Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Skincare for dry skin

Any recommendations for a moisturizer for dry skin for the upcoming fall and winter season? #dressing #moisturizer

Re: Skincare for dry skin

Dry skin is no fun @Ahall4 

There's alot of really great recommendations here. 🥰

As a evening mask;

Have you tried Pacificas Wake up Beautiful sleep mask? It's an excellent over night moisturizer. I love it so much!

For the day time, I enjoy Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 

It's very hydrating and gives me a nice glow during the day

My regular night time hydrating face cream world be 

TULA Skincare 24-7 Moisture Hydrating Day & Night Cream 

If I'm getting dry,  applying a face oil after moisturizing at night I think can really help combat dryness.  Use sparingly, like 2 drops 

Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL  or

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

And remember wash with luke warm - not hot- water, and pat your skin dry to help prevent moisture loss.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes with whatever you pick 🙂

The fall and winter season really do a number on my skin when it comes to dryness @Ahall4

belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb plus The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL has been an effective combo for me in the cooler seasons for 4+ years. If I need a little more oomph on the moisturizer front, there's Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer. Then there's Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizer for if/when my skin lands in that dry-very dry skin category. 

For body care, I've been liking the results I get from L'Occitane Cleansing And Softening Refillable Shower Oil With Almond Oil 8.4 oz/ 250 mL and then sealing in that goodness with Bio-Oil Moisturizing Body Lotion for Dry Skin right out of the shower.

I see a lot of good recommendation from folks. Let us know what product(s) end up working for your skin! 

@faeriegirl I've always wanted to try this. Glad to know you like it!

@greeneyedgirl107  It has been awhile since I’ve used DE Lala. If I remember correctly the consistency, texture, and hydrating for both are pretty similar. The biggest difference is the oils in Lala, sometimes it would make my face feel too oily. I don’t get that at all from Skinfix. 

@faeriegirl Thanks for the info!  I agree that the DE can be a bit oily.  I like it for nighttime use, but am looking for something for use for daytime in the cold weather.  Does the Skinfix absorb quickly?  I'm thinking about using this before makeup application.

@greeneyedgirl107   It takes maybe a minute to fully absorb for me. I will have to try it under makeup to see how it does.

A moisturizer I’ve recently started using and absolutely love is the triple lipid-peptide cream by Skinfix. It’s incredible and made with really good ingredients allowing your skin to stay hydrated and protecting during the colder season:)

@Victoriavanasse I didn't know this had a refill option!

Yes it does ! It’s super convenient and makes it also better for the environment 

I absolutely adore the Algenist Genius cream. Pair it with Algenist Collagen underneath and your skin will soak it up. Not greasy feeling, just hydrated and dewy!

That Algenist collagen is wonderful @Wickettlove😍

I agree.  So far it’s the best I’ve found! 

I use a few hydrating serums to start. I then apply the IT Cosmetics Secret Sauce Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL . It's a great cream to use day and night. At night as my last product, I apply the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil 2.2 oz/ 65 mL as an occlusive to hold in all the moisture from the serums and creams. Great combo to help with dry skin. Some of the serums I use are from The Ordinary and Timeless Skincare. Really great quality products with very effective ingredients. 

@CookieGirl1 the yttp looks interesting!  I'm not a fan of the jar packaging,  tho.

@greeneyedgirl107 I guess I've gotten so used to jarred moisturizers that I don't think about it anymore!  I always use a little spatula anyway since I don't like dipping my fingers into jars all the time.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 60 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing