Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Cruelty-Free thread: dupes, discussion & news!

Re: The Cruelty-Free thread: dupes, discussion & news!

Hey @Madeline7! Your thread was stuck in the migration but it's back 🙂 

PM me if you want this conversation to live in another group. 

Thanks!  Its probably ok to keep this one 

Thank you so much for starting this thread! I'm very depressed about NARS and Benefit selling in China! I spend about $10k a year on makeup, so I can afford to be selective. 

I hope it's ok I post this here... The Body Shop has a petition going to ban animal testing worldwide. Their goal: They want to get 8 million signatures to present the UN General Assembly in 2018. "We, the undersigned, are calling on the United Nations to adopt an international convention that will end animal testing for cosmetics products and ingredients everywhere and forever."

Can't post links but it's on their main page for those who want to sign. I truly believe that collectively our voices can be heard and can make a difference.

@veronika23 Thank you so much for sharing!  Hopefully it gets the attention needed. There is no reason to test on animals especially for the sake of beauty. Companies could share past results so they know what is bad vs good. 

I love this thread. Warms my heart to see so many care about this issue. 

@Indy701I would very much like to see that become a reality. You know I truly believe in: if enough voices are heard, change can happen. I've seen it with Greenpeace. So when people say they don't think their name/signature/voice matters, it does! 🙂

Thank you for posting this!!!  That is the shame of it all is even though it's obvious that the majority of consumers will still purchase products tested on animals, most of them would prefer the companies not do it.  If people would just band together and not buy tested products for as little as 6 months, the industry would change, immediately.  

So on that note, I commend all of you for having the backbone to follow through on what's important to you because most people are just followers and never do it.  Nothing changes if you follow.. (ask Rosa Parks, ya know!) 

Ok, getting off soap box..  I just can't help it because it warms my heart to see how many people who are here looking to make better buying decisions.. I'm impressed and it gives me hope!!

@veronika23 thanks for sharing, I'd be happy to sign it. I hope they succeed in their goal.

@Ascheme too! Thx! 🙂

Madeline, 

some more names for your list

Ilia Beauty 

Farmacy

Herbivore

THX

Added!

Dupes for Benefit Boi-ing Brightening concealer (formerly known as Erase Paste) and Roller Lash mascara?

Also, what about the brand Boscia?

I just saw that Phyrra highly recommends Kat von D lock it concealer.  I'll check it out as well.

KVD's concealer creme is my all time fave!! Highly recommended. 

Thanks Asche, I'll check it out today.

Tarte Shape Tape is phenomenal, but just like their stick, it's bothering my eyes too.  ARGH!!  I have extremely sensitive eyes and think this would work wonderfully for most people  

THX for recommendation.  I wanted to support Kat Von D for her stance about Nars anyway, so I"m happy to try something else of hers.  I love her liquid liner.

Gotta love KVD for calling out Nars. 😄 I definitely admire her love/devotion to animals. Fortunately she's also got a lot of amazing products in her line. 

I could just kiss you, Asche!!  I'm the proud owner of KVD concealer and it's the BEST!  It's not just as good as NARS, but I like it even more!  For me, it's a cross between RCC and their soft matte concealer.  Yay!  I hope it wears well, but if nothing else, it's a pleasure to use and the coverage is spectacular. 

Some positive news..  I commented to the saleswoman why I was buying the new concealer (I make a point to bring up the issue so people know why which brands are selling) and she said they've already seen a big slow down on NARS purchases and there has been a lot of push back.  I also heard something similar at Nordstrom's and Blue Mercury last week.  I'm sure it won't change their decision, but it's exciting that more people are starting to care.  Many other companies have done this and only the die hards noticed. 

So, I don't know what the texture of boo-ing is like, but I see it's high coverage.  On a recommendation from this thread, I went to Utla to try Tarte's Shape Tape.. and OMG, it's no joke.  It's pretty much identical to NARS matte concealer in the pot.  So perhaps it would be worth it for you to check that one out.  

Sorry, Boscia is in China and therefore not CF

I'll google about benefit to see if I could recommend a dupe, just because I've been on the concealer hunt this week. 

Aww man, I guess I'll also need dupes for both the Boscia charcoal and Tsubaki cleansers.

I just googled for you.  While I don't know anything about charcoal cleansers, I see Yes to Carrots has one.  Maybe it's worth taking a look.

I see that Tsubaki is an oil cleanser.  There are quite a few of those, so I'm sure you'll find one.   (Tacha, Tata, etc..)

FWIW, I recently got a sample of the Farmacy balm cleanser and thought it was really good.  

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 6.15.59 PM.png
testing