cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@Mellmars1185, it's so easy, isn't it, for time to pass by before letting go of products? I go through phases - there are months when I am on my game and the products in / products out ratio makes for a very favorable and manageable assortment of products in use and waiting in the wings. And then there are those months when I need to give myself a serious "time out" and shop my stash. Ebbs and flows, for sure. I wanted to get a jump start on it before the end of the year. It's a good reminder too, for me to be more mindful during the avalanche of holiday promos and sales to come. We'll see how that works out. 😂 Going to be very selective when curating my holiday list.

@itsfi 

Fantastic! Cleaning out the excess always feels like an accomplishment ❣️

I got excited to do a lippie declutter earlier this year, and then lost all momentum to actually follow through with it. I think I'd feel better if I did, so maybe I'll get on that soon. I have cleaned out a few other things as I've come across them though, and it's always so nice to clear up a little space and shrink the stash!

Yeah, I hear ya @RGbrown! The intention is there but the follow through doesn't always go according to plan. lol. I think I need to just clear out products as I go or happen upon them, and not hold onto things in the often unlikely event I may reach for it. Some category of products are definitely better than others.

IMG_20220602_102551183.jpg

IMG_20220602_101541893.jpg

 these were all past their prime 😔

I'm not sure how I missed this, @lmaster. Great declutter! My old KVD lip colors were past their prime awhile ago, too.

@curlychiquita yes!! It was absolutely time for them to go

@lmaster Great declutter! It feels so good to get rid of stuff to make room for more heheh

@Mellmars1185 I've been pitching more and more!! If I'm not crazy about or have not used it in awhile,, it's gotta go 

@lmaster Yes I love that way of decluttering. Why keep it? I have things from over a decade ago 😅. Hopefully they will be on this thread soon. If I haven't used things in that long then they will not be missed 💯

Heck no they won't!! @Mellmars1185 or you can give it to someone that would use it

I'd posted a while back about my "try one more time" or my "limbo" bin as I like to call it. Here is the progress so far on destashing. Some of it I just don't like, others I just don't use anymore. A lot of it is really decent (even amazing) quality, I just don't necessarily want it in my collection anymore. Some stuff has been put back since my last picture, some has been given to friends, many old lippies had to unfortunately go in the trash. I feel torn on decluttering because it's hard to give away used items post-pandemic (no matter the condition). Unless completely necessary, I don't throw stuff away and try to give it a better home or find new ways to use it.

destash piledestash pilesome went bye, others are in the destash pilesome went bye, others are in the destash pileThese are back in my limbo pile since I wanted to give them another tryThese are back in my limbo pile since I wanted to give them another try

@makeitup305  I get it.  I have, for a couple of collections (cookbooks,  makeup,) gotten rid of some items and then bought them again later. No money saved that way.

Great work, @makeitup305

@makeitup305 Great work on destashing. I need to do some spring cleaning myself!

Nice work! I have a hard time getting rid of anything unless it’s gone off! @makeitup305 

Great job!!! @makeitup305 

@makeitup305 you're doing a great job 👍💕💪

Wow @makeitup305, look at that destash pile! Great job! That’s awesome that your destashing some newer releases too. Impressive.

Massive spring cleaning. I examined every product I had and there were a lot with one last use that were, well no longer usable. And a few half used something or another that were very expired. Oh and some resent staples that I ran out of.

151A24CF-1E84-4157-BFC3-0A8929DF1F52.jpeg

36D09C25-1BFF-4EC3-BE49-31A891A49018.jpeg

401D20FC-3FFB-4892-B959-0F5592947917.jpeg

4D7546CB-E9CB-43B0-BAC2-E43E71AEFF43.jpeg

@Weetart  Omg for a quick second i thought a jar of mayo got misplaced in your beauty stash! 😅. That would so happen to me! 
And great job!  Look at all the space that would have cleared up!  That’s gotta feel good! 

@Weetart you go!!! That's spring cleaning for real!!

testing