cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

Wow, great work, @Weetart

@curlychiquita Why thank you! I feel wonderful

@Weetart Whoa 😳.

@CookieGirl1  LOL right? And this was only one cabinet (abet a large one with lots of shelves).

@Weetart   It’s always impressive how much stuff we can fit into cupboards!  

@Weetart Great cleaning! Very inspiring! I dont know where to begin 

@Mellmars1185 I opened one cupboard, opened a container, sniffed it, was confused... touched it, sniffed it again, and exclaimed a huge, "Oh no!"  Then I grabbed a mini garbage can and didn't hold back. There are other places for me to explore and purge. I am taking photos of each item for reviews on different platforms.

Your spring cleaning is inspiring @Weetart! Excellent work! 👍🏼 It must feel good to have this all cleared out. 

Oh for sure. I was wanting to get back into my masking posts and lipstick posts (I have sooo many mores shades of red to share!) so I opened one of washoff jar and was horrified. And I went deeper and deeper. Yup. Lots of room now! 

Did a little spring cleaning early this morning and said "good-bye" to these 25 items in one way or another - doled out, donated or decluttered. 

Doled Out - these open / partially used have been re-homed to friends, family or coworkers.

3.2022 Doled Out.jpg

Donated - I added these new, unopen items to a bag of clothes and shoes that will be dropped off at a local women's shelter.

3.2022 Donated.jpg

Decluttered - to say these 2 products are past their prime would be an understatement. I don't even want to know how long ago they were discontinued. Ack! 
3.2022 Declutter.jpg

YTD = 37 items destashed
Tags:

@itsfi  Fabulous decluttering!  Ha, even with regular decluttering there’s always something that’s surprisingly extremely expired.  

Oh gosh those eos lip balms!  ha, they were pushed hard around 2014? I bought some cute hello kitty ones cause of the hype and couldn’t understand why everyone loved them so much.  If they were just a little more emollient…

Wonderful job, @itsfi

Thank you @curlychiquita😀 I may try to revisit my various stash of products every 2-3 months to see what I should give away or toss. 

I'm laughing because I still use that watermelon mask 🤣 @itsfi 

@lmaster @itsfi  I still have one the Blue Spirulina lol

@missjeanie @lmaster, the blue spirulina one was my favorite of the SC mask sticks. All this talk of the mask sticks is sorta making me miss them. 

@itsfi @missjeanie  I still use them!! I have the blue, green and red ones

@lmaster, is yours still good? I had to apply a ton of pressure to mine and it felt like I was dragging it (and tugging my skin in the process) in order get it to ummm... "glide" onto my skin. Hahaha! I took that to mean it was time to let it go. 😂

@itsfi I usually use mine right after I cleanse, so my skin is already damp

@lmaster, ahhhh, that's smart! 👍

@itsfi Great job! I am sure those products will go to great use!

1 Reply
testing