Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

THE THROWBACK THREAD!!!

I've been thinking about the "good old days" a lot lately and having a lot of flashbacks of things I used to love or find funny. So I thought I'd start a thread to share our favs from the past whenever the moment hits. Anything and everything welcomed!

6057-24846-1.jpg

Re: The Throwback Thread!!!

@Tamara76I recently saw the old movie "I Married a Witch" with Veronica Lake, the original wife as witch that Bewitched was patterned after. It was such a cute movie, I loved the ending!

@prettyinpa,

I remember that movie, too!  I'd love to see that again!

I also grew up with Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie! Smiley Happy

@prettyinpa I love that movie! I just saw it again recently. It's so cute!

@prettyinpaI will have to see if I can find that one! Smiley Happy

Me and my friends used to do a conference call every week and all watch The Simple Life at the same time... Paris was our fashion icon... pretty funny looking back at that now!paris-hilton-thats hot-shirt.jpg

Oh ya!!! 'that's hot' hahaha

You also can't see it in this photo but she is wearing a denim mini skit and pink uggs... a classic.

@veronika23 is bringing back so many memories with this thread. My after school routine involved Sailor Moon and the Powerpuff Girls on Cartoon Network followed by TRL.

IMG_8035.JPG

I would watch much music (Canadian equivalent to MTV) and have my tape ready to record my fav video's Smiley Very Happy

Anybody wish they kept their "free winona" shirt? Can't believe it was 14 years ago....glad she is still going strong with stranger things. I will always be a fan!freewinonashirt.jpg

@JiMi2006 I've always loved her. She got railroaded by Hollywood. Happy to see she's getting acclaim for Stranger Things. 

Is it just me or does turning to the good old days help relieve stress?  I've been crazy stressed lately and I started watching Frasier re-runs from the 90s.  They are helping!

@tbuss I'm doing the same, but I'm watching old Parks & Rec, Seinfeld and Psych. I need to be distracted right now. 

I think you are right @tbuss Smiley Wink

My friends and I took some ideas from The Babysitters club more off the books than the movie. We didn't actually start a club but we would ensure that the kids we would babysit for would have fun arts/crafts to do. I would take stickers with me when I would babysit and give them to good kids.

Also, when I was in late elementary school a group of friends every Saturday or so would host the rest and we would do a fun craft/art activity. I remember at one house we made little furniture for a doll house out of felt and wooden pieces. It was a way we could all hang out together and do some fun stuff together and only one house would have to host once every so often.

club.JPG

I read all these books too! I wanted the gumption of Kristy and the style of Stacey or Claudia, but I identified more with the mousy/responsible Mary Ann.

The Baby Sitters Club books were so awesome!  I tried to get my daughter and niece into them, but they never quite enjoyed them as much as my sister and I did. Smiley Sad

I used to read all the books!! And sweet valley high. And everyone used to watch 'breaker high' I think when I was like 8..some random show I think I wasn't allowed to watch? lol

Yes!! @jesscheems SVH was so great and the tv show!

I LOVED Sweet Valley High books!

Omg I loved the sweet valley books too in addition to TBSC. 

3 Replies