Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

THE THROWBACK THREAD!!!

I've been thinking about the "good old days" a lot lately and having a lot of flashbacks of things I used to love or find funny. So I thought I'd start a thread to share our favs from the past whenever the moment hits. Anything and everything welcomed!

6057-24846-1.jpg

Re: THE THROWBACK THREAD!!!

Caboodle-Open.jpgLoved my Caboodles!! All my hair and makeup were neatly stored in one of these babies. 

@Andrea19 Me too! I had this glittery purple one that I used for years and years (back when my entire stash could fit inside!)

Throwing the teacher card, but I thought I would bring back some memories for a bunch of you. Yesterday began the annual "National Geographic Bee" in all of my social studies classes.

(FYI - The bee began in 1989 and is conducted in grades 4-8 in schools throughout the United States, U.S. territories, and the Department of Defense base based schools.)

I'm sure many of you can think back with glee (just kidding) to your days participating in the bee! (and no.. this is the GEOGRAPHY bee, not the spelling bee)

NationalGeographicBeeOfficialLogo

bee.gif

Wait, it /began/ in 1989? Hang on, I need to engage in some willful denial 😂👵

I hope this is true because I'm so ready for it!

scrun.JPG

I've been seeing a lot of the past year @ZombieMetroAnt!  I even bought some cute iridescent ones Smiley Very Happy

@ZombieMetroAnt All I have worn for the past several years have been scrunchies! The tight elastic bands are so bad for hair, and my hair is already super fine and fragile so I can't afford to damage it, and so scrunchies are perfect!

Cool! I am ready to bust into these @ZombieMetroAnt!! 

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

BFD3D505-0F65-4281-9618-70CFBD6FA0D5.jpeg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I knew how to ROCK a scrunchie back in the day and truthfully nothing holds my hair as well as those suckers did. 

GetImage

But are y'all going to buy the $195 Balenciaga scrunchie?

1D6BC8EC-30D4-447B-9942-8E9BF69383A2.jpeg

if it comes with someone to brush my hair totally

@txcatx with that price, it better be a scrunchie-themed tutu 

Wait, did scrunchies go out of style?deb.jpg

Oh wow. I was never out without a black velvet scrunchie. Even kept an extra on the gearshift in my car, ya know, just in case there was a hair emergency while out and about. Man, those were the days!

this would be awesome! i've been looking for some but i'm apparently cheap because they all seem so expensive! hopefully this will lower the price!

OMG - I hope this is true lol - for all the new "most comfy" hair ties was anything really more comfy than a scrunchy haha - there's tons of pictures of me with my sisters with our hair half up half down with that scrunch right on top of our heads lol 

i still wear my hair like that Smiley Tongue

RE: THE THROWBACK THREAD!!!

My Little Pony 35th anniversary collex? The way ponies were meant to be!

Re: RE: THE THROWBACK THREAD!!!

hahaha I kinda want one @shimmerbait! Maybe I'll grab blue belle if I see it! Smiley Very Happy

Re: RE: THE THROWBACK THREAD!!!

i still have 1 from when i was a kid! even though my daughter is nowhere near ready to play i kinda want to grab some for her!

1,230 Replies