made my way through some of my other foundations/BB/CC creams by then. 

@itsfi , trust me, I sat with this decision.  At the end I couldn't justify this one..🤣

Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 353 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos6
  • PXL_20210710_205553546.jpg
  • PXL_20210710_205514936.MP.jpg
  • IMG_20210730_201721214.jpg
  • EF4D67B7-4BB2-40CD-81E8-9A61F62CF11B.jpeg
  • 20220103_132140.jpg
  • PXL_20220517_030219027.jpg
testing