Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Summer 2018 Must-Haves

The weather is getting hot and summer is just around the corner! As we step into June Iโ€™ve been thinking about which products Iโ€™ll be needing,  I thought itโ€™d be helpful to start a thread to discuss all of our Summer 2018 beauty must-haves! Share your favourite heat/sweat proof makeup, hair care, bath & body, and skincare products, tips, and hints โ˜€๏ธ 

7BB26E60-5CCC-48F5-8134-54F697378224.jpeg

Re: Summer 2018 Must-Haves

I've been living in Arizona for the past few years, so I'm very happy to be in San Francisco this summer! We don't really have the ideal summertime weather here, but I'll take it over the 110+ degrees weather that I never got used to! 

I'm that type of person who loves smelling like a "vacation" if that makes sense! I love beachy smells and the Tom Ford Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil is my go-to! It smells like vacation in a bottle, gives your skin a beautiful glow, and it doesn't feel too sticky.

I also love the Bobbi Brown Beach Fragrance. This has been one fragrance that I've loved for years. When I lived in Arizona, I got away with wearing it 10 months out of the year since it was always hot. I'm excited to bring this fragrance back into my everyday routine this summer! The smell of sunshine and sea breeze is what makes this fragrance amazing!

Lastly, who loves beach waves? I loooooooooove beach waves especially during the summer time, but I'm not a fan of flat beach waves. Honestly, my hair gets flat when it's hot or I'm in the sun for too long. The IGK Beach Club Texture Spray has changed the game for me = NO MORE FLAT BEACH WAVES! This product is amazing! I personally use a heat protector in my hair (Specifically: The GHD ghd Styleโ„ข Heat Protect Spray). After, I add the IGK Beach Club Texture Spray in my hair and it adds so much volume to my hair. I go in with my T3 Body Waver to create the most easy and effortless beach waves. Lastly, I add a little more of the IGK Beach Club Texture Spray and voilร , the most dreamy beach waves!

You can find all of the products that I've mentioned here: https://www.sephora.com/product/soleil-blanc-shimmering-body-oil-P406527

https://www.sephora.com/product/beach-fragrance-P270559

https://www.sephora.com/product/ghd-style-heat-protect-spray-P385017

https://www.sephora.com/product/bodywaver-P422239?skuId=1990217&icid2=products%20grid:p422239

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

I love reading about what products you love @RaquelBT, thanks for sharing! I too, really love to smell like a vacation! I find it really helps to achieve a more relaxed and fun mindset! Iโ€™ve been eyeing up that Tom Ford Shimmering body oil, I just may have to take the plunge after seeing you rave about it ๐Ÿ˜„

I hope you enjoy your summer! โ˜€๏ธ 

One of my favorite must have's for summer is the Milk Makeup Cooling Stick. During the summer when I get home and am hot/sweaty I always take my makeup off immediately and this stick is my go to for providing cooling/moisture since it's usually quite a few hours between taking my makeup off and doing my nighttime skin routine. 

That sounds great @Kim888! ๐Ÿ˜ the mini is only $17 Iโ€™m going to try it ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป 

Hair Care: Iโ€™m really interested in trying the Bamboo Hair line by Alterna, has anyone used the Bamboo Beach Ocean Waves Tousled Texutre Spray, Sunshine Spray or Breeze Dry Balm? Iโ€™m looking for something that smells great, providers easy and quick styling for summer hair, and UV protection is a huge bonus! Iโ€™m about to try Bumble and Bumble Hairdresserโ€™s Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer in hopes that it leaves my hair feeling soft while providing protection from the sun. 

Bath & Body: Iโ€™m obsessing over Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum cream! I LOVE the way it smells, feels and the way it makes my skin look so smooth and glowy. Iโ€™ll be repurchasing this all summer long to keep my skin moisturized and soft. Has anyone tired the shower gel? Iโ€™d love to hear about it!

Skincare: SPF is really important to me, I used vitamin C in my skincare so like to use a product that will protect my skin from harsh uv rays. Right now I really like Dr. Jart+ beauty balm, it gives great coverage, feels nice on my dry skin and has SPF 25. Iโ€™d love to try another B.B. cream with spf protection, suggestions?!

Makeup: I typically use minimal makeup in the summer because it just gets so hot and sweats off ๐Ÿ˜“ Iโ€™m really interred Iโ€™m trying the Priming and highlighting oil by Josie Maran because I love the way a healthy glow looks, especially in the summer! 

@bakeamuffin I really like the SdJ shower gel. It's expensive but is pretty concentrated so you don't need to use a ton like with cheaper things. One bottle is lasting me a long time, so I'll probably repurchase when it finally runs out.

@fieldsofclover thanks!! itโ€™s in my cart ๐Ÿ˜„ I canโ€™t wait to try it, Iโ€™m so intoxited by the scent! 

I love the Dr. Jart beauty balm too, @bakeamuffin! I got a sample in a Sephora favourites kit and it was great! I've been trying out the Smashbox camera ready BB cream since it has SPF 35, but it hasn't been working out too well with my skin. I find the Dr. Jart BB cream has a better formula for dry skin. Clinique came out their CliniqueFIT line that has a sweatproof foundation with SPF 40. I haven't tried it, but it looks nice. 

Iโ€™d love a sample pack of SPF BB creams! Itโ€™s hard to find one that offers the right amount of coverage,

works for your individual skin type/tone, and offers SPF! 

Im glad you brought up the Smashbox one @SpaceLlama, I was thinking of trying it but will definitely avoid products that arenโ€™t very comfortable for dry skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • 7BB26E60-5CCC-48F5-8134-54F697378224.jpeg
testing