Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Sun Safety Kit 2014- I just bought it!

I went to the opening of a new SiJCP today.  I walked in and low and behold, there it was.  Just sitting there all innocently.  I knew right away that it was destiny.  Without further adieu...

SunSafetyKit1.jpg

SunSafetyKit2.jpg

Contents (according to accompanying pamphlet):

Spoiler
  • 0.5 oz Algenist SPF 20 Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer
  • 0.03 oz Bare Minerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil
  • 0.33 oz Murad SPF 30 Essential-C Day Moisturizer
  • 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen 50+ SPF Protect the Truth Sunscreen
  • 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth 30 SPF All Day Moisture Defense Lotion
  • 0.64 oz Shiseido 50+ SPF Ultimate Sun Protection Cream
  • 1.69 oz St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
  • 0.23 oz Stila 30 SPF 10-in-1 BB Cream
  • 1 oz Supergoop! 50 SPF Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil
  • 0.5 oz Tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanner
  • 0.14 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder

I'm most excited for the Algenist, Murad, and Supergoop! because those are all brands I've been meaning to try.  For those three alone, I got a good deal even if I give the rest away. 

What does everyone else think?  Is it what you were hoping for?  Whose gonna get it?

Re: Sun Safety Kit 2014- I just bought it!

OOOH!

I want this Smiley Sad darn Sephora not shipping to Canada!

Really? Boooo Sephora!  Ship to Canada!

But... they do, don't they? I've been getting so many packages shipped to Toronto.

Oh they ship regular stuff to Canada, but not the sun kit. It's silly. Even though we can buy each of these things separately.

Looks okay but not as great as other years in my opinion. Plus the ones at SiJCP usually have 2 -3 less products than the ones sold at regular Sephora and online. Debating this one but the bag is cute this year too

Ok so let's discuss sunscreen oil. I'm a little bit apprehensive. I think of the 80's when people would lather up with baby oil and then fry themselves up outside. Thoughts?

I sometimes still dream about the blistered sunburn I got back then, I share your apprehension.

I felt similarly about beauty oil; it will make me greasy. Then I tried it and it didn't. Perhaps this is the same idea. I remember the oil trick though. I did it! I was tired of people questioning my ethnicity so I thought I could look "really black" by doing this. thank a God I didn't get cancer. 

Questioning your ethnicity?  Girl, you just got me started on pet peeve of mine.  No one should EVER feel they should have to change their skin color.  All skin tones are beautiful!  I remember growing up people would comment on how white I was ("oooooh, a ghost!) and made me feel like I NEEDED  a tan.  What a load of hooey!    Thank goodness we are now able to see how foolish and superficial these people are.

OMG preach it! This also a pet peeve of mine! I hate that fact that women (especially singers and actresses) are always told they have to tan if they're light or bleach their skin if they're dark! I'm sure neither one is healthy and why do we all have to be in the middle anyway? I say natural skin color all the way! I've stopped tanning completely this year and decided I'm going to just love the paleness that is me. I don't care if people think I look weird in shorts. Lol. Hence me needing this SPF kit.

Thank you ladies! It was tough in middle and high school! With hazel eyes and light skins. The questions were always "what are you mixed with?" Quite annoying, so I'd lay out with oil to get darker to just "look black". Now, I don't care. the questions still come and my answer is always "I'm me." 

Nice set! What store were you at annec322? 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

SiJCP in Niles, OH.  Today was the soft opening and the grand opening is May 2nd Smiley Happy

Wow, thanks for sharing Annec322! It looks like you were lucky and got to pick it up early at the store's launch! For everyone else wondering, don't head to your stores just yet- They'll be arriving in May and we would hate for you to visit your local shop and not have it available. Smiley Happy Thanks for understanding! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Nice! Please let us know how the Algenist performs. I have the cream without SPF and they just came out with a separate SPF product that is SPF55 I think. I like it! Have fun with this! 

The set with the Algenist, Shiseido, and Ole Henriksen looks great!  Not entirely sure about the included self-tanner and the sunscreen oil though... :/

It's all one big 11pc set.  The pictures are showing two sides of the same bag Smiley Happy

Well, this Sephora newbie feels silly. Smiley Tongue  Getting all 11 items for $27 is a even better deal, and even if I already owned some of the items, having the mini versions would be cute!  

Don't feel silly; you didn't know!  When I saw these in store, since some were facing one way and some the other, I actually thought there were two different kits as well.  Then I turned it over and was like ohhhhhhh, duh.  Lol

Yes Smiley Very Happy! I have all of this MUAHAHA!! I can resist lol.

82 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • SunSafetyKit1.jpg
  • SunSafetyKit2.jpg