Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Skin Laundry, anyone?

I just got the most beautiful box filled with Skin Laundry products from Sephora as a gift to try. I am so very excited to try. Anyone got their hands on these babies and want to share their experiences yet? 

As an acne-prone person who battled with acne all my life, I cannot wait to try these. They read that they are gentle which is really important to not piss my skin off further 😄

image1.JPG

Re: Skin Laundry, anyone?

Now that I've used the products for some amount of time, I feel more comfortable sharing my thoughts.

Sleepcycle Pillowcase:

I've had this on my bed since last Friday, and have laundered it.  Other than it being very soft and cozy, it's pretty difficult to say if it's been doing anything.  I had a few breakouts this week in an area I don't normally break out, but I was also having a stressful week and I haven't seen any subsequent breakouts pop up since I started using the pillowcase, so I don't think I can attribute them to this.

Gentle Foaming Face Wash:

I've been using this as my in shower/morning face wash for a few days.  The scent really reminds me of old fashioned bar soap or laundry detergent (which I'm guessing is intentional, given their name) and is a little stronger than I'd prefer.  I don't typically like foamy cleansers for my face; generally I choose oil or cream cleansers instead.  This foamed gently, did not leave a film and left my skin feeling clean.  Shortly after usage each day I did notice my skin feeling a bit tighter than usual, but I attribute that more to the fact that I'm used to using cream or oil cleansers than to this being terribly drying.  

Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask:

I tested this out the day after an event that had left me tired, dehydrated and with dull looking skin.  The serum in the mask is thick and milky looking, and did not irritate my skin.  After I was finished using the mask, my skin felt plump, comfortable and well hydrated, so I will definitely be using the rest of the package.  And there was ample serum left in the pouch that I could use it for my chest and neck, or save it for the next morning.  

All in all, I'm relatively pleased with what I've tried from Skin Laundry, and I wouldn't hesitate to investigate the brand further when it launches at Sephora Canada.  

Thanks so much to Sephora and Skin Laundry for giving me the opportunity to test these products out!

Skin Laundry Hydrating Mask Review:

I used the hydrating sheet mask yesterday morning.  My routine was:

- Cleanse > light acid tone > SL hydrating sheet mask > moisturiser.

I waited until today to give my thoughts on it because if I were to react poorly to a product, it might take 24 hrs to show up.

Review:

I don't use sheet masks, so can't compare this to others.  The mask felt very cooling on the face when I put it on.  It had plenty of treatment product soaked into the sheet.  I left it on for 15 minutes and peeled it off.  The treatment product is a bit viscous (thicker than typical serums/gels).  There was product left on my face after removing the mask.  I took off a little with a tissue and massaged the rest of it in.  I followed up with moisturiser.

My face felt fine all day.  No adverse reaction to product as of this morning either.  It feels nice and cooling on the face when masking, I quite liked that.

Overall - I like.  I have a few more in the box.   Yes...I like this enough to use them all at the moment.  After extended use I will have a good idea if I want to purchase.  It is definitely worth a try if you ask me.

*so jelly*

@Insomniacmuffin,  Yup, I'd really like to have received this group of products to try out!  I bought the pillowcase myself, as soon as I heard about it.

I tried the mask last night, and it's so cooling and calming. And it doesn't leave my face sticky like many of the Korean masks that I've tried, so I love this mask!

First impression of Pillowcase:

It is supposed to help keep skin clear (as much as it can do) due to antibacterial properties.  Of course, one must have other good skin health practices as well.

I have used the pillow case 2 nights (and random lolling on bed).  It is a comfy pillow case.  I don't have a blemish at the moment, so I can't speak to any impact on that.  Regardless, I do like the pillowcase....even just as a pillow case.   

Thanks for the pillowcase rundown @greenchilli! I definitely feel like it will be hard to attribute any benefits directly to the pillowcase. But heck, a nice pillowcase for free, not too bad!

@NotCrocker

For sure.  If it doesn't help much, you only "stuck" with a nice pillowcase.  I think that makes this an attractive item to test out.

Sephora has been so generous with gratis lately! Congratulations to everyone who gets to try these. 

What a lovely gift. Congratulations to all the recipients and I hope you all enjoy testing these new items. 

Im curious if anyone with dry skin and has tested the hydrating sheet mask. If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks!

My 3rd night with the pillowcase. I had 1 acne deep in my skin on the side of my face where I sleep on the 1st night. Second day, it came to head and now it is gone. Is it because of the pillowcase? I don't know but that was fast. I have warm feelings about this thing. I really like it ❤️

Thanks for sharing @aydasu! Looks like I will be picking this up soon to help keep my skin in check. 

@aydasu, that's amazing to hear! I've been thinking about getting the pillowcase myself since I have acne and could always go for a "quick fix." (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

Marieke, whatever helps, right? 😄 ❤️

@aydasu, definitely! 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

Wow!  Whatever it was, I'm glad to hear you are getting some relief! ❤️  @aydasu

Congrats everyone!  This is a good one!

This gratis is right up my alley.  Sleeping pillowcase and sheet masks.  Looking forward to the reviews!  

I always enjoy adding a few of these specialty items to my Loves list. 

Anonymous Insider

IMG_0986.JPG

I used the pillowcase twice and put it in the wash now. It's soft and luxe and I'll continue to use it as my regular pillowcase. 

I used the face soap tonight and for the record I do not use foam and haven't for a very long time. I wouldn't say this is a traditional foam but it bubbles up well when water is added. I applied to dry skin, massaged in while adding a bit of water. I rinsed with lukewarm water. My skin was left cleansed but a bit too tight for my liking for this time of year. I can see this being good in my rotation in warmer months and not on days I use retinols or acids.

I plan on trying the sheet mask Monday and will report back. 

Thanks again Sephora ❤

@Anonymous does it say how often to wash it? I am curious if this can be used only as a primary cover..as in can I place my own cover matching my bedding over top this and will it still be effective 🤔 any mention of this on the box/instructions? 

The product page says it should be washed every 7-10 days and is effective for up to 50 washes.

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • image1.JPG
  • 20170126_Skin Laundry (Large).jpg
  • IMG_0549.JPG
  • IMG_0986.JPG
  • SLMask.jpg
  • SLPCM.jpg
testing