Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

THE BATH, BODY & NAIL CARE THREAD

A place to discuss anything relating to body care. Formerly known as the THE HAIR, NAILS AND BODY CARE THREAD

Ask a question, post a review, share your favorite products, tips or tricks... anything goes and is welcomed!

Bathbodytr.jpg

Re: THE HAIR, NAILS AND BODY CARE THREAD

Not in the area but thanks for the info 🙂

I haven't heard about storing polish in the fridge either.  It's worth a shot though right?

So I have a few nail polishes that are somewhat transparent and I hate seeing my nail underneath. I could use a white base but wondering if someone has another suggestion. Like is there a base coat that helps to hide the white of your nails???  Thx!

Butter London Nail Foundation is an opaque base coat; the color is a pale beige. It will even out nail color, fill ridges, and unless I'm super hard on my nails, all of my manicures last a week with little to no chipping and minimal edge wear. I keep trying other base coats because I hate hate hate the bottle shape (after about half a bottle, product becomes hard to get out and it thickens horribly), but I keep coming back...nothing holds up like it does. Just ordered a fresh bottle from ulta yesterday after deciding this formula x one I got on sale is horrible. 

I haven't tried the Lippmann one mentioned below, but it sounds like it might be similar too.

@veronika23 @ZombieMetroAnt @themusefactory

@RGbrown.thanks!  I have super white tips so they always show unless I have an opaque polish... which is what I prefer anyways. Will go check this out! Thx!

@themusefactory  the fridge??? First time I heard that.

@veronika23 Yeah, I have some polishes that I just can't replace so to keep them from doing the whole super thick and gross thing, I store them in the  fridge. This has worked for me, though it's not without people who say it's an absolute crap idea, lol! 

The only thing is if you're storing in the fridge (never freezer) is that you need to shake the bottle quite a lot and let it come up a bit in temp but it's a lot better in my opinion than trying to track down another clarins 230 😉 

@themusefactory.gotcha! Thanks! 🙂

OMG! You have the Clarins 230?? Did you compare with ILNP The Magician?

@veronika23 I haven't tried anything from ILNP! I saw someone mentioning Cirque the other day, and I'm obsessed with Vaporware. I'm too afraid to look at the ILNP site, lol! 

@themusefactory.oh that's probably me with Cirque :D. Them and ILNP are some of my fav brands. That's a super pretty mermaid type color!  I can't wait for their vice collection. 

The Magician should be a dupe for that unicorn pee... it's LE so unsure if it's sold out by now or not. I love the shifting colors from ILNP. Birefringence is beautiful!!!!

@veronika23 related question while we're on the subject of nail polish. I'm pretty sure you're the one I saw post a graphic from one of the nail polish sites (ilnp or cirque I think...can't remember for sure now!) showing discount codes for first time orders. It had 4 or 5 levels of discounts, with the biggest one being something like 50off100 order? Does that ring a bell? Do you know where I can find it again? I poked around BT a bit a few days ago, but couldn't find it. Not that I need more polish right now (I may have a literal ton of formula x on the way 😋 ), but I wanna save it on my computer so I can find it again later. 

@RGbrown.  it was from Pretty Serious cosmetics. They are actually doing a huge clearance right now and everything is on sale. They are re-vamping stuff so they are liquidating their stock... I guess I forgot to post in the deals thread 😞

@veronika23 I just saw this after buckling down and searching again, only to discover it's right here in this thread, just a few posts down. :facepalm: lol

Thank you so much!

I did see their clearance; someone posted about it somewhere on BT a day or two ago. I played on their site a bit, but couldn't get to $50 for FS with what they had left...and really have no business spending $50 on polish right now anyways haha

@RGbrown.haha no worries I do that often 😄

Oh maybe that was me too lol... I posted again after I commented above because I wasn't sure anymore. I'm loosing it! 😄

Well this way you can keep your money for something better 😉

@veronika23 no worries at all...I lost it years ago 😂

@RGbrown. well glad I am not alone! 😂😂😂

@veronika23 MUST RESIST!... Who am I kidding? LOL! I'm already on the site 😉 

@themusefactoryhahahahaha!  Let me know what you find! High Tide is also super pretty! Current pedi color.

@veronika23 High tide is so stunning! There are so many choices! I have a hard time visualizing without seeing it in person, but I'll for sure pick up one at some point! 🙂 

@themusefactory.yeah sometimes it's hard to know when you don't have them in front of you. Like Cirque memedom one set of swatches looks aqua but it's really greyish blue. Even more so than what they have posted I find. I don't see that aqua/green flash and disappointed because of that. 😞

@RGbrown I haven't tried the Butter London one but it sounds nice! Have you tried keeping it in the Fridge? That's where I keep all my "I can't live without you" polishes and so far, they've lasted without any issues! 

@themusefactory no, I've never heard the fridge tip either. Might have to give that a try! I thin it down with acetone as needed, but I still don't think I've ever been able to finish more than about 2/3 or maybe 3/4 of one. The bottle is just poorly designed nowadays, but I keep coming back because it's the best I've found. Sigh lol

230 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • IMG_3160.JPG
  • tooth.JPG
  • tooth1.JPG
  • nail.JPG
  • nail5.JPG
  • nail3.JPG
  • nail4.JPG
  • nail2.JPG
  • Capture.PNG