cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

16 fewer items is a huuuuuge accomplishment @heartsmyface! You should be proud of yourself. I’m supremely impressed. 😃 You will get it down to one drawer - you’ve already made so much progress! 👍🏼 

@heartsmyface Great idea! Sometimes it feels so good to say goodbye to products! It is wonderful you have a now functional space for the lipsticks that work for you! Great inspiration! I did a bit of decluttering in the house today...Hoping to get to the makeup soon!

@Mellmars1185   I’m the opposite today!  I cleaned the lipstick drawer and am looking around thinking I about tidying but I used all my cleaning energy on the lipstick drawer.  It doesn’t help we’ve taken the iPad from the young one.  Toys everywhere 😆. It’s a good thing but ahhhhhhhhb!  

@heartsmyface I hear you. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction! 

I meant to pass these on last year to friends, family, coworkers, but like most things, set it aside and forgot all about it until now - they're all new, mainly base products that are far from being remotely close to a color match for me nowadays. A reminder of why back ups of back ups really are not necessary. 

Re-homed - New.jpg

With these out the door, all the base makeup in the house include ones that I'm currently rotating through or recently purchased ones that I plan to incorporate into the rotation over the next few weeks. 

@itsfi it'll feel good to be able to pass these along and have them out of your house!

Absolutely @curlychiquita! I think I'll try to go through my stuff and destash things more frequently, maybe once every few months, if I don't get distracted by something else.

@itsfi  Great job!!! I like to pass things along that don’t work for me too!!

Thank you @ather! 😃 It feels good to move along products especially if I know I won’t use them. 

@itsfi Oh my gosh... I haven't seen Cargo products in a hot minute.  Which is a reminder that I haven't had any of my Cargo products out in a hot minute.  I really should go through some of the new products I have that I know I won't use, smart idea Fi!

Right, @missjeanie???!!! When my reaction to pulling it out of the bin is "ohhhh, what's this?", 🤔 for that beauty product, absence clearly did not make the heart grow fonder. The heart forgot all about it. 😥 Time to either use or let it go and let someone put it to good use. Let us know if you destash or rehome anything.

Great to pass those on! I only have backups of maybe 3 or 4 makeup items that were too gorgeous NOT to use but also too gorgeous to use. Otherwise, I do have some skincare backups but have since learned my lesson since they are still backups and haven’t finished the originals! @itsfi 

@sister13, I am very familiar (too familiar) with the too gorgeous not to use and too gorgeous to use! 😂 How is it that we set ourselves up for that?!  

I have backups of a moisturizer that I use pretty much every day year round, because I happened upon a ridiculously good sale but I limited the backups to two which is now down to one. 

@itsfi That is very generous and thoughtful of you. Someone will be able to use it or know someone who can! 

@Mellmars1185, thank you. 😃 They would just be sitting in my drawers so it makes me feel good knowing that they’ll go to good homes … and be used! 

@itsfi   Yeah I learned my lesson as well.  No matter how much I mean it, it’s likely not going to be the only and greatest product I’ll ever use😅

Hahaha! I hear you @heartsmyface! I have a few foundations that are repeated repurchases, but I don’t need to keep a supply of them on hand. My wallet seems to agree. 😆 

Very mini declutter, I did a huge one prior to Christmas but I'm sure that there will be more to come once I get into my closet and my beauty dresser stash. Currently working on the minis/samples... wish us luck. 😁

IMG-2945.jpg

66551627019--5B86B44E-F9CA-44FC-A024-D5801B3663A8.jpg

Boutique White Nectarine & Pear Shower Gel: I got this as a gift a few months back and I really hate decluttering gifts, it just makes me feel bad. I actually used up the entire body lotion that came with this a while ago because I loved the scent. The shower gel is just... a weird texture? Almost overly jelly like in the sense that it kind of comes out in thicker blobs and it lathers horribly (as in literally... none). I also never feel fully clean like I do when I use other shower gels when I use this Boutique gel, I doubt this is expired because that's just how it's been from the get-go. It's kind of bittersweet to toss this one because it was a gift and I'm almost done with it but in the last 6 months I've probably used it 1-2 times a month. I literally never want to reach for it due to texture, so it's gone. 

Tarte Maracuja Lip Scrub: This one is kind of embarassing, I cleaned out my bedside drawer and found this just tucked into a corner behind a couple of books. I don't think tarte even makes this anymore, I was pretty sure it would be expired but I wanted to see for myself... too bad it wouldn't even open. I literally cannot get this metal tin open, some of the sugar must have gotten in between the tight packaging in between the tins and literally won't budge. My s/o (who is a "insert item here" opening pro) couldn't even get this open after much frustration, which I honestly think damaged his ego a little bit 😂so it's gone. 

Herbivore Bakuchiol Serum: I've dragged this product through the mud... up and down the street. I'm fairly certain this triggered some weird reaction in my skin that I now have to see a dermatologist for because my skin literally hurts after breaking out for weeks and then peeling after my first usage of this. I don't want to pass this along to anyone... not even my worst enemy. I couldn't wait get rid of this. 😂

Laura Mercier Chocolate Souffle Body Lotion: Okay, this was a good display of my weirdness. This used to be one of my favorites, I loved smelling like a little chocolate souffle... but then Queen Laura Mercier decided to scrap this scent and years ago when I find out it was on the way out I bought whatever I could get my hands on. Including these tiny little travel items, this was my very last one. I was "savoring it" aka not wanting to use it all up because I know it's gone forever. So... it's expired. Like... super expired. Goodbye Chocolate Souffle... I'm sorry I never used you. 😂

Bobbi Brown Lipstick: I don't know how old this is, but it's been in my collection for a whiiile. I tried this out on my arm and it's either Bobbi Brown lipsticks are dry and extremely hard to apply smoothly orrrr this is expired. Whichever one it is, tossssss. 

Trader Joe's Ylang Ylang Body Scrub: I used to like these but I now have many other scrubs that I reach for, so this has been neglected. I love the scent of ylang ylang so I gave it a go and the sea salt kind of ... hurt my legs when I applied it. It's about 60% full and my mom liked some of the other sea salt scrubs from TJ's and she wanted to try this one out as well, so it's getting a new home. 🙂 

@QueenMarceline  Awesome job!

@ather Thanks so much. 🙂 On to the samples.... eeeek😂

@QueenMarceline  Samples are my downfall. I should only get them if I want to try them not just cause I can get them. But @eshoe  suggested to me last year to make little bags and try to use one bag a month. Which helped me. Although I ended up finding lots of favourites doing that 🤣

725 Replies
testing