Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

this is so gorgeous!!

<3 Melissa

I also have a Vanity Girl mirror. They're a really wonderful splurge. They do 20% off sales throughout the year. Follow them on IG or FB for updates. I bought mine during the Black Friday sale and it really changed the way I do my makeup. 

Anyway, my vanity will look soooo much nicer when I get some real storage and either paint my desk or put down some vintage wallpaper or glitter paper and then top that with a nicer glass cover. I also want to make a skirt to cover the perimeter of the desk. Then I'll have a nice glamorous little vanity going on. Right now it's just very functional but doesn't look very great...At all. Maybe I can tackle it over Memorial Day weekend!

image.jpg

And then to the right I keep all the makeup I most commonly use, except for lipsticks, which are already on the vanity. I need some Muji in my life. 

image.jpg

Very nice! Does your mirror have protruding bulbs and the flash making them look flattened? 

Yes they're protruding. It's the same model AtlantlaLady38's in fact, just in white. But she's a much better photographer than I am! Smiley Happy

I thought they were the same style but wasn't sure! Probably just the flash Smiley Happy

I have the simplest set up ever. Firstly because I barely own anything and most of my stuff are minis and value sets. And Secondly because I do not have space for a vanity in my apartment, and my office also works as a guest bedroom, so I can't fit more stuff in it. For now, my makeup stays on top of my dresser and nightstand and in three small drawers.

My mirror is my closet door:
000-seph.jpg

Then on top of my nighstand I have my mini skin care stuff. And bags filled with samples and duplicate minis on the top drawer:

00-seph.jpg

Then I have 4 lipstick holders, the first one filled with mini primers, second one with gloss, balms and tints, third one with lipsticks and fourth one with mascaras. On the box I keep some makeup samples I want to try now, and the Tarte foundation and scrub on top.

01-seph.jpg

On this makeup organizer I have all sorts of eyeliners, my cheapie eyeshadows on the drawer, My to-go palettes on top, eyeshadow primers, some brushes, concealers, foundation and other minis and samples for the face. Next to it I have my brushes in glass vases. (waiting for more eye brushes to arrive).

01-seph2.jpg

And lastly, all the rest, blushes, sets, winter makeup, extra tools, nail polish... It all goes randomly on the top drawers of the dresser. Once I have more stuff I'll move the nail polishes to a bag:

Spoiler
01-seph3.jpg

Masks, cleansers and the rest go in the bathroom. And that is all! Smiley Sad

Thats a lot of stuff!!! I would be proud to rock that collection Smiley Happy nice set up.

Thank you! But it's mostly Ikea and Dollarama stuff! LOL Nothing that compares to your beautiful vanity! Smiley Happy Although it's been working for now, so I just need to keep the collection small! 

Honestly that vanity was cheaper than some ikea stuff! You'd be surprised, lol. Your set up works for you which is great. Our apartment had a full bath but it was the size of a closet so I had one teeny bag of beauty stuff and that's it! 

How do you lile the Too Faced Natural Face palette? And what kind of brushes are those? 

Those brushes are just the famous dupes for Sigma and Real Techniques, but for my level of expertise they are perfect and I love them. However they are mostly face ones, so I just placed a Sigma order for two sets of eye brushes this week, since I don't have many good ones. Once I start getting better I can start buying  professional ones. 

As for the Natural face palette, I love mostly the cream and powder blushes and the bronzer. I put them on very often and like how they are buildable on me.  The brightener and hightliter I put on every now and then. They are not bad, but personally I prefer liquid or powder. The concealer is not the right shade for me and I don't like the consistency. But overall I don't regret buying and use the palette frequently. Smiley Happy

Amazing!!  Can you come set up & organize my crazy stash too?!  Pretty please with a lippie on top Smiley Wink

xo, Mia

Where did you get the beadish things that are holding your brushes Smiley Happy

It`s from dollarama! LOL Smiley Happy

Oh I really like that, I try to be more organized, I need to buy some stuff and maybe I'll be able to post a picture of my setup ><

My vanity is my nightstand and this drawer unit thing I posted in this thread (FANTABULOUS MAKEUP STORAGE, FROM HOBBY LOBBY!!) but I had not yet posted any pictures from my nightstand.

image.jpgMy FAVORITES! My buxom collection I bought the big Christmas set this last year. Best ever. I already lost one. Smiley Sad

image.jpgSome of my other lippies... The short ones that fit best in this acrylic storage.

image.jpg

My perfume samples.

image.jpgThe set of "Deconstructed Rose" still in their package/tray. I already lost one of these, too. Bummed!

image.jpgMy new caboodles acrylic. 

image.jpgA view of my tall black makeup storage unit and the nightstand. 

Oh how I would love to have a makeup room. And a purse and shoes room. And.... Smiley Happy

What do you mean by "lost"?

Literally MIA... Fell out of my purse most likely. I am seriously the worst. I lose everything... Keys, remotes, receipts, my kids. JUST kidding!  Smiley Happy

1. Oh no! You're one of those people who needs fobs on everything! Lol

upload_4674621250342169802.jpgupload_1123357727191363212.jpgMy husband made mine for me I think it was two years ago for my birthday. I wanted a big mirror with lights but refused to let him spend the money on one. So he made me one and surprised me with one and with a Desk that he got off craigslist and cleaned up. Lights on shows how I seen it when they surprised me and then lights off after they  moved it to my room and set up my gifts and some of my makeup on the desk. I love , love it! I even got a cute pink chair to go with it Smiley Happy

By the way. The lights even have a remote so I just have to press a button to turn on my lights .  Have I mentioned I love it ?

That was so incredibly sweet of your hubby. Great guy you have there!

The set up is so cute!  I love how you have the tokidoki & UD palette displayed, it adds such a fun pop of color!!

xo, Mia

704 Replies