Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Skin care for field botanist

Spoiler
Camping skincare

Hi!

I live in the Desert Southwest (Arizona, USA). I’m a biological science technician and spend many days camping in the field. During the day I am sweating a ton and it’s hard to scrounge up the effort to apply anything to take care of my skin.

Do you have any suggestions or easy to apply skincare that requires minimal water?

Thank you!

Re: Skin care for field botanist

@Neonecology hello fellow AZer! If you're not using sunscreen yet, make sure you are. You can use a makeup wipe (Amie makes some biodegradable ones) or micellar water on a soft towel or cotton round first and then give your face a quick wash with a gentle soap (or even just wipe your face with a slightly damp towel if you're strapped for water). I enjoy using toner pads (I use the brand Pyunkang Yul) in the morning and at night to balance out my skin. You can just pack a few with you in a ziploc (I do that when I travel). They're pretty hydrating as well. A good moisturizer is key since it's so dry out here. I've been enjoying the Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer

Thank you so much! I’m always looking for biodegradable alternatives for camping.

@Neonecology you can also use The Original MakeUp Eraser Foodie MakeUp Eraser 7-Day Set to help remove your makeup and dirt. You wet them or use micellar water. They work great. I'd still recommend washing your face after but they'll do by themselves in a pinch. You can also use SEPHORA COLLECTION Reusable Cotton Pads paired with a toner to help hydrate your skin instead of the toner pads. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing