Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

THE BATH, BODY & NAIL CARE THREAD

A place to discuss anything relating to body care. Formerly known as the THE HAIR, NAILS AND BODY CARE THREAD

Ask a question, post a review, share your favorite products, tips or tricks... anything goes and is welcomed!

Bathbodytr.jpg

Re: THE HAIR, NAILS AND BODY CARE THREAD

@pixiedust2  hahahaha I mean it is a good one to have and I've also used it on my face without any problems but I can see how it doesn't work for everything and everyone.  Uhhh I never saw that movie 😄 😄 😄

Just had to post these cute nails. The nail polishes used are in the spoiler below.  I like Pretty Serious Cosmetics... a few more colors on the way 😄

Anyone know a hack on how to do the marbling like in the first pic? So far all I've seen seems pretty long and somewhat complicated if you use your own nails...

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.59.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.59.42 PM.png

Spoiler
18556337_1491934560857606_7700269759518628477_n.jpg

I love these colors! You've inspired me to check out their website - I had never heard of them before.

@JenniferOhJenny  I have a few of their polishes and like what I have.  You can get a discount when you sign up for their email.  Might work even if you don't sign up.  Also make sure you select US/CAN when purchasing. 🙂

ed6fa07b-f572-4781-a4ba-68a27b937695.png

Awesome - thanks for the tip!

😁 perfect for summer!!  

Guys, any recommendation for a hair brush that will cause no static? My hair is crazy static-y. I am at the point where I'm afraid to brush my hair because I am afraid I'm gonna set my house on fire or something from the sparkles flying. 😄 Nothing's been helping so far. This has been happening for a long time now. No apparent cause. I think it's just me because I "electrify" people and stuff left and right. ( Too much stress! ) 😄

My hair is long ( again! ugh... ), straight, and silky fine.

@lyravega YES!! I recommend this brush to everyone. I purchased by accident at Ulta and it's now my favorite brush. I actually use the smaller paddle size since I cut my hair. I kid you not, this brush will smooth your hair with no other product in your hair. I just towel dry, then blow dry with this brush. My hair is smooth, shiny and frizz free. LOVE it and I recommend it to everyone! 😘❤ Nice to see you my spooky friend 🦇💀👻😦

IMG_3249.JPG

Thank you, @pixiedust2 ! That sounds promising. I'll be trying it asap!

I have the same problem with static, and I will definitely be trying this brush, because the paddle brush I currently have does nothing, lol! Thanks for sharing this @pixiedust2! ❤

@lyravega, I second @pixiedust2's opinion.  Heart 

My hands are terribly dry & one of my BFF's suggested I try Squalane Oil.  I found this on Amazon for only $10 so I figured I'd give it a try. 

5.JPG

I have spent SO much on my collection of hand creams but gotta say, in the short period of time I've used this, I can see a visible difference.  A little goes a long way too!  I'm curious if there are any other ways Squalane Oil can be used...

0.JPG

better do some research!

I am currently using a squalane oil for my face, as part of my attempt at rejigging my skincare routine. In this case, it's less about softening my skin, and more about evening out my skintone. It feels nice, but I am not far enough into using it to notice a big difference. 

http://www.sephora.com/squalane-vitamin-c-rose-oil-P416563?skuId=1923572&country_switch=ca

Oooh I'm going to check this out- thank you! I too have terribly dry hands.  Purchased the Biossance Squalane oil and while I love it, it's a lot pricer than $10!

@ZombieMetroAnt

@TamTam01 hope it works just as well for you!

Spoiler
By the way, Im loving your new avatar!  Heart

@ZombieMetroAnt awww thanks!❤️

@ZombieMetroAnt  I have the one from The Ordinary and I bought it for my face. I mostly use it at night because I feel it's a bit "oily" 😄  I am happy I purchase it! Definitely something I will keep in my routine!

Good to know @veronika23! I'll add this to my list of things to buy from The Ordinary (I think I'm No. 24,857 in their 25k waiting list for the foundation) Cat LOL 

Hahaha me too @ZombieMetroAnt! Still waiting for my order... at least I got an update email 😄

I wonder what number @pixiedust2 has?  Maybe we just send her $$ and she buys three different shades - it won't be suspicious at all!  Cat LOL

@ZombieMetroAnt @veronika23 I still need to figure out my order too! 😂 Hey Zombie, that squalene can go anywhere! I tap it under my eyes after I put my eye cream on at night. Cuticles, face, lips, really anywhere you could use an oil. I'm not sure about hair 🤔 I'll have to experiment with that one. Happy to hear it's helping you!

Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • IMG_3160.JPG
  • tooth.JPG
  • tooth1.JPG
  • nail.JPG
  • nail5.JPG
  • nail3.JPG
  • nail4.JPG
  • nail2.JPG
  • Capture.PNG
  • oil-orig-400x400.jpg