cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@RGbrown Yeah, it somehow got swallowed behind my journals and books, it was sitting kind of upright so against the drawer so you really couldn't tell it was there without taking out all the books and journals, which I oddly have a lot of in my drawer 😂I remember it having a really nice mint scent.

Liquid eyeshadows are done.  i haven’t really touched my liquid shadows in a while, but as I was swatching them I took note that there are some real beauties I need to get some use out of. For now these are gone.  

504FAF47-7CAA-4E8D-9605-CF471A60F29B.jpeg

@heartsmyface I need to remember to actually USE my liquid shadows.  I had to toss one last week because it dried out and was past reviving.

@CookieGirl1  What do you use to revive them? MAC fix plus or a glycerin base?  Maybe clear mascara…? 

@heartsmyface I've been able to temporarily revive them with both Fix+ and/or eyedrops but usually the effect only lasts a few weeks and you can only use that trick a few times before the shadow is completely toast.

I've been liking the lilah b. Mini Aglow™ Primer + Setting Spray Duo for rehydrating my liquid Stila shadows @CookieGirl1 @heartsmyface . Seems to be working okay for a little while but I'm running longer term experiments currently.

Oh interesting, I like these additional options of rehydrating liquid shadows @haleyvvvv @CookieGirl1 @heartsmyface I use Inglot Duraline, but I haven’t done it often enough to know if there’s a certain point where it won’t hold up anymore.

@Guessgal I've never owned the Duraline but I know that most people say it works really well for them.  I guess I've gotten to the point where I really don't wear my liquid shadows much anymore so when they finally dry out to the point of no revival I'm not overly heartbroken about it.

@heartsmyface I really haven't been using my liquid shadows at all, either! I should go through mine and see what's dried out.

@curlychiquita  They’re great for quick looks on the go (like finger applying before landing) but not really part of my regular routine cause I use a lot of powders and if I want to touch something liquid up throughout the day over powder it usually becomes a mess. i’d rather just use powder. 

@heartsmyface Gone for now? What do you mean by that?

@Mellmars1185 @I just meant that the rest swatched alright but I’ll have to test their performance.  There may be more liquid shadow casualties to come. 

Ouhhh I’ve been tackling small decluttering projects lately!  yesterday I did eyeliners and lip pencils.  Everything has been sharpened and dipped and wiped down in/with alcohol:)

D3A708E9-1A7D-4776-A39C-76D1F2D2457B.jpeg

2294F4D8-4BE4-4350-B821-925FBF1DFBF5.jpeg

@heartsmyface ,

Oh, my gosh!  The "Hearts My Face" face on the container!  It's wonderful!  💕

Admirable work with your eyeliners and lip pencils, too!

@tsavorite  Just pretending it’s not MONTHS later. 😗 🎶 

Ha the heart appliqué was a fun Japan find!  Thank you, I’m almost ready to go for another round of decluttering.  Baby steps.  I really do want a more visually clear and usable space.  

@heartsmyface Loving that mug and what a great declutter. I did one about 6 months ago with my lip pencils and finally I can actually see everything/move it so I know how good that feeling is 🙂

@QueenMarceline  Ahh, I feel guilt for not responding months ago! 😅.   isn’t it great being able to sift through things and see exactly what’s there!!?   it makes it much easier to use things.  

@heartsmyface hahah no big deal, happens to the best of us ❤️ 🙂

Great progress @heartsmyface ! 

@sister13   Thanks.  I can easily shuffle through them now.  Before they were stuffed in there so tightly it as unpleasant trying to find anything. 

@heartsmyface Great idea! Love the heart face mug 🥰

testing