cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@makeitup305  thank you! 😊

@caitbird It always feels so good to free up space from the things that aren't giving you joy anymore!  Well done!

@missjeanie  thank you! 💜

Third declutter of the year, all except two of the nail polishes are new, unopened & unused. These items are either duplicates or were placed in a bin that I keep with products that, if I don't reach for them in 6 months from the time I put them in the bin, they are gifted or donated. A friend's neighbor has a daughter in college who was in town visiting with her parents for a few days, so I gave her first dibs at this lot and the rest was donated along with a bunch of clothes.

2023 Declutter 3.jpg

Products decluttered to date: 21 
I will probably do one last declutter for the year after Thanksgiving. I fell behind on my cadence of quarterly declutters and don't expect to meet my decluttering goals for the year, but it's all good. Moving a handful of things along to homes where they will be more loved is better than nothing. @RGbrown 

@itsfi It's ok you won't meet your goal, just be proud you still got rid of some things!

Thank you, thank you @Samtian; 😊 that’s good perspective to have. Some is better than nothing; have to remember that now and again. 

Awesome job @itsfi ! 

Thank you @makeitup305. I’m just trying to get as much decluttering as I can this year. Will aim to be more methodical about it in 2024.

Okay... fine... I might feel a little called out by your false lashes there... I wear falsies maybe once every three years?  It's time.  @itsfi Thanks for a kick in the declutter direction! 

Yes, falsies are overdue @missjeanie! Kudos to you for even knowing how to put them on. 😅 

@itsfi Don't be fooled... it's a struggle buss filled with a lot of cussing ... every dang time. lol... I've decided they're going today.  At least I feel like thats one part of my stash that I feel confidant in decluttering.  

Lol @missjeanie. well, at least there’s some decluttering opportunities. I’ve gone the route of lash serums; if someone wants to put lashes on me, that’s fine. But it’s painful when I have to do it myself - for me and for everyone waiting on me to finish getting ready! 😝 

@itsfi I fully support and promote Latisse!  I used it a few years back and the results were amazing!! 

Do you need a prescription for Latisse @missjeanie?

@itsfi I believe so.  I went to a medi-spa that had a doctor and nurse practitioner on staff who made me go to an appointment and speak with them before they'd sell it.  After that initial consult (which was free of charge) they would keep selling it to me.  I'm not sure if you could get it from a regular pharmacy to be honest. I do remember them telling me that if you have lighter coloured eyes there was a small chance that it could change your eye colour to a darker colour.  There was also a chance that it could darken the skin around your eyes.  I didn't experience either of these, mind you... I come with my own brown eyes and dark circles. 

@missjeanie, ahhh, a medi-spa. I think I could get behind that - it has spa in the name, after all 😆 I’ve tried lash growth serum from other brands before - my brown eyes have not gotten darker, but recently, I did experience some darkening around my eyes 😩 but that was user error. I was not as careful with my application of the serum and as a result some transferred to the skin under my eyes and voila, dark circles. 😡 I was applying brightening serums whenever I remembered in an effort to help them fade away. It looked a smidge better during Sephoria. The combo of OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright+ Vitamin CC Eye Sticks Apricot and OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright+ Vitamin CC Eye Sticks Banana helped to mask the discoloration a little. 

@itsfi Oh no!  I've used the same combo of the two OH shades. I 100% didn't notice any dark circles at all on you! 

I quite like having a medi spa that I trust.  I did laser hair removal through them as well as few little IPL zap zaps for sun spots from my teenage dirtbag years of thinking I was invincible/didn't need sunscreen.  Next up is a second round of under eye filler.  I found it to be the only thing that really helped the hollows under my eyes look better.  

@missjeanie, I knew in my head that skin discoloration was a possible side effect but just forgot or was careless about it, or both. Well that’s not gonna happen again, that’s for sure. That’s kind of you to say, thank you. The darkness had cleared a little by then; some of it too is that since serum found its way to the area under the eyes, that area also saw hair growth so that contributed to the darkness, dark shadows. There was some plucking (ouch 😣!) but that area is super sensitive so only a little at a time; and then I’d place an ice pack over that area because with all the plucking, it would get a little red. Good grief, big time lessons learned. 😝 

Yes! Having a medi spa you trust is soooo valuable. 👍🏼 I’ve been thinking about doing laser hair removal again, this time on my legs, but we shall see. Maybe this winter; maybe. Also have thought about IPL but I’m not sure about that; my skin is really sensitive so I need to research it more. 🧐 More things added to more lists. So many lists, missjeanie. 😆 I mean, I love me my lists but so many now!! 

@itsfi Oh I didn't know it could grow the hair as well.... but I mean... It makes sense!  My eyes are watering at the thought of plucking under them!!  Ouch! 

My IPL was about 8 ish years ago now, but I don't remember it hurting... though it did scab over a bit and need some make up free time to heal for a few days.  I may actually take a look at their 'menu' of services again and see if anything new strikes my fancy.  I'm not really into anything too invasive, but I'm not upset at a good facial as a 'Happy Holiday's' to myself!

Oooh, I love me a good facial @missjeanie! I try to get one in every quarter, so a seasonal facial, but that doesn’t always happen. It does feel so nice when I do get to fit one in. 😊 

@itsfi  great job! I like the idea of keeping a bin of new items and donating whatever you don't reach for after a certain amount of time. I should probably start doing something like that - I have a few boxes of new and unused makeup products I've been meaning to try and some of them have been in there...a while 😅

725 Replies
testing