cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

Looks great! @heartsmyface .  Somehow when makeup is in a manageable state, it spills over into other areas of life, if only for experiencing less panic when getting ready to go somewhere because I can't find what I'm looking for.

@Ispend2much6  Yes!!! I feel this way about drawers in general!  If my drawers are tidy my mind is usually at peace.  They’re somewhat symbolic of my mental state.  

@heartsmyface That is a lot of pretty lipsticks even after the declutter. I know the feeling you're taking about. 

@heartsmyface  congrats on your decluttering. I'm sure it was hard to toss some of those beautiful lippies.

@AMK721 With the MAC ones not so much cause I have the Back to MAC motivation.  Get rid of six I don’t like and replace it with one I do.  With everything else I feel a little guilt but also, I’m not going to reach for the misbehaving lipsticks when I have other similar shades that perform how I like. 
I’m sad to see Snob go.  wow I can’t believe that color was my staple once.  

@heartsmyface This looks so satisfying post-declutter. I love that storage method, have actually been looking for a good lippie storage system lately but I don't think I have a drawer I can fully clear out 😞 

@heartsmyface ,

This is amazing!  Your arm, over and over and over again!  Good work! 

( I never thought of swatches as an aid to decluttering, but it makes perfect sense to me now.  You are brilliant!)

@tsavorite  Ha you can actually see how disorganized they were at first and when I started sorting them by color.  

arm swatches are great if you know what texture you prefer on your lips.  Anything that looked powdery on my arm is gone.  And anything that tugged.  

@heartsmyface  Great job at decluttering 

@ather   Thanks!!  If i have a row cleared out of one of the drawers then 2022 will have been a minimizing success.  Baby steps. 

This is the best, @heartsmyface! I really need to do this, too.

@curlychiquita  It’s very therapeutic sitting down swatching to see which formulas tug too much or dont swatch evenly or never worked to begin with.    Most of what I decluttered were mattes.  I tried to love them but the only part I like matte on my lips is where they’re lined.  

@heartsmyface Your arms look like works of art!  My MAC lipsticks are still some of my favourites. Love it when everything fits perfectly. 

@missjeanie   Dang, I saw that comment and thought ‘oh am I ripped?  I only started working out again last week!’ 😆

@heartsmyface I've noticed you were working out... it's looking good on you!  Keep at it 😉

Amazing job, so many swatches! Nice work on decluttering and organizing the rest. What a beautiful drawer - something for every occasion! @heartsmyface 

@sister13 Thank you.  It’s my dads birthday so I needed a task that was going to be enjoyable to keep my mind busy.  

Ha I’m certainly prepared for all 2 of the outings we might have in the next year.  Being dramatic.  I hope more than that happens. 

Aww, I know how that feels! 😢😢 Glad you found something to keep you busy. ((Hugs))

@sister13 Thanks, hugs back:(. Sorry you understand.  It’s getting worse as I tire more so I’m going to call it a night early.  

Holy lipsticks @heartsmyface! 💄 Great job organizing and decluttering! 😃

@itsfi  They are very pretty to look at when it’s tidy:). One day I will have fewer though.   I didn’t make as much progress in minimizing my collection as I had intended for 2021.  I had a goal of getting down to one drawer.   I think I may have around 16 fewer than last year but any progress still counts.  

725 Replies
testing