cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@Mellmars1185   Thank you!  It’s actually an old planter a bouquet of flowers came in. I stuck an iron-on patch to it to give it a little more character. 

@heartsmyface Very creative! Valentines must be your favourite time for shopping!

@Mellmars1185   Ha it’s the easiest time to find cute heart items😄 but I do I like travel shopping the best.  That patch I bought in Tokyo a few years ago.  

I miss travel shopping SO MUCH!! @heartsmyface 

@sister13   me too!! I have a growing list of things to restock!   Most of my fashion accessories are from abroad.  I haven’t updated them in a couple years so I’m really looking forward to this fall.  🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 

All body parts crossed! Zeroing in on Nara at end of October! Please let it happen! 💗💗💗 @heartsmyface 

I fell off the wagon with using wash-off masks in my skincare routine in a big way last year. I've been focusing on sheet masks just to finish them off, but for some reason, that meant I forgot all about my beloved clays and exfoliating masks, staples that I've loved for eternity. Last night I went to pull out a long time favorite and had a brief moment of horror when I saw my mask shelf 😲 So I slapped on some PTR pumpkin and got to work whittling the collection down 💪

IMG_20220121_004518461_HDR.jpg

The before

IMG_20220121_125557848.jpg

Packets decluttered

IMG_20220121_130312821.jpg

Minis and fs decluttered

IMG_20220121_010737056.jpg

The end result!

I still probably kept more than I can reasonably make it through over the next year or so, but I cleared out a tonnnnnn that I knew either had to be no good anymore (Tata Harper circa 2017, anyone?) or that I probably wouldn't buy even if I did end up liking it...what's left is mostly tried and true masks I know I like with just a few new things to give me a little variety down the road. I went ahead and put the Urban Skin Rx pumpkin mask out with my "in use" stuff to compare to PTR soon, so yay to hopefully getting back into regular masking for me!

Looks so organized @RGbrown 

Thank you @lmaster! ❣️

Great job @RGbrown !

@makeitup305 

Thanks so much!! ❣️

@RGbrown   This is great!  At least the products you’ll actually reach for are all easily visible now! 

@heartsmyface 

Thanks so much! It's sooooo nice to actually see what I have now...I found quite a few things I didn't even remember having 😐

@RGbrown I've fallen off the wagon as well. I need to declutter 🤦🏻‍♀️

@RGbrown So organized! I plan to declutter and organize this weekend. I have no idea where to start!

@Mellmars1185  Pick one product type or one drawer that shouldn’t take you more than an hour.   Much easier to do in bite sized sections 

@heartsmyface @RGbrown Thanks for the tips. Start small. I think i have so much to go through and i need to create a system or get some better storage. It can be overwhelming!

@Mellmars1185 

I'm definitely way spottier with it than I should be, but even just tackling one or two small areas always feels amazing when I'm done. Just pick a chunk of your collection and go to town! 😃

@ohheyitscindyk 

Now is the perfect time for you! 

TLDR; moving and decluttering my perfume sample collection into a smaller (and cuter) new home. 

Alright, I started decluttering my sample-sized perfumes a week or so before the holidays and I actually tossed ~10-15 sample perfumes so this isn't an exactly accurate depiction. Today, I wanted to find a better spot for my scent samples, for a loooong time I've been storing them in this cardboard old Mrs. Fields heart-shaped box which is cute but takes up a lot of room as well as in an old candle holder (why though? lol). During my decluttering today I decided to move my sample stash into a better place. I found this awesome old pink heart-shaped chocolate tin which housed some old powder. I clean it out and gave it a good scrub and moved my little scent samples into their new home. This is great because it's much smaller (and deeper). I decluttered (recycled) the cardboard red heart-shaped box and I also decluttered the candle holder, I have so many and that one was "peeling off" and would leave odd black residue from the bottom which would not stop "peeling" even after being washed. I kept the little silver candle pumpkin sleeve for future fall votive candles. It's a small step, but definitely feels great to get my collection more manageable and stored in a more efficient way. 

Before Photo: 

Spoiler
3ABFE48B-7BDB-41EB-89B0-4A2B3D4EB9EF.jpeg

After Photo:

Spoiler
CEBE9444-3B08-4FB9-98B2-DF3989520C4A.jpeg

A491F6ED-880A-4B68-ACDB-6BBCCEE873E4.jpeg

@QueenMarceline Great job! I think @heartsmyface will love these tins! I hope to dobsome cleaning/decluttering this weekend! It feels so great to declutter. It translates into other aspects of life

testing