cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place ๐Ÿคฃ

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@sprockettaUnidentified

Yup, I need some shine in my lipsticks! I'm keeping a very few liquid mattes that are metallic...I can handle the dryness every now and again if it's glittery, but otherwise, mattes are out for me. I just hate that I went so overboard on the matte trend ๐Ÿ˜…

I am with you on simplifying your daily options, @RGbrownItโ€™s like going to the grocery, I donโ€™t need 15 mustard options, 2-3 works. Itโ€™s too confusing and stressful! Less is definitely > more๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoeUnidentified

Yeah, it was getting overwhelming. I think this round finally gets me under 200 lippies, so I definitely still have a massive collection, but I'm getting there ๐Ÿคฃ

Decided to clear out a few items last night. Interesting that 3 of the 4 are tarte๐Ÿค”B598A75F-6BAA-46C2-942F-14CE17F26550.jpeg

Spoiler
The B.B. primer is almost full. It was a backup and I havenโ€™t used it in close to a year. I love the Shape Tape formula, this is just too light. The concealer is too creamy and wonโ€™t stay put. The Korres is ok, but like so many of their moisturizers, pills on my skin. I had it in my 10 by 10/10 but am tossing in the towel on this one. I tried to use it on my arms and legs but it stuck to my clothes๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe Good to know about that Korresโ€“ I have a sample Iโ€™ve meaning to tryโ€“ nice to know what to expect!

It seems Iโ€™ve been slowly straying away from Tarte products latelyโ€“ I think Iโ€™m just bored with the brand. I have an eyeshadow palette that Iโ€™ve entered in the Pan It! Challenge Thread, but itโ€™s just sooo boring, Iโ€™m seriously thinking of tossing in the towel!

Which palette? I am working on the In Bloom one, on โ€˜Flower Child.โ€™ Iโ€™ve come to realize itโ€™s a little too powdery after using it for quite awhile๐Ÿ™„

@eshoe Sorry, I missed this comment โ€“ The palette I'm currently trying to get through is the Rainforest of the Sea Volume III. 

The colors are just kind of boring and seem to be a lot alike. I also agree that the formula is bit powdery. Not sure how much longer I can keep using it, haha! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I know, @Shosh85, I feel the same way about mine. Every time I pick it up, I look longingly at my ND and wonder why I am wasting a day with shadow that doesnโ€™t thrill me ๐Ÿ˜† I think I might declutter and send to my niece at the end of this. Thanks for letting me know!

Found some more things to get rid of and thereโ€™s plenty more to dig through! Most of these will go to my sister and niece!! Iโ€™m actually really sad I canโ€™t use any of those mascaras! โ€“ My eyes water pretty consistently, so I have to use waterproof everything or Iโ€™ll look like a raccoon in 5 seconds! It seems like I get a mascara in literally every subscription and most of the time itโ€™s not waterproof ๐Ÿ˜•

BB63C96F-A572-4905-9187-077BFED2D229.jpeg

3020B0B0-200E-4F8B-9CB3-A97E2C27420C.jpeg

6F5DF150-5CA3-4D29-BFA6-06809C0DB32E.jpeg

@Shosh85ooo those battington lashes are amazing, if you dont mind me asking how come your getting rid of them?

@Anastasiya13 I just don't wear lashes. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I tried once and they just kinda bugged me. Also, my eyes are super sensitive and water all the time, so this would just be something else in the way. I did, however find a good home for them โ€“ a coworker will be using them for her wedding ๐Ÿ‘ฐ ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85aww okay, and yeah they can be weird at first. Thats awesome, they will look amazing on. Btw since I noticed most of those are boxy items too, join the facebook group and you can sell the items you dont want there. Its pretty awesome, and the admins are pretty good too

@Anastasiya13 Thanks for letting me know! Right now I have enough family and friends that will take things off my hands, ๐Ÿ˜‚ but I will keep that group/thread in mind! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—

@Shosh85 That's such a bummer to hear about the mascaras, you've got some nice ones there so it's a shame you can't use them! I on the other hand always seem to be running out of mascaras the quickest. Those DR ROEBUCK’S - No Worries Hydrating Face Moisturizer samples (the name changed from FACE to No Worries) are really good! I got a sample of one a while back, but the full size is $45 so I just can't bring myself to purchase it, and I loved it so I highly recommend you give it a try, if you haven't already! Are some of these items from BoxyCharm? Because I recognize a few that I also recieved.

@Glarson  I reeeeally wish I could use the mascaras! I've heard good things about a lot of these! โ€“ I just know it'll start streaming down my face seconds after applying๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿผ

I have Ipsy and BoxyCharm subs, so most, if not all are from those.

I seriously have sooo many of those Dr. Roebuck's samples! I still have more, just wanted to share some with my sis and niece! I've only tried it once so far and wouldn't say I loved it, more of a "like" โ€“ although that may change once I get through them all! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 That is a big bummer about the mascaras. Yes you should definitely continue to try out those moisturizer samples! I have combo skin and I found that it's one of the only moisturizers I've tried that will soothe my dry areas while also not causing my oily areas to produce anymore oil. I hope you end up loving it after trying it out some more!

Holy ๐Ÿฎ@Shosh85, thatโ€™s a lot of mascara!!!

Haha, I know, right?! A lot of these look like theyโ€™d be great, but thereโ€™s just no way I can use them! ๐Ÿ˜ข @eshoe

Show Me Your Declutters!

I cleaned out a few products today.

1) Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. I love everything else ABH, I just don't love this. I now use the RevitaLash Brow Gel instead if I use one. Tarte Tarteist is also good. I haven't tried Benefit's.

2) Kerastase Discipline Oleo Curl. This has very little left. I really tried to force myself to finish it. It dried my hair out a created static. I've never had a leave in styling product cause static before.

3) Mini Becca in moonstone. Not bad, I just don't reach for it anymore.

4) Lancome Teint Idole.

Thatโ€™s too bad about the foundation! Hopefully you know someone itโ€™ll be a match for ๐Ÿ˜Š

What a bummer about the foundation, @curlychiquita. The cost per use is definitely not worth the price๐Ÿ˜‚!

4 Replies
testing