cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@ather oh yes, that tends to be a side effect of the little sample bags, doesn’t it 😄

@ather Oh wow, that's actually a brilliant idea... I think I might have to do that once I do a declutter. I think I could at least maybe start my month off by selecting some samples to try out throughout it. Thanks so much for the tip @eshoe 🙂

@QueenMarceline it was a MAJOR assistance during my six-month no buy last year (how has it been a year already???)

D4301BE4-56CE-4718-9857-460EC4F4EB1B.jpeg

I mined my stash in December ‘20 and sorted everything so that each bag had a decent variety of foils and DS samples. It is shocking how quickly everything goes when you actually use them 😂

@eshoe I agree ! This is a great idea! You can still try new products and save money by using up the samples. I like the idea of a 6 month no buy. I also like the idea of trying to go through my whole stash and seeing how long it takes before I actually need something. I have a feeling it could be years! @QueenMarceline this would help you with your low buy for sure!

@Mellmars1185 it is also helpful in pinpointing exactly what you need. If everything is reflexive, you can find yourself trying and using things you will never end up finishing. It has helped me to become more selective when sample options are offered, too. @QueenMarceline 

@Mellmars1185 Absolutely, this is such an awesome and helpful idea @eshoe  🙂

On to new favourites now @QueenMarceline !

On to new favourites now @QueenMarceline !

@missjeanie Absolutely! 🙂

@QueenMarceline That Tarte is a real throwback!  

@heartsmyface It certainly was for me, trust me. 😂I was a mix of shocked, intrigued and grossed out when I found it. HAHHAHA.

@QueenMarceline  You should almost turn it into a pill case or something.  

@heartsmyface I unfortunately couldn't get it open 😞 I'm guessing the sugar got in between the tin top and the component that holds the product. 😕

@QueenMarceline   Ha gross, it’s petrified!  😅. oh well. Oh well, it was nice to see a little makeup nostalgia. 

@heartsmyface Yes, it really was. Thank goodness I use an old candle jar for my lippies now so they don't get lost behind a stack of old books and journals only to be found years later 😂

@heartsmyface That is a great idea! It is so pretty!

@QueenMarceline Great decluttering! The more you declutter and less you bring it will make a huge difference! Nice to see some 'vintage' Tarte!

@Mellmars1185 Yes, yes... VINTAGE tarte. That's what I'll be calling it. 😂😜

@QueenMarceline That Tarte was definitely one of my first 5 Sephora purchases haha.

@Samtian Oh my, that's quite the throwback. I think if I remember correctly I got this on clearance at ULTA (likely around the time when they were discontinuing it). I really liked it because it was gentle and minty. 

@QueenMarceline 

Oh wow, that Tarte scrub...I went through a few of those some years back, bought on sale right as or after they discontinued them, and yup, yours is probably long bad by now...fairly certain my last one turned like three years ago lol. It was such a nice scrub though, one I had forgotten all about! 

725 Replies
testing