cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where 😄😍)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place 🤣

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@makeitup305  Ohhhh!!! Your giveaway bin is huge!  Mine’s a beauty insider box but has been recently completely cleared out.  
i spy what I believe is the Besame Snow White lipstick! Also, what is that….? 

58064A2B-EBC4-48DA-8151-E8FAFE82730C.jpeg

@heartsmyface it's a CT highlighter from a Norman Parkinson collection from a few years back. I got it in a Beautylish lucky bag and never really used it.

@makeitup305  Thanks, I had never seen it before.  I love the artwork.  

@makeitup305 I had a feeling that was CT but I was thinking bronzer. I was trying to google it for an hour and got tired of nothing even close popping up. That was a cool collection. 

Great stuff in both bins! I think I need a “try one more time” bin. I have been better about binning stuff that I know I don’t like after trying once or twice. I do have a giveaway box with unused/lightly used stuff. @makeitup305 

I decluttered a bunch of stuff today, but everything was too messy to try to take pics, so I’ll give an estimates of some things! 

• Probably 30-50 or so old, random Sephora samples.
  • Probably 7 or 8 old travel makeup bags. (I still have way too many but I have a hard time parting with them, lol.)
  • Maybe 30 or so deluxe size brand samples that were dried out or just uninteresting at this point.
  • A bunch of hotel toiletries.
  • A whole bunch of other stufff but now I can’t remember what, though it filled a pretty big trash bag.

And then these two items randomly. The ITEM Beauty By Addison Rae Lash Snack Clean Lengthening Mascara Midnight Mood I have only used twice (came in the SEPHORiA box), but I wore it today and realized it was flaking off by the afternoon. I love my Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara so much, so I kind of stopped wasting my time with others that don’t perform. 

This MUFE color was tragic on me, so no use keeping it. 
238E4EA2-67DE-4AAD-84DC-B5118D72D213.jpeg

@sister13   Makeup bags are the hardest to declutter even though I tend to gravitate toward clear ones every time I use one.  I am so good at convincing myself of all the uses for them-uses I never follow through on. 
the hotel toiletries!! 😂. Omg, I have issues.  They’re great for camping but how often does that happen?  

I Know, right! So hard to part with the makeup bags and (fancy) hotel toiletries, lol! @heartsmyface 

@sister13   I had to be cutthroat with the bar soap cause I just don’t use it.  I allowed myself one little plastic container of Hotel soaps- which I still don’t use.  Ha, I know they’ll be of use when our conference goes up to Whistler cause there’s never enough soap provided for the number of people we host. 
The makeup bags, ugh,  Every now and then I pick my least favorite one to rid of and feel like that’s a successful declutter. 

20210424_171225(1)(1).gif

ILIA Balmy Tint Hydrating Lip Balm Memoir in Kikomo. So sad,  I bought this in 2019 and now it has a smell. Its great, cuz this truly seems to be organic. I could put this on without a mirror!  I loved it but have since moved on to their ILIA Balmy Gloss Tinted Lip Oil Saint. 😍😍😍

I took a necessary break from all social medias this past two months and spent a lot of my spare time cleaning/decluttering.  The picture is on my busted, old phone.  I'm guessing the number of things that I decluttered here but it was a lot.  It was the first time I've done it in years. 

Several empty containers which should have been tossed a long time ago

24 expired MAC lipsticks, all back 2 mac'd

100+ other expired lip products ranging from fuzzy YSL Voluptes to Bite Amuse Bouches to Revlon chubby pencils

2 Urban Decay Naked palettes, including the OG that's like 10 years old

4 Too Faced palettes, La Vida Loca by KVD, Benefit brow kit from 2009.

Several blushes, mostly broken

MUFE eyeshadow trio from two reformulations ago

A small bag of skincare

8 mascara minis that are all dried out

2 eyeliners that I don't trust putting on my eyeball, 1 dried liquid liner

1 dried out brow blade, 1 empty Precisely my brow

My spinning lipstick tower because realistically, I don't want to tempt myself to fill it again

I also threw all of my J* cosmetics in my train case instead of on my vanity.  I don't want to throw my money away but I don't want the obvious reminder of how many dollars I threw his way.  Two of the minis are dried out so I tossed those.  

Now I have an empty mini train case from VS that I'm using for skincare *extras*.  The top part is going to be for DS and samples that I'm not using but plan to and the bottom will be for products that I'm not using in my daily routines.  

My collection is nearly 50% smaller.  I held onto my ABH Modern Renissance and Soft Glam even though I know they're nearing the end of their lives.  Just so I can replace one or the other.  And my Naked 2 while I humor the idea of getting another cool toned palette or just depotting or redecorating my Cremated palette.

@Nickelliebear1 Good job on the spring cleaning; this is impressive how much you parted with! Even the lipstick tower itself 😱

I haven’t seen my YSLs go fuzzy before, but you’ve reminded me to go check on them 👍🏼

Just decluttered some items.  Almost all were just expired and dried out, because they were three or four years old, with the exception of:

1) I owned the makeup wipes because pre-COVID I went in business trips about once a month. Haven't been on those (which I'm thankful for - they were wearing me out), so the makeup wipes expired.

2) The Aveda gel just did not work for my curls at all. It's the only actual dislike here.

IMG_20210501_142555.jpg

@curlychiquita  I am out the last of my makeup wipes.  I used to use them only to wipe swatches off my arms and by my bed for night I knew I wasn’t getting back up to wash my face. 

Oh wow, I wish I took a picture of all the declutter I did. I actually decluttered my whole room, and threw like 12 large trash bags of stuff.

I can't believe how old some of this stuff is.

thumbnail_IMG_1131.jpg

@suzyo  Oh my gosh those Tarte cheek stains must date back to 2012-13!!!  I loved those!  So pretty and in the height of Tartes glory!  I’m strangely happy to see those for the nostalgia!  Aw, and goodbye Bite monthly releases.  

@suzyo Those Tarte items are a blast from the past.  The lip stains were my first introduction to high end beauty and my mother used to love the cheek stains.  

What are those tarte products?? @suzyo 

@lmaster  They are cheek stains. Tarte stopped making them ages ago.

@suzyo they look so cool!! The packaging is great too

1 Reply
testing