cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

lol @caitbird, it always amazes me how much stuff I can accumulate. 😬 I try to declutter once per quarter, both to clear out things and as a reminder that I need to slow my roll for whatever it is that I've been buying a lot of. It's my own checks and balance system. Hahaha! 

My plan was to do a declutter once per quarter this year, but I've fallen behind. This is my second declutter of the year. 

2023 Declutter 2.jpg

All but the LYS are new and unopened and will be donated to a women's shelter. The LYS is a lovely product, this shade just wasn't a good match for me. I'll check to see if it's a match for folks I know and if not, I'll look for a non-profit that accepts gently used makeup. 

Products decluttered to date: 11

@itsfi  great job! I love the idea of donating unused products to a women's shelter. I'm sure I have some things I'm never going to use that I could donate. You've reminded me that I need to declutter again (I did a big reorganization of my crazy beauty stash today, and finally tossed out all my very very old nail polishes, but of course I didn't think to take a picture 😓)!

The main thing is that you went through and tossed things - that’s awesome! Photos will come on the next declutters @caitbird!

IMG_3908.jpeg

I bought these at L’Oréal’s warehouse sale a few months ago. They had a limited number of shades and it was a very difficult place to try and swatch. I thought one was a touch too dark while the other was a touch too light and some mix of the two would be just right. They ended up both being too light. Good thing I didn’t spend a lot on them!

L’Oréal has a warehouse sale? It’s a good thing I didn’t know that until now @JoSometimes. 😆 I find it’s easily to keep foundation around so huge kudos to you for moving them out of your space! 👍🏼 

@itsfi I couldn’t make it work and it was just taking up space. There was no point to hanging on. 

I’ve come across a few warehouse sales! I was at a clothing one yesterday! They’re hit or miss. The men’s section was two small racks. I managed to find a couple of sweaters in the women’s section. My girls, on the other hand, came home with a bunch of clothes!

I looooove that your girls found a bunch of things at the sale @JoSometimes. Good job, ladies!! 👏🏼 👏🏼 Keep up the good work!

IMG_20230818_070559323~2.jpg

This Tarte palette is going going gone!! 

I'm working through palettes and this one is terrible

Sorry that palette didn’t work out for you @lmaster. At least there’s space for new products! 😉

Yes! I'm done keeping products just because, it's purge time 😂 @JoSometimes 

I'm not great about destashing products in a timely manner. It's a struggle between not wanting to be wasteful but not wanting to hoard. I'm going to try to be better about not holding onto things that clearly do not work for me. If it's a no-go but I can't part with it straight away, I *may* keep it to try during another time of the year (warmer vs. cooler seasons) and if that doesn't work, then it's gotta go (or, that's what I'll aim for, at least). All that said, here's my first declutter for the year. Small, but it's been a long time coming. @RGbrown 

2023 Declutter 1.jpg

The sunscreen and hand cream are being re-homed. The formula of the concealer is fine; I picked up two shades; this one is very off. The Thrive mascara is one of the few tubing mascaras that don't work for me; it's also spent far too long in my drawer. The Sephora Collection mascara smudges too easily and too often on me; the SEPHORA COLLECTION Big By Definition Defining & Volumizing Waterproof Mascara Ultra Black is much better - I did a wear test to compare both and, not surprisingly, my lashes prefer the waterproof version. 

@itsfi Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this declutter. If it doesn't serve you anymore, it is best to part with it. Great job on being mindful about waste. Any progress is really positive!

Thanks @Mellmars1185; this is a reminder that it's time to take a peek through my stash and declutter some things. Most of my stuff is packed up but even so, I can tell that there are some things that need to be donated or rehomed, or just plain tossed. Perhaps a project for the upcoming Labor Day weekend. Eeeeek, how did we get to it being almost Labor Day?!! 

You know, @itsfi, it's kind of nice to be able to declutter things in small quantities.  You don't feel like you're getting rid of TOO much but it feels nice to get a few things out of your collection that are just taking up space.

That's true @CookieGirl1! Seeing a smaller amount of products can make me less stressed about everything I'm passing on. We'll see how many small declutters I can do this year. 

@itsfi  I think any declutter is better then none!! I need to take my own advice 🤣

So true @ather! Every little bit helps. Baby steps. 

@RGbrown  An honourable send off to some lipsticks which made room (okay less overflow but who’s judging?) for other lipsticks 

E7D15556-F608-4E36-B7F6-243E99026400.jpeg

@heartsmyface Nice declutter! Do I see highlighter lipsticks?

@heartsmyface  Wow! Great job!

725 Replies
testing