cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@Mellmars1185, thank you. I'm hopeful that someone will be able to use them. 😊

@itsfi it's nice from you to do donation piles, especially during this world situation 💞

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. 😊 I don't pick up as many samples as I used to, but when there's a bag of gwp's that come with my purchases, I try to remember to sort through them immediately and put them into 3 bins - keep, gift or donate. Lately though, my default is to place everything into the donate bin, unless there's something that really catches my eye for myself or that I'm fairly certain a friend might be able to put to good use. 

I did a small declutter this weekend. The foundations are expired. The La Mer is at least 5 years old - I used it way past its expiration date. 

I used these eyeshadow palettes quite often but they've both developed hard pan.

IMG_20220226_150614~3.jpg

@curlychiquita, great job! The La Mer foundation is a beauty! 😍 I need to do a better job of decluttering my foundations more frequently. Or maybe just not having so many open at one time, though that is a lot easier said than done. 

@curlychiquita Great job! I just googled hard pan. I just  learned something new!

Thanks, @Mellmars1185! I usually get hard pan on palettes I use often. I think I wear them down. It doesn't seem to happen to my "special occasion" palettes that I use sparingly.

Went through my quads and smaller eyeshadow palettes, here’s what I’m decluttering. I still have another drawer to go but going to call it a night for now. 

As you can see, I haven’t used these all that much, maybe once? 

23E54EAA-B282-4DCF-9049-02CE9910B253.jpeg

E4C59F00-6EA9-463F-8D47-456F91AFC101.jpeg

CA2B716A-6F9C-4B6C-B155-46A8C6376FA5.jpeg

Wowwy @AznAngelLiz! You did a phenomenal job of letting go of these gorgeous palettes! 😍

@AznAngelLiz  Mmm, i can kind of see why with two of those quads.  The color stories don’t make sense.  Why have three super cool toned shades and pair them with a GOLD and not a silver?  And terracotta beside a blue toned mauve with a cool pale pink highlight shade and not a warm banana one?  They look good combined in a palette but the skintone that would be most flattered by wearing those shades doesn’t seem to have been taken into consideration.   
switch the highlight shades between the two quads and they’d maybe work slightly better as a story. 
Nice job with the declutters.  I’m really good at convincing myself I will use a couple shades in a palette and will choose to keep it for them.  Palettes are tough to declutter. 

15327661-70F3-4BF4-8B33-1B8ED8965932.jpeg

@heartsmyface  you have a great eye. Your recommendation makes total sense.

@AMK721  Thank you, probably from encountering this issue way too many times.  It’s worse when it’s a face palette.  
The urge to reach through the screen and use a hot plate to release and reset the pans to create a couple cohesive custom quads with what’s there is real! 

This is all assuming the formula isn’t the real issue. 

@heartsmyface  ahhhh yes, repotting and putting in a Z-Palette LOL. Part of me thinks these companies do it on purpose to drive us nuts or make us buy more.

@heartsmyface You're bang on... If those two were swapped... Tommy needs to hire you!

@missjeanie   Quads are supposed to be a quick and easy well thought out color combination. It’s not the same as buying a palette with 12 to 24 shades to be creative with.  Someone’s already decided what will work together for you.  meh that’s how I see them anyway.  

oh and Tom, we can discuss hiring me but I already have a few things going so you’re gonna have to sweeten the contract.  Daily jellybean refills  might tip the scales. 

Agreed @heartsmyface , My quads/duos are my quick go to's where I shouldn't have to think.  I tend to stick to very basic looks so I do prefer the smaller palettes like these.  Jelly Bean negotiations are something I can support.  Bargaining tips from BIC lol!

@missjeanie  No popcorn or black licorice in the mix or I walk.  😆

@AznAngelLiz Ooh my jaw dropped. Kudos to you for having the strength to get rid of those!

@Samtian  I  had the same reaction lol.  @AznAngelLiz those are so beautiful.

I went through my Mac lipsticks today and am saying goodbye to a handful.  Ha and I decided to spare my lips after about seven shades and decided to color my arm- three times:). Those smears, yeah they’re on my clothes. 

EF530B8C-1C79-4651-ABFB-F841B439DD82.jpeg

097B342D-FB9E-40A2-A236-3DAC4396B7CC.jpeg

621A80C2-1274-4CA8-A8BE-24BB3D5B7045.jpeg

6DAC9762-C97F-47DC-BDC4-A6A2FE6F063D.jpeg

Oh and the satisfaction photo… ouhhh so shiny and everything fits now! 

00B9CF9D-9F1D-41A0-A81F-3BB0513CD007.jpeg

@heartsmyface Beautiful end result. I love the smears all over part haha!

725 Replies
testing