cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

Impressive declutter! So hard to do!!!

@heartsmyface,  wow! Impressive lippie declutter! 😮 it’ll be nice to have more room.

@heartsmyface Great job!!! It's hard to do. 

Great job decluttering, @heartsmyface

@heartsmyface 

No judgment here, that's for sure, other than to say this looks awesome! Any room made should be considered a win, even there's still more that can go lol. I desperately need to go through my lippies, but really really don't want to, because I'm sure I'll be heartbroken by anything that's gone off.

I had forgotten all about those Moschino markers...too freakin' adorable!

Love this thread, it's definitely inspired me to finally go through my collection and get rid of a bunch of things I wasn't using anymore or were too old/expired. Also I needed to tidy the bathroom counter anyway because my brother is coming home to visit and since he moved out my beauty collection had kind of taken over the vanity 😅

20221120_151119.jpg

Lots of old (some very old) drugstore products, most no longer used (and a few never used). Mostly lip stuff but some other odds and ends as well. I hate to waste unfinished product which is why it took me so long to finally get rid of these, but it was time to make some space (especially as I have been buying so much new stuff lately). I feel much better now that things are a bit tidier!

@caitbird Excellent declutter!

@Mellmars1185  thank you!

@caitbird  Great job! It feels so good to make room! 

@ather  thank you! It really does, I think it might be time to do another declutter!

@caitbird Fantastic job!!

Good job @caitbird !!!

@Kim888  thank you!

Love this thread but decluttering is so hard! For most things I'm a minimalist but for makeup, it's definitely hard to not just buy more containers!!! 🙂

@Finendandelion  Omg right!! I went through my closet and only threw out a handful 🤣

@atherhaha!🤣 Like me every time I try! I feel you!

Hahaha! So true @Finendandelion!! 😃

@itsfi 🤣🤣🤣

A very sad day of decluttering for me! I’ve been holding on to several Becca palettes but I can no longer deny that they smell like paint thinner. I always loved the pinky highlights especially. I have one single that still smells alright for now at least.

Fiona Stiles was another face palette I really loved - I’m sad that brand was short lived. 

Olio e osso products just go bad so fast. I know that’s the nature of preservative free brands, but I’m not sure I’d invest again. 

A9CF4679-AD88-4BBE-8781-022DC1EFC2B8.jpeg

A0CE9CC7-9B17-4EC5-8E4A-679A7E55FD7F.jpeg

  

@Kim888 I miss the Fiona Stiles foundation, it was so good! I was sad letting go of my Becca, too. I still have bronzer that’s holding on but I’ll have to check it soon. I had the same experience with RMS as you did with Olio e oso. I love their pot products but they go bad so much faster than other makeup, and for the price it’s hard to commit.

@makeitup305 @Guess it’s just the downside overall to the clean beauty trend - less preservatives 

725 Replies
testing