cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@Mellmars1185 I agree 🙂 I started decluttering out of other parts of my home as well, haha. Thank you for tagging her!

@QueenMarceline   I love seeing storage évolution!  There was a time Sephora gave boxes and gift bags free with every purchase so I used to keep ALL my products in those and it worked great for me…until it just didn’t.  
My perfume samples have gone through so many new homes over the years!  I like your little heart shaped box!  Currently mine are in a little tin that used to have meditation balm sticks, but they’re in with my essential oils now.  The tin was just too perfect for fragrance samples. 

C492C74B-23B9-4B18-ADFD-536929DE56F7.jpeg

A94EE6EE-4B1F-4C2A-9A35-AD705E05E08B.jpeg

@heartsmyface Wow! That box tin is so perfect for perfumes. 🙂 I love that you can see them perfectly all lined up. Maybe one day a better storage tin will come into my hands. 

@QueenMarceline   right!!!? They’re stacked two deep but still pretty easy to sift through:) 

@heartsmyface Even better! 🙂

@heartsmyface That is a perfect little case for perfume samples! I need to find a few of those!

@Mellmars1185   There are so many cute ways to store them!  I previously had mine in a candy dish.  

TLDR version; I somehow became a razor head hoarder without even knowing it? (I know, I'm confused too.)

I'm currently going through a "down-size, declutter and dive-in" journey in 2022 where I want to down-size my collection to products I genuinely want to use and get exciting about using. Declutter my current storage spaces including bath products, candles, housewares, etc. (I'm a little overwhelmed but it will be a step-by-step process). And dive-in to products that are sitting around that I'm not ready to get rid of or want to use up (this is where the project pan comes in). 

I'm starting off with my large master bathroom... and let me tell you the struggle is real. I've stuffed every inch of storage space over the years with random products but it's slowly starting to look better and I'll continue to update this thread as I move along and with full declutters from each area/section. Today, I started off with clearing out some of my stackable IRIS shelves that sit on top of the vanity and house (ie. are stuffed to the brim with) various products. To my absolute horror, one of the shelves was actually jammed for a couple of minutes... that shelf being: the "shaving needs" shelf, which really is just a shelf to house disposable razor heads to my Schick Hydro (not very glamorous). Seriously, when I was finally able to free the shelf all the razor heads sort of exploded out of it... how in the world did I acquire so SO many razor heads? 😳

My shopping addiction and my tendency to over-buy back-ups during "hot deals or mega sales" was staring me right in the face in the most peculiar of items: razor replacement heads. How did it even get this bad? I have a theory: I've had these razor heads in a pack of 4 (or 5) as a subscribe and save item on Amazon literally for years. I get one of the packs monthly, and clearly over the years I've accumulated so many razor heads that I am fully ready and prepared to shave my legs until 2025. Seriously, I had a good chuckle over this and this is a great reminder to check your subscriptions. I always justified having this on there because "razor heads don't expire and I'll always continue using them" while this might be true, no one in the history of the planet needed these many... not even Chewbacca. 

star-wars-chewbacca.gif

I found an old cute holiday set tin I got from LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics during my declutter and I really wanted to keep it so in order to justify that I had one mission and one mission only: to fit all of my shaving razor heads into this tin (including those belonging to my S/O) or both the tin and some of the razor heads had to go. After a good scrub down to the old tin and at least a half an hour of playing tetris with razor heads I was able to snuggly (and barely) fit the lid on the tin. Razor head subscription... canceled. This is what I ended up with.

D2F070D1-53D1-47E3-876B-61CA7D02B874.jpeg

92BD9B05-385F-4A5B-B130-766BD9B5BD35.jpeg

The Bonus: I now have one completely empty IRIS shelf that can be used in a much more productive way. I already had this tin, so no extra storage space will be used or lost on it. 

@QueenMarcelinei love that you are repurposing the tin! Great job decluttering!

@Mellmars1185 Thank you 🙂 The tin is so cute.

@QueenMarceline  Oh my goodness!!  I used to be really bad for habitually buying bars of soap and toothbrushes and ended up donating a big bin of them and cleared up three drawers.😅 
Also random information- I like mens razors cause they’re sharper and last longer, but you don’t need to know that cause you’re already set for life. 😆

@heartsmyface I know this because sometimes I use my s/o's razors. I guess luckily (or unluckily) for me these razor heads go dull fast so they get switched out quickly.

@QueenMarceline   It doesn’t make sense to me that women should get substandard blades when we’re needing them to shave larger areas of our bodies.  I demand a pink glittery Gillette fusion pro glide!😄

@heartsmyface I agree and I'll be right there with you in the protest for the pink sparkly gillette fusion pro glide. 😂

Felt inspired by @sister13 @to post my declutter. I usually have a box in my closet of stuff that I’ve stopped using or didn’t work for me and random samples live in my guest bathroom for when people stay over, although that’s not very often. I just got rid of a ton of old Colourpop shadows among expired lipsticks and dried out liquid lipsticks. Here is what I have right now to give away. Most of the products are fine they just overlap in my collection or I don’t use them enough or they don’t bring me joy.

7CD1BF94-01C8-4F3E-A0DF-CF8204570D19.jpeg61EF785F-4A28-4713-BFBC-4F6ABF462E6E.jpegThis is my try it one more time bin. I usually put stuff here before I decide what to do with itThis is my try it one more time bin. I usually put stuff here before I decide what to do with it

@makeitup305 That's a lot that you decluttered...feeling inspired to do some of my own but I'm too lazy tonight. LOL

Dang!! Good job @makeitup305 

Oh @makeitup305 I really like the idea of a "try it one more time" pile. Sort of an interim location before it either heads out the door or back into rotation. 

@makeitup305 ooh that hurt my soul looking at those. Lots of beautiful items!

@Samtian i know! I hope to find good homes for them since I'm not getting as much use out if them. Most of my friends don't like makeup nearly as much as me, though. 

@makeitup305 You can always send them my way 🤣. I hear ya none of my friends near me like it much either. 

1 Reply
testing