Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Cruelty-Free thread: dupes, discussion & news!

Re: The Cruelty-Free thread: dupes, discussion & news!

Are Morphe brushes cruelty free? I read an article that Morphe is cruelty free, but what about their brushes? Like are goat hair or sable hair brushes cruelty free?

Anybody know?

Animal hair brushes can never be cruelty free, IMO and in most consensus.  The animals are killed for their hair.

Love this thread. Thanks to everyone's contributions. I am so happy to see such a large force dedicated to cruelty free beauty. I transitioned over a year ago and there has never been a moment where I looked back. In my experience, there hasn't been anything that could not be replaced with a cruelty free product. There is nothing that compares to the knowledge that no animal was harmed in the making of your products ❤️ 

Here are some other cruelty-free brands at Sephora:

• PETA-certified, or considered to be cruelty-free by PETA:

Axiology (also vegan)

DevaCurl

Dr Roebuck's

DERMAdoctor

Formula X

IT cosmetics

Kora Organics

Murad

Ren (owned by Unilever)

Supergoop

Volition Beauty

Colourpop

amika

• Leaping Bunny certified:

Antonym

• more from Logical Harmony:

Wander beauty

Moroccanoil

Moon Juice

• Verified by cruelty-free kitty:

Youth to the People

Kate Somerville (owned by unilever)

Milk Makeup

Ouai

here are some brands I remember seeing chatter about being cruelty-free, but can't find verification on any of the above 4 lists. Anyone have any more info?

Fenty

Glow Recipe

Makeup eraser

Thanks!!  Updated 🙂

I just looked into Fenty and they are owned by Kendo, which is a PETA-certified company. Kendo also owns Marc Jacobs beauty, Kat Von D, Olehenriksen, and Bite. That seems to me that they would be cruelty-free as well, but they might be too new to shop up on any of the major cf website's lists.

This is an amazing post!

CLEAN fragrances are also animal cruelty-free 🙂 I love them!! 

Thank you!  Can't believe I missed them, they really try to make their brand eco-friendly

@Madeline7 I apologize it's taken me so long to post in here but I want to thank you for starting this thread and listing all the cruelty free brands. I'm super excited to make the transition to CF! 

Yay!  Honestly the change is so worth it 😃  So many brands are cruelty free these days!

Does anybody have a CF/Vegan dupe to the Stila Converible Color Lip & Cheek Palette? I took the No-Makeup Makeup class and she used this CF brand on me, but when I wanted to buy it I read the ingredients included lanolin. I don't know if Sephora even has a cream blush that is vegan! Everything she showed me had lanolin or beeswax. Thanks. 

Hm thats a tough one...but I'll keep an eye out!

Anonymous Insider

Love seeing this kind of post! I'm excited to see so many available!!!

Madeline7 wrote:

Starting a thread for discussing news, new releases, and dupe requests related to cruelty-free cosmetics!

Cruelty-free generally refers to companies that do not test on animals, but the definition can be expanded to take on a variety of ethical issues, such as fair trade & ethical labor practices during production or sourcing of materials (such as Mica).  Its difficult (maybe impossible) to be a perfectly ethical consumer, but this thread is meant to support those trying to do more!  🙂

Helpful resources for information about animal testing in cosmetics & cruelty-free brand lists:

* LogicalHarmony

* LeapingBunny

* CrueltyFreeKitty

* ethicalconsumer(dot)org has a large collection about information related to ethics surrounding material sourcing & production

Partial list of brands sold at Sephora that do not test on animals (source: Logical Harmony):

Here's some floofy buns for stopping by:

upload_2440669856642407966.gif

❤️

Don't forget that there are some brands that are sold in the US that don't test on animals but they do sell in China which requires that products are tested on animals-  So we need to be vigilant about that as well.

Excited to see more brands then I expected !!

I'd also add Lilah B. to the list! I don't hear many people talk about this brand, but their bronzer duo is on of my HG products. 

Thanks, added!

Also, VERB, the Austin TX-based haircare company should be added to this list.

Added!  Thanks!

Love all this, def a few I didn't know about! Going to check them out. Thank you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 6.15.59 PM.png
testing