Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

THE BATH, BODY & NAIL CARE THREAD

A place to discuss anything relating to body care. Formerly known as the THE HAIR, NAILS AND BODY CARE THREAD

Ask a question, post a review, share your favorite products, tips or tricks... anything goes and is welcomed!

Bathbodytr.jpg

Re: THE BATH & BODY CARE THREAD

Saw this and had to share (this is for you @darkiceis & @k617 Smiley LOL Heart)

sail.JPG

Spoiler
sail1.JPGsail2.JPGsail3.JPG

Hahaha that is so cool but soooo impractical @ZombieMetroAnt!

Has anyone tried the new Drybar On the Rocks Clarifying Shampoo?

I have an oily scalp and I'm looking for shampoo/conditioner that will combat this problem and this Drybar shampoo seems to target this problem. If anyone has experience with this shampoo Id love to hear your thoughts, or any recommendations for a product that can address an oily scalp. Thanks.

http://www.sephora.com/on-rocks-clarifying-charcoal-shampoo-P422243

Does anyone else use Yves Rocher? I had a mango coriander lotion in cupboard and pulled it out and used it today and it smells so amazing.  It reminded me of a mango lassi.  Must not drink it...

@melanito  Yves Rocher still exists?

@melanito  ohhh.  That tree thing is pretty cool!  Maybe I should go have a look. Thanks! 🙂

ETA: Thanks for the heads up for ebates!

@veronika23 they also usually have 7.5% on ebates

@veronika23 yes I order off their Canadian website.  Love their body products.  Their scents smell like the real thing (not artificial) and contain a lot of organic ingredients.  I also like you can select that they plant trees instead of a gift if nothing appeals to you.

Thanks @lachaton! I remember looking at catalogs back in the day and all the deals they had.

@veronika23 Yes, there's even a Canadian website. I think it's operated under Fruits & Passion here? 

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 8.48.47 AM.png

So finally coming back to this thread to post some comments on Living Sea Therapy. @themusefactory was super nice and helped me get this from the UK. Thanks so much!!! Heart  It's a new brand and it was very hard to get but I still managed to get my hands on it :D. I really hope I'll be able to purchase it from a stockist in the UK or someone in N-A will pick up the brand... hint hint Sephora. 😉

So I have a lot of things on the go but wanted to give a few thoughts on these.

The sea salt scrub - Oh man do I love this one!  It has larger granules and scrubs very nicely leaving behind an oil when the skin is wet. That's something I like for my dry skin. That oil does get absorbed once the skin starts to dry. I find it preps the skin nicely for the body butter.

The body butter - I'm not sure if I would call it a butter since I find it's not as thick as some other butters on the market but it's quite nice still. My skin does feel hydrated when I use it and I don't need a lot of product since it spreads nicely. It works best in combination with the scrub.

Both have a fresh type scent that I can't really describe.  When I first opened it, it wasn't really my thing and was really strong but I think the strong scent came from the product traveling in hot weather. It wasn't as strong once it came back down to room temperature.... now I'm loving the scent.

Overall it's something I would like to purchase again and have in rotation with my Body Deli items.  I sure hope it will be easier to get in the coming months. Thanks again muse for your help on this! xo

@KatieBT  would it be possible to move this under the Bath & Body group. Since we can change titles I'll leave this thread for body care only.  THANKS! 🙂

Re: THE HAIR, NAILS AND BODY CARE THREAD

Biolage extending their line of products.

"Biolage R.A.W. Extends Line With 5 Styling Products. The lineup could bring in $10 million in sales for year one, industry sources said."

Biolage R.A.W. Curl Defining Styling Butter

Spoiler
From WWD:

Matrix is diving deeper into its recently launched Biolage R.A.W. line with the addition of styling products.

“When the brand was started in 1990, it became synonymous with natural,” said Paul Schiraldi, vice president and general manager of Matrix U.S. “R.A.W. really allowed us to evolve.” The brand launched three shampoo-conditioner lines — Nourish, Recover and Uplift — in fall 2016.

This August those systems will be following by five styling products: Smoothing Styling Milk, Curl Defining Styling Butter, Frizz Control Styling Spray, Texturing Styling Spray and Bodifying Styling Jelly. The products will retail for $19.50. The Smoothing Styling Milk contains oat extract and honey; the Curl Defining Styling Butter uses cocoa; the Frizz Control Styling Spray contains lavender; the Texturizing Styling Spray includes matcha green tea, and the Bodifying Styling Jelly contains lemon.

“We felt like there was really an opportunity to modernize what natural hair care meant…there isn’t a regulation for organic ingredients in hair care, and we felt like that was misleading for consumers…just because a shampoo has an organic ingredient in it…doesn’t mean the formula is organic,” Schiraldi said.

So the brand took the opportunity to define what natural meant — settling on a “natural origin” definition, which means ingredients that are either unchanged from their natural state or retain at least 50 percent of their molecular structure. The styling range is between 98 percent and 99 percent natural origin.

With the exception of products that contain lemon and lavender, Schiraldi noted the line is fragrance-free — as is the shampoo-conditioner range. “People were into the lack of fragrance,” he said. “It lent legitimacy.”

The shampoo-conditioner range is on track to do about $20 million in U.S. sales in its first year, according to industry sources, who projected the styling line could bring in $10 million in the first 12 months in the U.S. The R.A.W. range is in about 25,000 U.S. salon doors, and 10,000 international doors. (The styling range will launch globally in September).

“This is really the future of what the Biolage brand will be — there will be a lot more to come behind R.A.W. and Biolage itself — we’ll be launching two other shampoo and conditioner ranges next year, and we’ll probably also continue to expand styling. We’re exploring color formulas as well,” Schiraldi said. “Increasingly, consumers and stylists will want products that are more natural.”

So I decided to try IGK Smoke and Mirrors to see if it could replace my HIF Anti-Frizz Support and I was hopeful... but I am super disappointed in the product.  I have fine hair and lots of it. It's not color treated and dry.  Man that cleansing oil did not work for me. I tried it a few times because I thought the change in product could have an impact but no.  It made my hair look super dirty... almost from the minute it dried. I usually wash my hair twice a week and sometimes on wash days it's not that bad but this just made my hair yucky. Didn't matter if I blow dried it or let it air dry. The result was always the same. It looked greasy and stuck together. Like I needed dry shampoo to try and make it look normal right after I had washed it. Sadly this product went back. 

@veronika23 I picked up the hif anti frizz over the weekend after a couple of their staff members raved about it (plus you spoke so highly of it as well). I tried it and I am so confused. My hair actually was way more frizzy than normal after trying it. I had to use two seperate hair products to tame it down which completely took away from my natural waves and looked limp.

I recently cut off my hair shorter than usual and since it is wavy I thought this would help with any potential frizz during the summer. Maybe this particular hif product isn't for me? Or I am just using it incorrectly maybe. Should I try using a seperate conditioner just for the ends (defeats the purpose i suppose)? I did love how soft and clean my hair felt though..I just did not like how fluffy it looked. 

@Anewxa  I had a few problems at first... I think our hair isn't used to it and needs time to adjust. Plus if you just got your hair cut it's double the adjustment.

So I would wet my hair, put a bit of product in my hands, rub together and then rub on my hair. Massage and leave in for a bit.  You really don't need a lot of product.  So that was another thing I found I needed to get used to.  Once I found the right amount and gave it time it worked better for me.  I can definitely tell you the first few times were hell. My hair hated it... it was so messy and tangled.. but I stuck with it.

I'd say keep trying it for now to get your hair to adjust to it and then decide if it's for you. I didn't find it made my hair fluffy though... Usual normal shampoo/conditioner makes it fluffy and wild... like more single strand movement if that makes sense. Even my hair dresser said she didn't see the normal kinks in my hair while drying.  I made her use it on me when I got my hair done last time. 

So yeah I'd say keep trying it for a little while and if it still doesn't work it might not be for you.

Since I couldn't find it online I ended up buying hydration support. It's close to the anti-frizz support but not the same... I can tell you I'm having problems... maybe it will get better so I'm still using it  to see but so far I still prefer the anti-frizz one.

If you decide to stick with it, let me know if your feelings towards it changes. Good luck! 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions @veronika23, I will give it a couple tries and see how it works. I read another review and the girl also faced my exact same issue where her hair actually frizzed after this..so she ended up using a conditioner just on the ends (which kinda defeats the purpose I suppose..)

Maybe I will also try the hydration and see which works better - the SA raved about their awesome 1 year return policy even if the tube is half used 😄 

@Anewxa   let me know how it turns out!  So far I don't like hydration. It makes my hair look dirty faster and I had better luck with the anti-frizz. Maybe you would have better luck with that one. They are very similar if you look at the specs... the ph is slightly different.  I also prefer the consistency of the anti-frizz. Hydration is more liquid and IMO not meant for that type of tube.

I see they have so many to offer so maybe I need to tead up a little more. Too bad they don't do samples at the store..

The SA also mentioned the hydration weighing hair down since it is meant for more dry or coarse hair so I can totally imagine hair feeling dirty faster..I fully expected a very thick cream or gel product but I hardly had to squeeze the tube -  it just spilled out the tube! 

Will update how it goes @veronika23

@Anewxa  yeah it would be great if they offered samples.  Ahhh yeah my hair is fine so probably why.  Cool. 🙂

I'm so sorry it didn't work for you @veronika23. 😞 That's disappointing! I had it on my loves list because it sounded like an interesting idea, but I've got a lot of fine hair as well...so I think I'll pass on it after reading your thoughts.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • IMG_3160.JPG
  • tooth.JPG
  • tooth1.JPG
  • nail.JPG
  • nail5.JPG
  • nail3.JPG
  • nail4.JPG
  • nail2.JPG
  • Capture.PNG