Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Starting Makeup

Hello, I’m just starting to get into makeup and I was just wondering where I should start! 

Re: Starting Makeup

@MSIpanda @You can watch YouTube tutorials and attend free masterclasses. This is the page where we post classes Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Also, a good start is knowing what kind of look you want-natural, glowy, full glam, etc 

Hi @MSIpanda!

The most important steps are skincare and prep.  Sunscreen is a must!  Make sure to choose skincare, prep, and complexion products based on your skin type for the best results.

There are so many makeup products to experiment with!  It's all about what looks you want to create.

You can check out the Virtual Masterclass Thread or the Eventbrite website for free masterclasses.  Anastasia Beverly Hills has free 1-on-1 eyebrow shaping classes and HUDA has 1-on-1 consultations for any of their products as well as step by step makeup application techniques.

The Sephora IGTV tutorials are great for beginners.  They teach many tricks on how to apply makeup.

These are some of my favorite products:

First, its good to have a good base:

A good moisturizer for your skin type.

It could be a primer of some sort too, but a moisturizer works perfect, unless you really would want a specific primer.

A good base means something that would get the skin ready for a better or easier application of makeup as well as a better finish.

If you are dry you want to hydrate, if you are oily or combo you also want to hydrate, but differently than if you were dry.

So, things to consider: skin type(dry, oily, combo), skin condition (acne, texture etc.)

Important: the products you use dont have to be expensive luxurious brands, Elf could work as well for your skin than any other brand. 

For foundation it depends on the kind of coverage you want. There are tinted moisturizers or lotion, light/medium/full coverage foundations etc.

Important: remember that its not because you would/might have oily skin that you automatically needs an oil restricting or mattifying primer; trying to restrict oil can make things worse, so try to not restrict your skin too much and still use a moisturizer that does its thing, moisturize.

I hope this helps 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors