Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

a place to post about all things Sephora Favorites sets: past, present and future. Have a question, please ask.  Have a review, please post.  Have pics, please show us. These sets are one of my favorite things about shopping at Sephora. I get to try a bunch of products for a lower price and always end up finding some HG items. 

Today, I got the Sephora Favorites: Beauty on the Fly. It was $42 plus ebates was at 8%.  For me, I've either been wanting to try all of these items, or have tried and really like them. 

More pics and thoughts in the first post. 

image.jpeg

haven't picked up any of the sets yet. I just want to take a second to appreciate that they didn't include any brands from a certain controversial line.

Re: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

Has anyone gotten the lip set yet? I did...and let's just say if I was relying on this to make my holiday, I'd probably hang myself. IMHO, absolute worst lip set ever! If anyone else has gotten it, I'd love to hear what you think.

I actually like this year's set. It's all product I'll wear.

I actually like this year's set. It's all product I'll wear.

What did you dislike about this set @Harobedb ? When I was at Sephora earlier today I swatched all of the colors included in this set and I am just waiting for a good GWP to add to my order. For a change the only item that I already own is the Fresh Rose lip balm. 

Only 8 products, and four of them are balms or a plain gloss (one of the two full sized products.) And two of the four lip color products are nudes. Compared to last year, it's not that much cheaper, and a whole lot more boring.

I am still hoping that a larger lip set will still be released @Harobedb . The Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick retails for $34.00 so I feel the value of this set is there. 

@Loretta55 @drrragon @Harobedb I picked up the set last year and I prefer the set from this year actually! Yes, you’re totally right that last years was more exciting in terms of shade range and variety, but I found that I had to give away some from last years because I had them already (like the MJ plum and get it, KVD outlaw and nars pencil in do me baby). Also a full year later and the only products from that set I’ve regularly used are the Charlotte Tilbury in Bond Girl and the Bare Minerals Gen Nude gloss. I loved the colors initially but the FS products especially weren’t that easy to integrate into everyday use (like the Smashbox vino noir, ABH in poet, bite liquified in Marsala, Huda strobe in snobby etc)

OMG!  LOL at the strong reaction! 😄 😄  @Harobedb   I was thinking of picking it up especially as I haven't tried Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks yet......what didn't you like about the set?  Was it the colors, formulas, sizes, brands.... ?

There are only 8 products, and half of them are lip treatment or clear glosses. There are only four actual lip colors. Two of the four lipsticks are beige (inc. the Charlotte Tilbury.)

I've still got last year's set that had 14 products, all of which were lip color products. It was fun to try them all on. This year, I was done in five minutes (beige isn't my color.)

Last year's set was $68 (and I think I got it at 20 percent off.) Granted, it's more money, but not that much more, and the difference in the number of products and fun factor is incomparable. Just a big disappointment.

SFSkinExperts.jpg

SFIconicHair.jpg

SFBestHairEver.jpg

Just received the Best Hair Ever set and it is great, lov...

Just received the Best Hair Ever set and it is great, love the product selection (though I may gift the glitter spray to my daughter), and the scrunchy will come in handy. Excited to try the blow dry cream. Also, the bag can serve as a clutch for bronze sandals.

@ohheyitscindyk These sets look awesome! I have to pick some up for Christmas! 

Best,
Rebecca

Three of the previously mentioned sets are now online, plus a new holiday cologne sampler 🙂

SFNew.jpg

These favorite sets will make for a great restock to any saved boxes from last year’s beauty advent calendars! 

Ugghh seeing all these beautiful sets coming out make me want them NOW! My birthday is coming up on September 20th, so I cannot wait for the Give Me More Lip, Next Big Thing, and the Superstars sets! Hopefully the Give Me More Lip and Superstars set remain in stock for the event on the 14th, so I can group them all under 1 order if not, I’ll probably make 2 orders).

I love looking at all of the new holiday sets!  There's something so satisfying about a whole box full of minis 🙂

via Trendmood

The lip and mascara set look fantastic! 

If only I needed mascara! The kit looks very good.

I’m feeling the same way @ShortErica! Looks like there are quite a few mascaras there; seems like a good deal!

The lip and mascara kits are calling my name this year!

testing